Science Forums

Your country...

Boerseun

damm, silly British tourist!

What else do you think defines South Africa?

There's lotsa things. But my aim with this thread is to put forward the one single thing that clearly says "Your Country", whatever your country may be.

For instance, if I was an American, I could say "The Statue of Liberty", as the one defining symbol. A Frenchman might say "The Eiffel Tower" or something.

As far as I'm concerned, Table Mountain kinda does it for me, if I start describing the rest, I'd never get to the end, and I'll miss the point of the thread completely!

Hard to say one thing over here! Especially if monuments and buildings are allowed. How long a list are we allowed Boerseun?

A Frenchman might say "The Eiffel Tower"
I highly doubt that. A Frenchman could almost say "The Statue of Liberty". :surprise:

Q...I was sure you would say "pasta!". :surprise:
Once I was on the Strøget in Kjøbnhavn and there was a really brilliant guy that at one point aksed the crowd about how to say 'love' in various languages and then proceded to impersonate a man of each nationality saying the word in his language. The Englishman said 'love' rather coolly, the Frenchman said 'amour' very swoonily and the German said 'liebe' very tersely. After mentioning an Italian, brief pause as he gathered up stance and then.... shpagggghet-ti!!!!! :gift:

• 2 weeks later...