Science Forums

What holds a Neutron?

Abstruce

well, the way I see it is this.... WHY do we assume that there is a limit to how small things can get.... what if WITHIN atoms themselves... there is a whole nother universe that is too small for our microscopes to pick up. And this tiny little universe... revolves around the nucleus at incredibly high speeds (matter that small might have a completely different time frame than our sized universe). I mean, who knows? I believe strongly that our universe is trapped within the atom of an even bigger universe.... what evidence do we have that supports the idea that there is a limit to size? I mean, our universe is seemingly endless in expanse... why can't that be the same going the other way around... universes that are wayyyy smaller than us.

As far as we can tell, every mass (planet, star, satelite, nuetrons etc etc) rotates around something bigger. what if we just live in this infinite expanse... not because of how large it is... but also because of how small it is? and we're all constantly revolving around something. every bit of matter... is just rotating around something bigger than it. weiiird stuff, huh?

As far as we can tell, every mass (planet, star, satelite, nuetrons etc etc) rotates around something bigger. what if we just live in this infinite expanse... not because of how large it is... but also because of how small it is? and we're all constantly revolving around something. every bit of matter... is just rotating around something bigger than it. weiiird stuff, huh?

So If I understand you correctly, There is no such thing as energy, there is only mass in motion. For in simple terms energy could be the result of the enertia of mass, light is considered to be energy and mass.

Well if E=Mc2 is the equation then I would summise E can not exist without M.

lets not forget that all measurements are man-made concepts.

Yes that is so true our concepts of measurement are not so scientifically based however they give us reference points.

What is not yet realized is time as we understand it is never static and yet it is considered to be static.

It has always fascinated me how much solar systems resemble that of the atom and how Galaxies resemble that of molecules and so on.

Yes I could envision different dimensions of planes of existence based on the atomic level of the dimension.

In other words our sun could be the nucleus of an atom with charged electrons in orbit i.e. the planets. We could be just a part of one atom on a gigantic scale.

It has always fascinated me how much solar systems resemble that of the atom

Actually, the electrons orbiting the nucleus are not what one could visualize as balls or point particles. A better discription would be similar to that of a clouded shell with no distinct boundaries or defined shapes.

In other words our sun could be the nucleus of an atom with charged electrons in orbit i.e. the planets. We could be just a part of one atom on a gigantic scale.
I don't think this is an accurate discription of reality.............Infy

Actually, the electrons orbiting the nucleus are not what one could visualize as balls or point particles. A better discription would be similar to that of a clouded shell with no distinct boundaries or defined shapes.

Yes you are correct about the electron cloud.

Just think a little harder about a possible resemblance.

When the star our sun formed along time ago prior to any planet formation was there not a cloud present around the nucleus of our solar system the sun?

And yes your argument will be, those clouds of gas do not resemble electrons.

I would only say things change a bit when quantum mechanics are observed in a larger dimension.

I don't think this is an accurate description of reality.............Infy

At this point you are correct. I will have to prove this hypothesis with experimentation..

Because a Neutron has no charge it would seem that only a gravitational force could be responsible for its adherence to the Atom. Therefore the strong nuclear force must be a gravitational wave force of some type.

There are lots of other things much smaller than neutrons that we have already discovered like quarks, leptons gluons, etc. Like you all have been saying, particles can be infinetly small and more will be discovered in time. The next question and neverending quesion will be what make that newly discovered particle attach to another

There are lots of other things much smaller than neutrons that we have already discovered like quarks, leptons gluons, etc. Like you all have been saying, particles can be infinetly small and more will be discovered in time. The next question and neverending quesion will be what make that newly discovered particle attach to another

Yes exactly.

I have heard of some experiments that have been able to alter states of matter into new elements as well as levitate objects that have no magnetic attraction. This wave energy must be close to Gravitational force.

all tron's have anti matter within its central core. when its energy runs out at millions of a second, the pressure of its empty atmosphere imlodes the empty cells and then explodes from its zero point recharging the tron. different energy cells depend on the other trons that it coexists with. but energy has to recharge itself from nothing. thats how trons balence themselves out. anti matter is a key player as it absorbs empty cells

all tron's have anti matter within its central core...
What have you been smoking, and where can we get some? :)

Seriously, what are you talking about? if it needs anything more than 2 sentances to give the basics, please do starta new thread.

...if we exisit inside another universe that we cant see, then it may not even be that big, it may just be bigger than us. lets not forget that all measurements are man-made concepts.

not only could it be "bigger then us" but the physical laws as we know them now could possibly cease to exist. or they could possibly be completely different. so because measurments are man made concepts, comparing it to certain degrees of sizes (e.x. "big"..."small") would not be very accurate because as ive already said, the physical laws as we know them could cease to exist or be completly different....mmm ok

A particle such as a "Neutron" is held together by the Universal equivelant of 'crazy glue'. Gluons, quarks, call them what you wish, but many an underground band of 'scientists' have long since known of the properties of 'Memory Adhesive'. Due to the nature of an atom, we have now become aware of how mysterious the humble building blocks really are. Electrons seem to be able to buzz around seemlessly at all places around an atom at once, but then go one step further and buzz around all the places that weren't known to be there in the first place. Atoms themselves seem to have the almost random capability to shift in and out of existence - almost like a thought. It has been thought that a thought has to be made up of some sort of memory, experience and 'feeling'. This is what leads some people to believe that an atom is constructed with Memories or at least some of the sub-atomic particles we know and love are bonded or held together by a form of Memory or Memories that creates a teeny tiny little amount of adhesive. These Memories have been thought of as the previous properties and states of which the 'body' or Atom has been through in its 'life'.

This is why some people speculate that an Atom may be the simplest form of a thought or the simplest form of life.