Science Forums

Thought Dimensionality; thought types

I would like to present a model I developed, many years ago, that is a useful tool for representing psychology in a graphical way. One can plot any orientation of psychology or specific theory via this schema. It is based on simple geometrical analogies for types of thoughts and thought processing dynamics, that include pathological states of mind.

I am going to develop this slow so I can make sure it is clear. There are basically three levels of human memory or thoughts. With respect to this model they can be represented as 1-D thoughts, 2-D thoughts and 3-D thoughts. At this time I will focus on the range between 1-D and 2-D.

Using a geometric analogy a 1-D memory is a line or linear memory. Examples of this are one's name, the letters of an alphabet, Babe Ruth's batting average in 1935, etc., It is very specific or linear in nature.

As thought dimension increases from 1-D, we get (1+)-D thoughts. Using the geometric analogy the straight line of linear memory begins to gain some curvature or a slight twist. This curve or twist to linear memories is common in language, where one word can have several meanings. For example, the word set can mean a TV set, set the table, or the girl has a nice set, etc. The word set is not linear like Babe Ruth's average, which is exactly defined, but rather has a curve to it.

As the thought dimension increases from 1-D, the curvature also increases meaning that more and more subtle shapes of meaning can be expressed. At maximum curvature, the line curves onto itself to form a circle. This is represented by 1.5-D thought. The thought dimension beginning at 1.5-D imparts a subjective meaning that is not a simple variation in language but is connected to subjectivity defined by culture. It can be understood as a prestige affect. For example, a child's teddy bear, may only be teddy bear to you or I, but the child will add a (1.5+)-D affect that makes it more than what it appears in reality.

As the thought dimensions increase from 1-5-D, the prestige affect has wider and wider social subjective appeal. This is geometrically implicit of the circle of prestige getting larger and larger. For example, a new game for X-box can get close to 2-D, when it first goes on the market. The imagination and market hype will make it appear a must have, while having it will give one a subjective enhancement in the eyes of others. It is not quite rational and won't be felt by those who don't play games.

The limit of this prestige affect (social subjectivity) is at (2-)-D. This object is expressed by money. It has limiting social prestige because it allows one to buy all the things below it in the scale of subjective prestige. If one had enough money one, could even buy an abstraction, like a royal title, imparting an aura of social enhancement. This prestige range is more often expressed with objects although subjective abstractions can also be expressed.

At 2-D the circle of subjective prestige becomes infinite. This defines the infinite plane behind the 2-D thought dimesionality of cause and affect or logic. In other words, through most of history many kings have achieved the limites of social prestige, i.e, crown of the king is a large circle. But money and prestige of title alone can not buy continuing peace or prosperity. That takes thought dimensions of 2-D and higher, i.e., reason and wisdom.

If we look at data collection, solid data is 1-D because it is very definitive. Fuzzy data is greater than 1-D since it throws a curve allowing more than one possible way to interpret that data. Statistical studies are not quite 2-D, since either cause or affect has some statistical fuzziness. Such results are less than 2-D and require the use of spin to help increase the level of social prestige. When science reaches 2-D, spin is no longer necessary, since the cause and affect relationships can be reproduced and verified, and do not require cultural subjectivity.

If one looks at marketing, placing the babe in the car, is a subtle way to add a subjective enhancement to the car. This will focus the mind at less than 2-D in the realm of social subjectivity. There anything is possible, even things that are out of touch with cause and affect. But this is part of the fun of life and should be included to make one complete. A purely materialist person may never need to get all the way to 2-D thought but can still exist fine in culture. But on the other hand, they would have no logical defense against all the subjective spin going on below 2-D. For example, one may flow with the tide of social subjectivity with respect to fashion, being willing to waer a fuzzy wrap because the social prestige says this is cutting edge allowing one to appraoch 2-D.

To present a useful application, consider child development. The first thing a child does is learn sounds and say their first word. The child begins to form 1-D thoughts. If there are two cats in the family, the child may learn the word cat and begin to form a distinction to the word cat giving it a twist, allowing them to think at greater than 1-D.

As they get older they may have a favorite blankie, that is a tiny subjective circle (just for them) this brings them into 1.5-D thoughts. After that they begin to want what others are playing with because it is higher than 1.5-D (a bigger circle of prestige). As they go to school they begin to become part of youth fads and trends, hair styles, fashions, increasing thought dimension toward 2-D. The first jobs give money allowing them to approach 2-D. As they enter High School and University, teachers and professors keep their minds pushing beyond 2-D so they can become rational scientists at higher than 2-D. One never loses the path of thought dimensions they have mastered, while child development increases the thought dimensions that are conscious.

