Science Forums

Do substances that enter our body affect our thoughts?

hallenrm

How about our thoughts affecting the substances in our body? ... like say water :star:

I can't really comment about thoughts affecting water inside our body, but thoughts do affect the digestion of food by our body!

Have you ever experienced indigestion, only because you were mentally disturbed?:phones:

It is somewhat like the equilibrium between the products and reactants of a chemical reaction:

Thoughts + substances <=> substances = thoughts;

thoughts are like catalysts.:)

Well, I think that foods and other things do affect our thought patterns.

There are many ways of this happening:-

1-Biochemical

Anybody heard about 4D syndrome? Yeah pellegra. That's coz of lack of food and shows clear signs of behaviour change, so I guess even thoughts change

2-Psychological

Seen fear factor? Dip a dirty stinky dung beetle into the bathroom-pot to clean it and de-smell it in front of a spectator, then put the beetle in vanilla ice cream. And... uh... and force that spectator to eat it:esick: .

Ten points to guess the change in his thoughts

Fineprint PS:Perhaps this has been discussed earlier in this post, but I can't bring myself to wait for another 5 minutes waiting for the page to load. YES, I am not using broadband.

• 2 months later...
What about molecules to which are olfactory senses are very sensitive?

I think aromatherapy can be used to enhance well being within the home, car, and office! :lol:

here is a brief article, for those who do the rush hour commute:

Natural Health, Sept 2005 v35 i8 p20(1)

Stop & smell the traffic. (vital health)

IF YOUR MORNING COMMUTE has you nodding off at the wheel, snap to it with simple aromatherapy. Filling your car with the rejuvenating scents of peppermint and cinnamon can lessen fatigue, according to a recent study from Wheeling Jesuit University in West Virginia. "Peppermint stimulates the area of the brain responsible for alertness," says lead researcher Bryan Raudenbush, Ph.D. "And cinnamon increases blood flow to the muscles and brain; with increased blood flow comes increased arousal and attention."

Aromatherapist Kal Kotecha suggests four additional scents to rev up your drive time. Just add a few drops of each essential oil to an in-auto diffuser like AromaLand's Aromatherapy Car Scenter ($14.50; aromaland.com), which plugs into your car's cigarette lighter.

DRIVE-TIME TROUBLE SCENT SOLUTION

Lack of focus, spaciness Rosemary

Anxiety, fear Orange

Motion sickness Rose

Stress, road rage Jasmine