Science Forums

AI - Is it already Here??

Racoon

I can't say with a District Attorney's certainty yet!,.... that Orby is NOT AI. :cool:

from his posts:

We know that he's tall, young, and handsome.

Very Intelligent.

Has a knack for Quatrains and posting immediately at the Right time.

Has been known to Inhale. :hyper: :hyper:

Is a Moderator and an Artist.

Still searching for more compelling info!

Its out there somewhere.... :lol: :hyper:

have you ever considered the possibility that the world as we know it today may be an environment inside a very advanced AI program written by someone in a real world?

well, k, back from dreamland, now, what would AI be though? lets first answer some fundemental questions: do you think that AI is going to be a program or a piece of hardware or perhaps a mix between the two? how do you think we will recognize what AI is exactly, it is not quite as simple as a program that learns something or modifies itself based on what it sees, cuz then we already have loads of AI, Lisp is a language in which programs generate programs that generate programs and so forth, infact that is the language used for genetic programming...

lets go from there....

have you ever considered the possibility that the world as we know it today may be an environment inside a very advanced AI program written by someone in a real world?

___Welcome to my matrix Alexander.:D :cup:

well, k, back from dreamland, now, what would AI be though? lets first answer some fundemental questions: do you think that AI is going to be a program or a piece of hardware or perhaps a mix between the two? how do you think we will recognize what AI is exactly, it is not quite as simple as a program that learns something or modifies itself based on what it sees, cuz then we already have loads of AI, Lisp is a language in which programs generate programs that generate programs and so forth, infact that is the language used for genetic programming...

lets go from there....

___The link that Big Dog gave to the MIT doctoral thesis proposal discusses the hardware issue a bit, as well as the failings of LISP for certain AI schemes. The paper is dated 2003, so I do wonder how things have played out; the author intended to write a language specifically for AI & have it operate in a 2-dimensional world. Here's the link again; it's worth the read.

http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/%7Ebob/hearn-proposal.pdf

:lol:

___More of an issue here is whether or not any of the members are indeed computer programs, inasmuch as Hypography is non-physical communicative environment suitable to test AI programs. Human Orby got singled out only because some of his poetry resembles poetry written by computer programs, but, given the proposition that at least 1 regular member here is artificial, who might you suggest it is & why?

___:)

what would AI be though? lets first answer some fundemental questions: do you think that AI is going to be a program or a piece of hardware or perhaps a mix between the two? how do you think we will recognize what AI is exactly,

AI most undoubtedly exists by now. Whether in a secret Gov't lab or RIGHT HERE at Hypography!

It is probably Both, hardware and software.

I suppose the limitations for now would be the Hardware Potential.

(and yeah, Software design) I am no computer expert by any stretch of the imagination!

It might take a human mind to see what AI is.

I just have a sneaky suspicion that a form of AI has been posting among us.

I could be paranoid and misinformed too. But then again, my life experience has taught me to understand a few things.

Thats why the thread title contains ???

AI could advance untill we see a "Matrix" scenario! :lol: :)

Or AI could be a valuable tool for Corporations.

Why pay somebody to answer phones and customer inquiries when an AI program can talk to you like a human?? etc..

The potential is out of this world.

Like I said, What better place to test-run AI than Hypography??

Yes, I singled out Orby as a prime contender for being AI.

I have gone through his posts.

He could merely be an eccentric teenager with nothing better to do than poeticize his feelings online.

OR, he could be a program! :D

Call it a hunch like Matlock or Perry Mason might have. :cup:

Regardless, Hypography is a game, and no one is gonna' get hurt.

If I was to single out another AI it would be...?? (won't say yet, but you could backtrack my posts!)

Plus+.....Nah, better to be quiet about that for now. :lol: :)

Human Orby got singled out only because some of his poetry resembles poetry written by computer programs

dont joke around about this, i know a guy who wrote a script that generated Haiku and short poems, this guy wrote it because he was sick of writing poetry for his eanglish class, and wanted to prove that good poetry does not mean that you dont have to be creative to write good poetry, basically a script that operated on a database of specifically ordered words and short phrases, was every bit as random as regular poetry and some of his poems were pretty awesome, well, considering that a machine wrote them, i would never tell that both were written by any ordinary program, anyhow... (dude's now in jail, dunno why, but i dont have access to his script, even older version, but without the db its pretty useless...)

lol, have you seen that video that shows google development over the years and into the future? lol its worth while seeing, seriously, i think it is feasable that you can create an algorithm that will take in random news and generate per user articles that would be written on a level that that person can understand, different article for different people, dynamically, with the same news source.... put NY Times out of business real quick...

Yes Alexander.

The potential for Corporate Profits seem Enormous.

So enormous that I wouldn't be surprised by them taking their AI product into the internet realm and working out the bugs! :lol:

Which is why we are discussing this.

AI exists, because Computers and Programs are getting so Complex.

Its not Atari 2500 anymore.

Plus, the Profit motive makes AI an eventuality.

The question still remains if AI is here now?

Racoon, yeah i can, infact i have imagined it many times, almost too many times, and i still come to some conclusions, the population of the world is on the boom right now, so was the case in the 1300ds, yet we see it through history that something stops it at a critical moment and reduces it dramatically, 1300ds it was the black plaigue, later wars and so forth, all i am saying is that there is something that brings the population back to what the environment can sustain, as people would stay at home, because a computer overtook their place, a baby boom would occur that would stretch our fragile environment to a breaking point and one of these baby stoppers would occur and population of the world would be once again dramatically reduced. The world can not escape it, hence there are a few possible outcomes: The Day After Tomorrow (if we reach the climate breaking point before the machines get to us), Matrix (machines at war with people) or Terminator, or obviously total eniolation of the species by a superweapon.... yeah scary, and yet inevitable.....