Sorry. Thought Dimensionality is a way to organize the output of the human mind using geometrical analogies. This is not to say that a 1-D memory is actually linear neurons within the brain, but rather 1-D memories are linear type memories or memories with a one-to-one correspondance. The model actually goes from 0-D to 4-D. I presented the range from 1-D to 2-D. The value of the model is that it is a comprehensive way to plot any type of thought processing dynamics within the human brain. It also allows one to compare various types of thought processes on a comparative scale.

The 1-D memories are linear memories with very specific meaning. Again the 1-D memories are not linear neuron arrangments, but rather a geometric analogy. The letters of an alphabet are 1-D because they are what they are. In geometry, as dimension gets higher that 1-D, it begins to take on a second dimension. I called this a curve or twist being added to linear memories. Most words in the dictionary have many meanings such that these are no longer linear, but are higher than 1-D, with respect to the thought dimension scale.

As we add more and more curvature to a line, in geometry, the line will eventually curve upon itself to form a circle. This is 1.5-D thoughts. Rather than the memory just having many defined meanings, it now includes subjective meaning, open to subjective opinion. Using the model this is analogous to a prestige affect being added to the memory. By prestige I mean a subjective enhancement, usually defined by culture. For example, If I was to pick up a rock, it would be a rock/composite of crystals, etc. If Madision Avenue decided this rock was now the latest fad, i.e, pet rock, it would gain a subjective enhancement within culture and would be now subjectively worth more than just a rock. The rock is the same, but a cultural prestige affect gives it subjective enhancement. It gets bumped from say (just to use numbers) 1.1-D to 1.79-D. This prestige effect works from 1.5-D to almost 2-D, with the higher end indicative of wider subjective appeal, i.e., larger circle of prestige.

At 2-D the prestige circle become infinite or discontinuous. This is the beginning of rational thinking. Rather than depend of cultural subjective enhancement to determine worth, or lack of worth, rational thinking creates logical ways to determine the reality of relationships. For example, if one was to say pi is the ratio of circumference to diameter and this is alway constant, one does not need subjective hype to believe this. One can use logic and math to prove it to themselves, i.e., infinite appeal because it defines a logical instead of human subjective relationship.

The range from 1-D to 1.5-D is language and trivia. The Guiness world book of records is recorded in this thought range within the brain. If one just memorizes instead of learns, they never have to leave this range.

The range from 1.5-D to 2-D, but not including 2-D is the range of human subjectivity, where prestige affects define relative worth. This range does not require the use of reason. For example, politics, religion, marketing, culturally rituals, even statistical studies, etc., are all within this range. For example, a Muslum person praying to Mecca would give this ritual a prestige thought dimension of near 2-D, but since it is less than rational and not universal, it may be close to 1.5-D to another culture who does not believe. Humans set the values from 1.5-D to 2-D and not the natural logical laws of nature.

When we get to 2-D, we are in the thought dimensional range of cause and affect. Thought dimensions higher than 2-D can be understood as rational drawings on the plane of cause and affect. If one rationally draws with straight lines they are making a rational drawing that uses only linear relationships, i.e, if 10-6=4, then 6+4=10.

Rational drawings can get fancier by using the curved lines of language memories to create very subtle and complicated rational diagrams. For example, if A+B=C, then C-B=A. The variables are curved relationships with many possible meanings, none of which are subjective. This type of drawing can also be done a la Sherlock Holmes with subtle variation of language and linear data to draw very sound rational diagrams with logical conclusions.

If one draws with lines, curves and subjective circles of prestige, it creates a whole different type of rational drawing. This occurs at the upper limit of reason at 2.5-D. It is a called a spatial image. It looks 3-D to the eyes but because it is draw on a 2-D plane of logic it is flat and therefore 2-D. The addition of the prestige circles to the rational drawing, acts like shadowing or highlighting to create the illusion of 3-D.

There is sort of an irony here. A 2.5-D memory contains a subjective element yet is rated higher in thought dimesion than pure reason. It sort of amounts to a social prestige enhancement being added to rational drawings to give then added umph.

Let me give an example. There are two political parties in America. They would not both exist if each was not expressing some of the truth. But both sort of take part of the complete data set of turth, and based on their narrowed data/truth set are able to draw rational drawings. That part of the reasoning is sound, if only half the data actually existed. The denial of truth in the other half of the data and the focus on their pet data is the shadowing and highlights that give the rational drawing a sense of depth. The depth comes from the emotional induction associated with the denial of the other half of the truth or the markets of thier half of the truth.This is actually a precursor stage to thought dimesions that are above 2.5-D. It is good to know how to do this.

