Science Forums

Administering a server through the eyes of a Linux/Unix admin

this is just part one, but its still awesome:

http://linuxgangster.org/modules.php?name=Content&file=viewarticle&id=19

aside from the fact that it is true, it is also a hilarious read for more computer saavy people, but its a long one at that.... enjoy anyways :rainbow:

and part 2 is supposed to deal with the technical part more then how stoopid windows admins are...

Haha!

But seriously folks, this is a religious war, and I don't care if you are Jewish--uh I mean a *nix true believer, you're not better than the Winblows admins if you insist on being just as prejudiced as they are.

I thought the funniest thing in this article was the very thing that exposed the author's weakness as an admin that was every bit as bad as that of his winblows cohorts: if he was at all politically savvy, when the boss asked "do we have virus protection for our linux servers?" he should have not even blinked and said "of course! we have chkrootkit and Tripwire!" "But the winblows admin said we didn't have any!" "Well that just shows you how little he knows about how to do his job. You should remember that when layoff/bonus time comes around." Methinks if he keeps trying to educate his bosses who as a rule don't want to be educated (they want to provide responses to the same questions to *their* bosses who understand even less!), he may educate himself out of a job or a promotion....

IT is all politics.... :rainbow:

chat | /dev/null

Buffy