Science Forums

Vampires: Fact or Fiction

Are there truly such things as vampires?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are there truly such things as vampires?

• yes
    • no

If the blood finds a way to get into your blood on the way to the stomach, aids is on your ajenda.

However I know that blood coagulates very quickly on the stomach. As I understand it no virus or bacteria can survive in your stomach acid bath in their naked state.

There is however bacter like "H Pilori" that is able to coat itself in its own fecis like slime and survive in your stomach. They make your stomach think it always has food in it, and because of this it produces tons of acid. And you end up with acid reflux problems. It also drains you down because your body is in overdrive with the immune system and production of fluids/acids.

I know this because I've had it since i was 12 years old, however just recently I am discovering this issue. I forgot what life was like without blistering pain and fatigue.

here is a site:

http://www.med.unc.edu/wrkunits/orgs/stepaids/AIDSfactstext.html

arkain I believe you are correct, you cannot transmit aids through the drinking of ones blood, unless, as you said, it was to somehow get into ones bloodstream. I completely overlooked the effect that stomach acids would have on the virus.

most viruses and bacteria cannot survive in the stomach.

Sorry,

But that is a factoid. It is not true.

If bacteria can live in the sulphorous vents of volcanos a mile deep in the ocean they can live in our stomach.

For example the bacteria that causes stomach ulcers (heliobacter-something).

I don't know if virusus survive in the stomach but they can survive in environments a lot less congenial than our stomachs

I said in their naked state.

I meant by this, that without any kind of coating that protects them from the acids.

the Heliobacter Pilori (H-Pilori) is the one I mentioned earlier. It has a layer that it secreates around itself to survive in the foodway, including the main stomach area.

I said in their naked state.

I meant by this, that without any kind of coating that protects them from the acids.

the Heliobacter Pilori (H-Pilori) is the one I mentioned earlier. It has a layer that it secreates around itself to survive in the foodway, including the main stomach area.

:cup:

Praise to you arkain!

I meant to say something like that!

(I really got to work on how I say things!)

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry,

But that is a factoid. It is not true.

If bacteria can live in the sulphorous vents of volcanos a mile deep in the ocean they can live in our stomach.

For example the bacteria that causes stomach ulcers (heliobacter-something).

I don't know if virusus survive in the stomach but they can survive in environments a lot less congenial than our stomachs

Fred Hoyle and V K Wickramsingh (Astronomers please correct the spelling or even name of this theory co-presenter as Hoyles name was quite common in the sixties but his Indian colleague only appeared in connection with this particular idea in the UK: Fred like his prehistoric counterpart (flintstone) was always on the Television). Anyway their theory was that Virus's were brought here from space, possibly via comets, so that sudden outbreaks like the Flu virus that devastated the worlds population after the first world war, arrived here that way and were vacuum packed! If this is true it would mean they are very hardy and would explain why scientists used to find it hard to classify them as living organisms (chemical warfare rather than biological weapons, in natures armoury.

As for vampires existing there is the case of the Croglin Hall vampire (shot corpse found in graveyard, after an attack and chase). Apart from that I know of no other seemingly authentic attacks but I could well be wrong.

Do I personally believe in vampires? I'm open to proof but only see human wannabes at the moment, in the shape of Goths: Do supernatural beings exist that need human blood? Don't know. Are there human beings pretending they do? Certainly.

I think there may be something to it in the form of Incubi/Succubi legends but it isn't blood they are after, just your very life source: Human equivalents drain you at parties or used to.

Given all this I'm a maybe or don't know, so can't vote.