Thought dimensions above 2.5-D can be understood as intuitive relief drawings, where depth of understanding begins to replace denial of truth. It actually begins to take on a third dimension that is more than prestige enhancement. For example, if one was a moderate, they may try to include the good points in both political parties. This increases the data set and takes away some of the emotional shadowing and highlighting. A moderate position is not always easy since compromises have often not yet been formed. The result can be an intuition that a compromise does exist, that will slowly take form in the mind. This stems from the spatial memory or 3-D memory within the right hemisphere.

Intutitions are similar to subjective prestige affects with respect to their emotional output, i.e, they way they make one feel. However, yhey are two distinct things at different thought dimension ranges. The prestige affect is conditioned subjective enhancement, while an intuition has personal meaning. Intuition is a fast memory signal often felt first with emotional valence. It is like a creative dam before the waters of thoughts begin to flow.

For example, two people may meet a new person. One person may not like them because they dress funny. This is an emotional assessment based on a conditioned prestige affect. Another person may not like them because they give off this strange vibe. This is more intutitive with the unconscious mind picking up something and outputting its dense/fast 3-D assesement as a uneasy feeling tone. They both appear subjective but the latter actually has a type of wisdom that is in touch with reality. If the stranger changed his clothes, the first person may now like him. While the intuition of the second person would draw the very same conclusion.

What thought dimensionality does is correlate various types of human thoughts to geometric analogies. The range from 1-D to 3-D can be seen as representing types of memory organization. At 1-D, memories are their simplest or are linear, i.e, 1-D geometry is linear. Again this does not imply the shape or organization of neurons but rather a geometrical way to organize all that goes on in the human mind.

The 1-D memories are linear. A linear memory is straight up with an exact data point, not subject to interpretation. For example, in football a field goal is worth 3 points. This would be a linear memory. If one memorized all the states of USA or all the presidents, these would also be linear memories, since they are very specific.

As the thought dimension gets higher than 1-D to say 1.1-D the geomteric analogy would say it is no longer linear but begins to show signs of a partial second dimension. Such memory dimensions add a curve to a linear memory. If one looks in a dictionary, most words have many meanings, often being nouns, verbs, adverbs, adjectives, etc. This curve added to linear words of language are implicit of thought dimensions that are higher than 1-D.

If I was plotting memories in a graph from 1-D to 1.5-D, trivia such as baseball scores would be near 1-D. Words like set, which have the most meanings of any word, would be close to 1.5-D. All the rest of language will be in the middle of this range somewhere. This range is pure memory without subjectivity or logical understanding.

In geometry when we reach 1.5-D, the curve of the line gets so extreme that it finally curves onto itself to form a closed circle. This range of memory begins to add subjectivity to memories. I called this human subjective affect prestige. The term prestige should not to be confused only with something of social value. This is a special case of the what I am defining. The prestige affect can be good or bad and is set by culture.

For example, in the 1970's the pet rock was a fad'craze among the kids. A rock is just a rock, until culture adds some additional subjective prestige to the rock. All of a sudden something, one can pick up off the ground for free, costs $19.99. What has been added is subjectivity. The rock is still free, but the presitge affect will cost one $19.99. It also boosts the thought dimension of the mind from less than 1.5-D to higher that 1.5-D, which is a secondary benefit that is included in the cost.

This magical, to use the word loosely, social prestige induction, is defined in the range from 1.5-D to almost 2-D. Using the geometrical analogy, if 1.5-D is a circle, then higher than 1.5-D is a larger circle. This spreads out the influence of the subjective affect so it covers a wider social circle. The diamond is given a very high value in all cultures making it very close to a 2-D type memory because of the extreme subjective magic is creates.

At the low end near 1.5-D the subjectivity or prestige affect is very limited in scope. For example, one may have an old pair of jeans that are torn but are the most comforatable pants one owns. They have only subjective or prestige value to you. On the other hand, a new pair of designer jeans, even if they fit like crap, will have a wider social appeal and would be a type of memory (because of the extra prestige) closer to 2-D.

Objects in the range from 1.5-D to near 2-D, have a prestige affect that is transferable to people and can be used for ego inflation or deflation. For example, if I was standing in a night club dressed well, babes may react toward me via a thought dimension near 1.75-D (subjecitve assessment). Add a 5 carrot diamond ring, because it is near 2-D, my vlaue will now increase, maybe allowing me to reach almost 2-D in their minds (viewed by their subjective reactions). I am the same person underneath, but the prestige affects of certain objects allows one to gain subjecitve ego inflation via reaction from the social environment.

When we reach 2-D, this begins the basis for cause and affect. It takes away the irrational magic in exchange for rational relationships. The memories from 1-D to 2-D is all of language, trivia, as well as all the subjective affects encompassed by objects and ideas that are below rational, i.e, subjecitve value. This is not to say these are not important, since they are part of our range as humans. Before the Age of Enlightment, this range of thought dimensions was cultural reality. Science began to increase the memories stored above 2-D by looking at, recording and teaching, the cause and affect relationships in reality. One can correlate the evolution/progression of human culture via an increase in the thought dimensions. It started at 1-D and reached 2-D by Greece and Rome, took a nose dive and regained 2-D at the age of enlightment.

