Science Forums

Google Launches "google Mars"

jkellmd

S' cool

Could use more of your initial opinion however.

My implicit opinion is that it's extremely cool. The utility of the program and it's functionality is still to be determined. I am sure that more sets of eyes surveying the surface features of Mars will prove fruitful in the short term future.

The kind of research and bookmarking made possible with google earth is pretty mindblowing, if you are interested in exploring the functionality deeper than making fly-overs. I don't personally have time to create brewpub maps of the entire U.S. - but I certainly appreciate those who do.

I don't personally have time to create brewpub maps of the entire U.S. - but I certainly appreciate those who do.

Thats a backhanded compliment well received! :eek:

I feel sorry for those who are not independantly wealthy with nothing but time . :hihi:

Check out those links folks!

mars.google.com

Pretty cool.

I’m reserving “very cool” for an extension of google earth that, rather than just allowing you to rotate and zoom in on the pretty globe of the Earth, allows you to zoom out and pan to the pretty globes of the moon, mars, and any other astronomical body anyone cares to hazard a guess at rendering.

Call it “google universe” :hihi: