Science Forums

Windows messenger spam

GAHD

Windows messenger is the "default" messenger that comes with Windows. Actually it is "Microsoft Messenger" (windows messenger is a system service that transfers messages within a local network).

It is often confused with the new and improved "MSN Messenger", a bloat-ad-mal-ware from Microsoft which is patched more often than my wife's quilts, something which SHOULD have happened to Microsoft Messenger as well but I guess they buried it to make more money from MSN messenger.

Get the message now? Choose GAIM!

you definitely did not follow that link, did you DCM.....? well, gaim supports aim protocol as well as aim, and you can do crazy things like have it automagically change your away messages and include parts from simple text files and what not, one feature that gaim does not support and aim does is relaying all kinds of information about your computer and your internet browsing to aol servers, also it does not support another feature of aim, that is if you send a crazy packet to the aim port, aim opens up a web browser window, that goes to a website specified by the packet.... i guess you can call GAIM and incomplete aim, but for those of us who care even a little bit about our security, AIM is not a way to go, period! (p.s. i've been trying to catch one of those packets, my friend says he's seen one, but forgot to save the scan contents and thus we are still hunting for it, but just imagine how annoying this can get once we do catch it...again....