When the pet rock fad was in affect, I tried to remain rational, i.e, keep my thought dimensions higher than 2-D. This took away the subjective prestige affect induced by culture. The fad was trying to get me to focus my mind at say 1.78-D, so I would become irrational, but by staying above 2-D, I ignorred the fad induction. I was not able to participate in the subjective fun at 1.78-D, and even took some flack because I refused to lower my thought dimension and run with the herd. This demonstrates how one can control how culture affect one by knowing relative thought dimensions and chosing which dimension one will maintain. It is fun to participate below 2-D, but one should not camp there all the time. The natural impulse should be higher and higher. While culture sometimes pushes us lower for fun and profit.

When we hit the range beginning at 2-D, the thoughts are associated with setting up an axis of cause and affect. Within this axis one can draw rational drawings, with more complex logical drawing defining higher dimensions.

Just as in art, one can draw 3-D looking objects on a piece of 2-D paper. This is 2.5-D thought and I called it a spatial image. It looks 3-D to the eyes and may require a tactal sense to see through the 3-D illusion. Like in art, 3-d affects are done with shadowing and highlighting. The example I gave were political parties. Both express parts of the truth yet each market themselves as the whole truth. This denial of truth is added to rational drawings to shadow them in to create the 3-D affect. This is quite subtle and may be hard to visualize. They become more obvious when one reaches a thought dimensional reference higher than 2.5-D.

At higher than 2.5-D, denial of truth become depth of understanding. This is the range of the intutitive relief drawings. The third dimension between 2-D and 2.5-D is obtained via rotating the logical plane versus other planes but it can only work one plane at a time. With respect to political parties, each takes a plane perpendicular to the other, with the denial allowing some shadow transfer of another dimension from the other plane.

Above 2.5-D begins to add a real third dimension to a logical plane. This stems from the spatial memory within the right hemisphere. If one would like to witness intutitive relief drawings read Mysterium Coniunctionis by the psycholgist Carl Jung. This is Latin for the mystical union. It addresses symbolism for combining opposites into a whole. It is not purely rational but requires an intutitive cast of mind. That is part of the problem with Jung. He is usually considered too esoteric to be useful. There is truth here, since intutitive relief drawings are often very hard to transfer with just logical relationships, since these need an extra 3rd dimension to be fully grasped.

Let me give an example of an intuitive relief drawing. I am not preaching religion but God is a useful example. To a child God is a name like Jesus, Yewah, Buddha, etc. It is 1-D. As one begins to learn the doctrine of a religion God become closer to 2-D but often remain in the range of prestige and human subjectivity. Many of the sub christian churchs preach theirs as the way, to enhance prestige. The religious adult may also draw spatial images using the limited data set of the bible or by using just certain parts of the bible. The spiritual person goes beyond doctrine and reason and attempts to resolve all the paradoxes of the concept of God. This occurs above 2.5-D and requires intutition.

For example, to a eastern spiritual person God may male and female, large as the universe, yet smaller than a quark. He is good and evil, matter and spirit, now and forever, etc.. Geometrically, one is setting up many conflicting opposite planes at the same time. In the middle of all these opposing planes, intuition adds a 3rd dimension which is difficult to transfer to another with language. Esteric double talk is trying to induce the 3rd dimension in another. The born again feeling is a glimpse of the 3-D memory, within the right hemisphere, created by all the rational planes. This is a very fast and dense memory and may be just a feeling, but often a feelings that carries enough weight of conviction, i..e, the initutive relief drawing is in sight.

I realize this is difficult to see if one is purely rational but is part of the human range of thought dimensions. The hermaphodite is a symbol that combines male and female. To most it is usually seen as simply a male with a tang, or a female with twigs and berries. But at an deeper level, it tries to combine all that is woman with all that is man. It is like trying to combine the feminine charms/beauty of Marilan Monroe with the raw masculine presence of Sean Connery. The hermaphodite, was one such symbol or intuitiive relief drawing. It is much more than what it appears on the surface (2-D) because it has extra depth to it that is buried under the ground, i.e., in an intuitive 3rd dimension.

Those who understand their thoughts, regardless of how complex, should generally be able to fit them on to a single index card. Once exemption is when mathematical proofs are involved.

This is sort of true. But there are so many types of people, that the sum covers a very wide range. A model would not be comprehensive if it could not include everybody. The range from 1-D to 1.5-D is the raw long term memory; the range from 1.5-D to 2-D is the cultural side of the person including subjectivity affects. The range from 2-D to 2.5-D is the rational side of the person. The range from 2.5-D to 3-D is the philosophical side of the person.

