Science Forums

AI - Is it already Here??

Racoon

I have to distrub this stream of conciouness, but I thought I would drop in a link to a paper on AI. It is doctoral dissertation on the subject that discusses making a virtual world filled with virtual beings (simplistic) that have intelligence and the ability to learn within their programming. MIT paper.

http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/%7Ebob/hearn-proposal.pdf

The author is one of the original programmers of ClarisWorks for the Mac back in the early 90's. He has an interesting website telling the story of that software and company.

Bill

17 [)035 //4]<3 7)-(1/V65 1/V73/23571/V6

Could AI Read this? Yet I dunno.

Some foreigners can't. heh. :hyper:

To tell you the truth, I'm more interested in A.I. who can do their own self-assembly. To tell you the truth though, A.I. is a ridiculous idea.

Think about it..

How long does it take us to learn something? Yeah, it takes a while. We still have to read a freakin' book. Think of A.I. as an idiot savant. Able to retain it all and pull out a command when necessary.

However, it if could retain all the information and do something with it, we'd be set.

Some foreigners can't. heh. :hyper:

To tell you the truth, I'm more interested in A.I. who can do their own self-assembly. To tell you the truth though, A.I. is a ridiculous idea.

Think about it..

How long does it take us to learn something? Yeah, it takes a while. We still have to read a freakin' book. Think of A.I. as an idiot savant. Able to retain it all and pull out a command when necessary.

However, it if could retain all the information and do something with it, we'd be set.

You couldn't be more right Biohazard! :hyper:

idiot savant? who has one of those??

___The proposition before us by Racoon san is that our member friend orbsycli san is in fact an artificial intelligence. We must do diligence and submit the data for the Turring test. The question then is, based solely on 'knowing' Orby [as I affectionately call him] from his posting here at Hypography, is there found any example(s) contradicting the 'truth' that Orby is actually a human being in Cally?

___All that is to say, if Orby is artificial, how do we prove it? I am currently playing the game 'assume Orby is artifical', & considering the ramifications of the assumption.:hyper: :hyper: :cool: :hyper: