Science Forums

The Dell conspiracy, lol

Binary_Branflakes

have you guys noticed that in most movies made in the last 4 or 5 years (especially '05 & '06)...(and alot of TV dramas/sitcoms) Dell seems to pop up everywhere?? It seems like it's everywhere i look, there is Dell getting a free commercial on a movie! (not that I'm opposed to it, because i just purchased a new Dell, lol) just an observation. :confused:

I guarantee you its paid. Producers don't miss any chances these days to reduce their investors' exposure up front. It may come in handy when they call the post production folks and scream, "You have to save the picture! But we don't have any budget left, so don't spend any money!"

Interesting side note on the Olympics: you may have noticed a few of those flat screen monitors with the logo *covered up*. This even happened with certain logos on some kinds of uniforms/equipment (although ski and snowboard manufacturers got a free ride from their atheletes who popped off those skis and flashed em to the cameras better than Jeff Gordon sipping a Pepsi). The IOC did not want anyone getting any "commercial time"...

Don't look back,

Buffy

I never used to like dells, but the inspiriojn 500m i got for a laptop a while ago has impressed me. Iit has impressed me with what it can do, and it has impresed me whith how much $#!7 it can take; I've had power tools that broke under less strain! I'm shute thinkpad stil beats dell hands down, but dell is pritty damn tough. It's probably also bang-for-your-buck in the movies & tv: the dell's pritty cheap and it looks good for what you pay for.

Macs everywhere in "Hackers"

Say what? You mean with the unreleased Macs with clever 3D interface? Oh wait that was "Unix."

My favorite part of that whole movie is where Fisher Stevens is banging randomly on the keyboard, and he screams "He's in the kernel!" and everyone goes "In teh kernel? Oh noes!"

And the next shot is the character next to this big digital skyscraper. All it needed was a neon sign flickering next to it that said "Kernel" or maybe "Call Stack" Bzzt..bzzt... pop!

:confused:

Is the "bullshot interface" feature now available on Dells as well? Why is it that in when ever anybody uses a computer in the movies it has some kind interface from the seventh circle of usability hell?

TFS

[don't know what a bullshot is? shamelessly stolen from tycho and gabe]

Say what? You mean with the unreleased Macs with clever 3D interface? Oh wait that was "Unix."

My favorite part of that whole movie is where Fisher Stevens is banging randomly on the keyboard, and he screams "He's in the kernel!" and everyone goes "In teh kernel? Oh noes!"

And the next shot is the character next to this big digital skyscraper. All it needed was a neon sign flickering next to it that said "Kernel" or maybe "Call Stack" Bzzt..bzzt... pop!

:lol:

Is the "bullshot interface" feature now available on Dells as well? Why is it that in when ever anybody uses a computer in the movies it has some kind interface from the seventh circle of usability hell?

TFS

[don't know what a bullshot is? shamelessly stolen from tycho and gabe]

:naughty: :umno: I havn't been able to find those Macs with those cool 3D interfaces! :umno: :hihi:

Yeah, that part of the movie always made me roll my eyes..."HE'S IN THE KERNEL...KERNEL WHO?" HAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! And that keyboard he was typing on...so 22nd century to be in a movie made in 1995. lol And way too dang big for it's own good. haha but, i guess it had to match the theater screen they were using for the monitor! hahaha