This is sort of true. But there are so many types of people, that the sum covers a very wide range. A model would not be comprehensive if it could not include everybody.

That's an ambitious goal, but models vary rarely include the absolute. Good models attempt this, and adjust as they move forward.

My point basically was that you had already written 4,065 words. 19,138 characters (not including the spaces), and people still had no idea what you were saying. :)

The range from 1-D to 1.5-D is the raw long term memory; the range from 1.5-D to 2-D is the cultural side of the person including subjectivity affects. The range from 2-D to 2.5-D is the rational side of the person. The range from 2.5-D to 3-D is the philosophical side of the person.

Perhaps the term dimension means something different to you than to me? I dunno. I like that you speak with your own voice, but I struggle when listening to it (trying to understand you) since I do not always know your language; your vocabulary, and it's meaning...

Sorry for the confusion. I have used this model for so long that I forget that others are just being introduced to it.

What I have done is create an analogy between the dimensions of space-time and the various types of human thoughts. All thoughts are not created equal with some requiring more complexity of affect to be expressed. I have tried to show how various types of thoughts can be correlated to various dimensions.

Let me give an analogy, colors are often equated to emotions. Red is like fire and may reflect a firery emotion. The actual emotion is not red. If one dissected the brain when someone is being firery the brain matter does not become red. It is just an analogy that allows one to make a simple correlation that can create differentiation with respect to emotions, i.e, green with envy, etc.

Instead of colors and emotions, this model is thoughts and geometry. Once you get the hang of it one can place the entire spectrum of human thoughts on a relative scale. This is very handy. The geometric analogy is something one can derive from scratch. If a thought is 1-D it is like a straight line. Such thoughts only have one meaning, i.e, straight-up. If we go more than 1-D, a second geometeric dimension appears. This will add a curve to a straight-up thought. The word dog is both a canine or a man obsessed with sex. It is no longer 1-D but has a curvature with respect to its meaning.

I will put the whole thing together with an example. If one was to appear on the TV game show Jeapardy, one would do their best if they remain between 1-D and 1.5-D since this the range of trivia. If one wins, they may move their thought dimension up to between 1.5-D and 2-D so they can enjoy the prestige of their new celebrity. After they get home, they may switch to reason so they can plan how to invest their winnings. The goal may be to retire early so they can contemplate the universe at thought dimensions above 2.5-D. I will try to make some diagrams so it is easier to see.

The ego is able to vary its set point throughout this entire range, i.e., 1-D to 3-D. The dimensional value of the ego set point will determine the types of memory processing or memories that will be available. For example, some students choke on exams even though they studied hard and know their stuff. What happens is their anxiety places the ego set point between 1.5-D and 2-D, within the range of the subjectivity of prestige, i.e, fear of losing face. If the exam is factual one really needs to be between 1-D and 1.5-D and if it is logical like engineering problems, one needs to be 2-D to 2.5-D. A simple shift in the ego set point would allow access to the memories needed for the exam. That assumes they studied and the memories are there to begin with. Relaxation exercises attempt to do just that, shift the ego set to the correct dimensional range by shutting off the subjective range from 1.5-D to 2-D.

I hope this helps.

I will back tract, as needed, but I am going to move forward, at this time to the range between 0-D and 1-D. If a 1-D memory is like a line, than a 0-D memory is a point. The range between would be finite lines of memory, thereby making a 1-D memory an infinite line. The 1-D memories, by being infinite lines, are analogous to our long term memories. Memories slightly below 1-D are short term memory.

For example, anyone who has studied for finals, will cram a lot into their head. After the final, most of this crammed memory is lost in a few days since it is usually stored as just short term memory. Some will remain indefinitely. In such a case, one is storing data below 1-D.

If 0-D memories are a point, this implies memories with almost no duration. This does not apply to the brain, per se, since its memories are not instantaneous. This is actually connected to the memory associated with nuclear vibrations. As we move from 0-D upwards, we enter chemical vibrations, then at 0.25-D we enter the range of biochemical transitions. If one thinks this low range of natural memories are not important, get zapped with radiation. It will affect atoms at the nuclear level causing the whole body and mind to get messed up. The integrity of these tiny vibrating memories lines are very important to our health. The laws of physics and chemistry usually have this range covered, but external pertubations can alter these shorts lines of memory.

The range from 0.25-0.5-D I have correlated to cellular type memory lines. From 0.5-D to 0.75-D is connected to multicellular memories lines, like glands and the limbic system that output biochemical pertubations to the brain for finitie durations of time, The range from 0.75-1-D is connected to emotional/instinctive potentials and short term memories.

