Science Forums

Is Marijuana a dangerous drug?

y063banana71

but i'm sure there would be better pain relief drugs that dont hold such a powerful stigma

So what is the point?

Pain relievers are hated because of their damage effects? How is that supposed to be bad?

Pain relievers, by their basics are nerve blockers. They can't be less harmful and effective simultaneously.

So the only pro for marijuana is the fact that it stimulates the cannabinoid receptors? I just think its odd that another substance cannot be synthesised. That would get rid of alot of scrutiny in society...

and on that note, this would make marijuana a bad drug... but a dangerous drug?

Marijuana has creative purposes as well.

And as for your health. It definately does some damage to your lungs and heart.... but nowhere near as bad as cigarettes. Don't let the media getcha with that whole "marijuana has 4 times as much tar as tobacco" stuff. It's true information... but very misleading. When you smoke a cigarette, tar is the least of your worries.

I mean, smoking weed isn't good for your body, which is why it should be used semi-sparingly. But it's good for the mind and soul.

Many a revelation I've had while under the influence of THC. =]

So the only pro for marijuana is the fact that it stimulates the cannabinoid receptors? I just think its odd that another substance cannot be synthesised.
Pot is a zoo of cannabinoid agents, and the current synthesized THC is only one out of hundreds. According to a recent article in The Economist, because of this it doesn't work as well, and the users *complain* that it makes them high! :phones:
It definately does some damage to your lungs and heart....
Eat brownies, man...

Is this really the best use of your tax dollars?

Big Bambu,

Buffy

I wouldn't call it a "dangerous" drug. I think it can have its bad health effects on the body and nervous system. I don't think that it is a "gateway drug" (you can't blame drug use on a drug). I think that it is sad, though. I think that some people can throw away their lives by smoking pot. It's not as bad as other drugs, but I just think that people aren't reaching their full potential when they do drugs (I'm not perfect either, but its still sad). But I think that it is the persons right to choose to smoke pot or not. I don't think it's so dangerous that it should be illegal. Alcohol is Dangerous.