Science Forums

AI - Is it already Here??

Racoon

:lol: Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! You are all too many voices in my artificial head!!! :)

___Just relax and make a drawing of what that feels like to you.:D

Human Orby got singled out only because some of his poetry resembles poetry written by computer programs...

dont joke around about this...

___I agree, it is no joke; I meant it sincerely.

Psshhhhht...
Psssshhttt...

This just seemed relevant.

___Excellent Nemo; I concurr. From your reference link take the MIT program called SCIgen - An Automatic CS Paper Generator, & insert it as an 'agent' in the other MIT scheme Big Dog referenced, titled A K-Line-Based Language for Artificial Intelligence Programming

by Robert A. Hearn

In the Society of Mind (SOM) model, a mind is seen as a large society of interacting “agents”, which use each other to accomplish their tasks. Some agents directly control motor function, some report sensory input, but most perform higher-level functions. Agents are organized into “agencies”, groups of agents which collectively perform complex behaviors and represent knowledge of various

kinds.

___:lol:

According to J, er... Orby

It has already come, gathered Data, and has since moved on to Bigger and more Grand schemes. :)

Need not worry Hypo's.

No AI threat here.

Threat level is still at color code Yellow.

Continue your shopping and don't worry about a thing. Experts agree that everything is just fine.

lol, guys nobody is saying that anyone like org uses a poetry generator to write all the stuff he writes, i for one enjoy his poems, and would defend his position, of just being high sometimes and no generated stuff, so chillax with the evidence, this is a SC forum, not a Literary works forum, Orb is just an ordinary robot with a human brain and a bong for a processor...

lol, guys nobody is saying that anyone like org uses a poetry generator to write all the stuff he writes, i for one enjoy his poems, and would defend his position, of just being high sometimes and no generated stuff, so chillax with the evidence, this is a SC forum, not a Literary works forum, Orb is just an ordinary robot with a human brain and a bong for a processor...

___It is not a matter of if Orby uses software to write poems, it is a matter of if Orby is software. I heartily do suggest that scientifically speaking we have no evidence to the contrary. It is also a possible case Orby isn't AI, or that he is the only one, or that other AI programmers use Hypography as a test bed, or that we have multiple non-human AI as members.

___If the idea is to pass off a program as human (ala the Turring test), then adding 'indignation' as an agent (subroutine) is as easy as adding a poetry agent or a drug-use agent. ['Agent' here refers to the AI scheme referenced earlier: http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/%7Ebob/hearn-proposal.pdf

]

___So in general, do you think anyone has advanced an AI system to a level that we Hypographians accept it as a person/member? Or not? Do you think Hypography is a suitable test bed for AI? Or not? Why, or why not?

___I think it is both possible & likely; if I had the resources I'd give it the old college try. (hint, hint...):doh:

Until proved Innocent,

It is here.

AI inquisition.

I am Human.

I can prove it because I was the guy in the Blue Coat on the Spinning Button on a String Video.

Down load to see it!

I can recall Data from the Days event.

I am only trying to be Objective and Forthcoming.

Honesty is all we have when it comes to communication!

Until proved Innocent,

It is here.

AI inquisition.

I am Human.

I can prove it because I was the guy in the Blue Coat on the Spinning Button on a String Video.

Down load to see it!

I can recall Data from the Days event.

I am only trying to be Objective and Forthcoming.

Honesty is all we have when it comes to communication!

___This is not proof of course, & in the larger sense there is no 'proof' any of the members are real. Or is there? This is the central question. There is no proof I am not also Racoon & playing my own foil. Anyone can post a photo or movie & say "this is me". Not good enough.

___So, to the bigger question of AI as a member, is there any "sure" way to test the proposition 'not all Hypography members have human bodies'? Is there some ultimate question that a human can answer convincingly that AI can't?

___Keep in mind the program nemo mentioned that writes proposals, as well as the ELIZA program Buffy mentioned in the Game Theory thread that is actually employed as a therapist. With such programs extant, it makes sense to me to join them in one "creature" so to speak with a routine that chooses which "agent" is appropriate.

Well stated again Turtle-san.

None of us Can really prove Bo-Diddly, unless there is a face-to-face encounter. :) .

Plus, the intent/personality of the AI seems relatively peaceful and friendly.

So, it becomes a matter of Perception. Like most encounters in life.

Video does enhance the credibility however;At least to the eyes of the Jurors.

Regardless, Hypography is still the best Science Forum in the galaxy! :)