Let me give a practical example of the upper end of this range using bi-polar disorder as an example. When one is on the depressed side, the time line of the brain tweaks the valves (simpleton analogy) to create a certain biochemical environment in the brain. When this time line runs out, a new time line begins that retweaks the valves, again changing the biochemical environment into manic chemicals.

Memory does not have to be a data point. It can also be tweak that begins at chain of nerual and biochemcial events that takes time to fully express itself. Treatment of bi-polar disorder with drugs, tweaks the valves, but it does not address the time-line of the underlying memory. The symptoms will go away, but this cyclic memory time line is still be playing in the background. This often become the goal of psychology. It attempts to help the ego to alter the time line as a complementary treatment to the drugs, with the drugs making the process easier. They allow the ego to shift ego set point to a range that can tweak the time-line.

I was sort of in a rush last night so I will try to clarify the range from 0-D to 1-D, by showing more practical examples. As was stated, 1-D is analogous to a line. As such, a 0-D thought is analogus to a point. As dimension gets higher than 0-D the point begins to stretch into little lines. As we reach 1-D the line becomes infinite. These 1-D or infinite lines of memory are our long term memories. Memories below 1-D are finite lines of memory, such as short term memory.

For example, if we look at computer hard drive memory, it is 1-D, in the sense the data storage is designed to last a long time. If we were to place the hardrive in a slight magnetic or electric field, the little silicone switches would become more excited and some may begin to flip flop, alterring the harddrive memory. The results is that certain memories or data would be lost or no loonger be 1-D. The living nature of brain tissue and synapses, makes them plastic memory, with short term memory in a type of flux, with their time-lines, only lasting so long. The range from 0-D to 1-D is indicative of memory time lines, lasting various amounts of time before they change. The 1-D memory has the longest time line, lasting essentially, indefinately. These are our long term memories.

The range from 0-D and 1-D is not just hard data in the normal sense, but is more like soft data that forms but undergoes change. This can trigger a cascade of events, with the cascade taking a certain amount of time to reach a type of steady state. For example, each night one sleeps. The brain creates an 8 hour time-line of fluid memory. After the 8 hours, the time line expires.

Anyone who had witnessed the enigma that is woman, will notice how various emotional time lines often correlate to the menstral cycle. The cyclic alterring of their bio-chemistry, begins a cascade of events, that not only have an impact on the body, but also on the neurochemical environment of the brain. The changes alters behavior around time-lines to coordinate to the stage of the cycle. Science usually works within the chemical cascade created by these finite lines of memory. Sometimes, the time-line is too long or too short causing irragularities that can be damped out with drug treatment.

There are pacer cells in near the brain stem that play a role in defining the duration of time-lines, allows consistency. For example, a human pregnacy lasts 9 months. Conception creates a chemical feedback that will induce a 9 month time-line. Birth also creates feedback that shuts of the body aspect of the time-line. There are many time-lines going on, some affect nesting bhavior, cravings, etc. In some cases, some of these time-lines continue to play resulting in things like depression after birth.

When I looked at time-lines near 0-D, its instantaneous geometrical analogy suggested finite lines of memory that last an instant. This did not correlate to normal human experince and was therefore better correlated to physics than biochemistry. The nucleus of an atom is not normally viewed as memory, but if one looks at it a certain way...

For example, harddrive memory, places electrons in defined position within the semi-conductor. If the electron flip flopped between its on-off position, this bit of memory would come on and off, cyclically, only lasting a short time before it would switch off. The on period would be something close to 0-D since it would only be on so an short time. With respect to physics, the nucleus is not static but is rotating, vibrating, etc., such that a very specific state (finite line of memory) is very short lived, almost not appearing to last more than an instant. It is suble but makes the model more complete.

As we reach the cell and the living state the time-lines get longer, such as the conformational changes of an enzyme during catalytic reactions. I arbitrarily called 0-D nuclear time lines, but being infinitessimal this may be better expressed by the instantaneous nature of the big bang, with contemporary physics greater than 0-D.

I also called 0.25-D the beginning of chemical memory, associated with the slower changes within chemistry. From 0.5-D to 0.75-D I called this the time lines associated with life and biochemical changes that involve large molecular configurations like DNA, where memory changes are slower, still. For example, a cell reacting to an environmental pertubation will take some time to react to the pertubation because of the cascade of events that need to occur before steady state is reached.

The range from 0.75-D to 1-D is connected to cellular groupings, such as organs, that coordinate biochemical events of long enough duration to become conscious to the ego. For example, in a fight flight situation, the body may produce a time-line for andrenline that may last only minutes. This would place such a time line close to 0.75-D, i.e., instinctive fear/fight. The time line of sleep is 8 hours and is close to 1-D. If sleep became 1-D one would become someone like Rip Van Winkel.

