Science Forums

Not a very good sign already!!

Moved to strange claims (this has nothing to do with Earth science).

cyclone, this is your second warning. This is a science forum. If you keep posting stuff like this we will close your account.

I don't understand what the big deal is posting news stories? Comets are a big part of science.

We live or we die. We struggle or we prosper. And in all endevours we deal with the variable that we have control over. Something can fall out of the sky and knock me on the head at any time of the day or night. It is a risk of existing. A hardhat won't work, and I like sunlight too much to live underground or undersea. So my choice is to accept the risk and get on with my life.

Bill

I don't understand what the big deal is posting news stories? Comets are a big part of science.
But this was in response to:
Could be a precurser of what is to come in the next few weeks.
Your claims of "just posting news" are border on the patronizing, that's why you risk being banned.

Have you considered the fact that raising alarm when you clearly have not done any of the proper research is highly irresponsible? Its not really all that far from yelling fire in a theater. Luckily the rest of us are around to warn people off.

If you really think your claim is true, you might try addressing the problems we've pointed out in your logic and math, and the fact that you haven't has just reinforced the view that you're either trolling or are in need of scolding for spreading ignorance.

Pleh,

Buffy

Yes, but not scare stories which are based on your interpretation of things we cannot possible infer from what you post. The reason we have rules for this is because we want to be able to consider how what you are posting is relevant.

Which means, basically, that you need to *explain* why you post it, and why you think something is going to happen, and what. And you need to back this up with something else than news items which have nothing to do with the issue.

If you want to post topics about comets, fine. Do it in the astronomy forum, but don't just post links with one-liner comments. Explain things to us.

And avoid hoax theories unless you can explain why they are right/wrong. It's a prime cause for banning - because we are tired of reading unfounded posts about things that may or may not happen based on undocumented hearsay.