Again this is subtle, but gives one a biochemical angle that will make it easier to understand the personality software, which exists in the upper range of the model beyond 3-D. Using the example of the fight flight, the finite line of memory below 1-D, alters the chemical environment of the body and brain for a certain time line. This change will help narrow the focus of working memory, to the needs of survival. One does not think about computers if their life is threatened. One is in real time trying to get out of the situation. The biochems also activates personality software at higher than 3-D, that will help spatially coordinate sensory feedback, trying to optimize fight or flight. This is easier to see in animals.

The biochemistry below 1-D, adds a time element to the spatial memory that gives it a fourth dimension. When the time-line is done, the software gradually shuts off. The gradual shut-off occurs because it will take some time for the body to clean out the chemicals after the time line ends. This can make the animal nervous for some time after escaping, until it finally is able to rest. Thirst software (3+)-D may become actitivated. The animal will walk to the stream to get a drink, with being full of water, shutting of the timeline and personality software. Now a rest time-line may become active causing the animal to take a nap.

The range from 0-D to 1-D are finite lines of memory with the lower end very short and the upper end very long, i.e., time lines. Connected to these times lines below 1-D is the thought dimensional range above 3-D. If 3-D is a spatial type memory, than thought dimensions above 3-D would be spatial memories with another dimension, i.e., time line. This is the range of the personality software.

At (3+)-D the time line would be very short, while at 4-D it would last an eternity. In the middle at 3.5-D, this was correlated to the human life expectancy. In other words, the human genetics integrates all the cells of the body for a certain amount of time, i.e, lifetime at 3.5-D. Beyond 3.5-D are timelines that outlive the individual. For example, Einsteins relativity equations are powerful correlations that continue to exist even beyond the life of Einstein. The personality software asscoiated with that creative process, would stem from above 3.5-D, according to the model.

Many religions anticipate life after death. What this projects are the time-lines existing beyond the 3.5-D. At 4-D we have an infinite time line which is traditionally expressed by the concept of God. In other words, the concept of God sets into motion an eternal time-line, that is handed down from generation to generation.

By personality software, I mean plastic 3-D memories, which when given a time-line, extrapolate, moving toward a future state. The flux from point A to point B, can involve sensory input putting constraints on the forward progress, but being 3-D, it remains highly integrated during progression.

Let me give an example. Picture a deer that is eating shrubs. A pack of wolves have tracked him and are getting organized for an assault. They may begin to spread out to out flank the deer. Through some sensory input the deer becomes conscious of the threat. This will induce a biochemical time-line that will put its body into turbo mode. Along with this turbo mode is a parallel neuro-chemical environment that will apear in the brain that will trigger survival software. This is very plastic software that can be quickly adapt, with short term memory, to the topography and obstacles in the environment. It does not require memorizing terrain but can adapt as needed. What essentially is happening is that the software is extrapolating and integrating escape, while sensory input is altering the software to the realtime needs of the environment. The deer may make a sudden quick cut, setting a pick into a tree, slowing one enemy. It may then leap over a bush for escape. After escape, the software deactives as the body clears the time-line residues associated with fight/flight.

In humans, there are all types of personality software. One of the main differences between humans and animals is instinctive output tries to create an optiminzed cause and affect relationship. The latter is indictive of conscious/sensory input-output near 2-D memory. With humans, the input/output can vary from 1-D to 3-D. Human's have a range of software, which can input/output at all these dimensions. For example, the charming person who can charm on the fly utilizes software that will output between 1.5-D to 2-D. This can be wired right into the mouth allowing them to spontaneusly verbally adapt to the socal environment. Often they may surprise themselves with the output and use this as part of staged charm at a later date.

If we add the whole model together, the memories below 1-D, will set a time-line. This can alter the neuro-chemical environment. This will do two things. It can active personality software connected to this potential. It will also narrow down the range of memory that is of most utiliity for the software. This narrowed grid become the input-output stage in which the software will become active.

Let me give an example, i..e, bi-polar disorder. When the depression time-line is expressed, the conscious memory grid narrows down to all those things that support the depression. One can only think about the doom and gloom of their life. It is hard to think the good things because those memories don't carry the same weight, since they are not part of the active depression memory grid. The software can also become active and will use this gloomy memory environment, along with input reinforced by the ego, to extrapolate a result. This can be so compelling, some people want to end it all.

When the time-line ends and body clears the chems, a new time-line will begin that creates the chemical environment of manic. This too will narrow the memory, often in the subjective range from 1.5-D to 2-D, with inflated optimism or inflated self worth. The software that becomes active will use this different memory environment and will spatially extrapolate, with the ego providing input, to reach a new result. During the process the ego may be driven with compulsive interactive dynamics by the software. When that time line ends, and the body clear those chems, the cycle will often repeat.

Although bi-polar is not a fun state of mind, it does offer science the possibility of isolating time-lines and the personality software, since the contrast is strong enough for some suble differences to be seen.

I made up a little diagram to summarize some of what I have presented. It is probably easier to see it, than visualize it with mental gymnastics.

The image is broken down into three colors sections. The left green are the time-lines. The middle blue section is the thought dimensional range of human memory. While the right yellow section are the time projections of spatial memory that I called personality software.

The whole purpose of this model was to create a practical tool for helping to organize and simplfy the complexity of the human mind. It has a wide range of practical applications. The large red arrows on the top of the diagram outline the three aspects of personality software induction. I show them starting with a emotional/instinctive potential or time-line. This is tuned to a particular thought dimension range, with the personality software activated by the potential and working in the thought range.

Below this I showed the ego. It is able to vary thought dimension and can therefore overlap the software output between 1-D and 3-D and become one with the unconscious dynamics. Or it can alter its thought dimension to create a different potential based time-line, which can shut-off or even change the software which is active. As pictured, the ego goes to reason and shuts off a subjective software affect focused at less than 2-D.

I am going to give a multi-part exampe to show how the model helps one easily glide through semi-advanced applications. Picture you are walking down the street and haven't eaten all day. The body may begin to induce a hunger potential with a time-line. This brain potential may make the stomach grumble and body begin to feel weak, to get your attention. TIt will also cause the memory grid to become focused around the dimension of possible food items. It may even kick in some food gathering software. With humans the dynamics may be expressed by going to your favorite pizza parlor to gather food there.

Along the way you see an old girlfriend, with whom you had been wildly intimate with, a year ago. Being near her begins to trigger the desire you once had. At this point, a different brain potential is activated. The memories may now go from food to sexual imagery. It may even kick in software for mating rituals, causing you to become the flirt. But after a few minutes, your stomach begins to growl loud, with the hunger potential pushing harder for your attention. This change your focus again. You may tell her to accompany you for dinner to satisfy the primary need first.

After eating and feeling full, the feedback system of the body, shuts off the hunger potential, allowing you once again to feel desire because of her. The mind may begin to focus in the gutter of thoughts and you may begin making your moves, via dating software. Before you can get going full steam, she tells you her great news. She is engaged to a nice guy who she loves very much. Because you have ethics, which do not allow you to go after engaged or married women, you consciously shift the ego set point to reason to help change the brain potential away from desire. It takes a little work, but you settle on memories of being friends. This creates a more light and fun potential that activates friendship memories and even kicks in some software for that comical witt you once shared.

After you finish and depart, you begin to feel regrets about what you had lost. Such feelings are OK, because it is an unconscious way to create closure on an important part of one's life that was left open ended. The mood is suppose to be temporary, as these 3-D memories extrapolates, with the help of the ego, into a type of steady state. While you are in your reflection of the past, walking home, you cross path with a bunch of buddies, who are all stoked up to watch the football game at the sports bar. You want to be alone, but they push and prod until you are of the same mind potential. This shifts your memory dimension, making you realize you really wanted to see that game. It may even kick in software, so you can get agressive. This allows you to yell at the TV, argue stats with strangers and have fun.

The game is a little boring, so you shift back into reflection mode, with the mind dimension recentered around those memories and feelings of the past. This begins to make you feel depressed. But it is sort of compelling so you go along with the inner drama. Most people don't mind heavy drama, every now and then. This is making you feel things that you haven't felt for a while, so you let it play out. It may bring you down for a little while, but after the time-line is complete, you wake up, good to go.

What sometimes happens is after such a summary time-line expires, the ego had sort of fun in its dramatic review, that it may decide to linger there longer. The problem with this is closure may have already occurred. Focusing on the precursors of closure can cause the 3-D memory to go backwards. This will be resisted by the brain, inducing another time-line for reclosure. But if the ego is happy where it is and not trying to close, a loop can be set up, leading to neurosis or depression. Drugs will alter the brain potential, so the ego changes its dimensional focus, allowing the natural healing process to move forward. Therapy will consciously alter the dimensional focus of the ego to reason, so it can consciously help change the brain potential so the natural healing process can proceed, i..e, 3-D memory back to rationally assisted closure.

The reason the schema works as it does is connected to the creation of memory. Memory is created near the limbic system of the brain. This configuration not only makes memory but also assigns emotional potential to that memory. So when a certain brain potential occurs, those memories with similar potential assignment, i.e, hunger, become more conscious. The software will use this grid because it is a 3-D arrangement of the same memories, and will interact with lower dimensional versions to help piece together what it needs for extrapolation. The ego is induced to focus where the software is and plays a role in the feedback going back to the software as it extrapolates. This molds the software to the ego, to where it is assumed to be part of the ego.