Science Forums

What holds a Neutron?

Abstruce

what holds the nuetron and protons together in the nucleus is whats called the Strong Force, one of the 4 forces of our universe (the other 3 are the weak force, gravity, and electromagnetism).

Question:

It seems that according to current theory the strong force and the weak force co-exist within the atom. Is it possible that sub atomic particles have different reactions to the strong force as their energy levels and spin change?

If we compare the macro world to the micro and say gravity is a force on matter, however different atomic configurations have different energy levels and different elements interact with gravity according to their energy levels.

So could it be, different particle energy levels, at the sub-atomic level, have different relations with the strong nuclear force, therefore eliminating the need for a weak force?

A particle such as a "Neutron" is held together by the Universal equivelant of 'crazy glue'. Gluons, quarks, .

This is scientific folklore resembling what God is to Christianity. It is a widely held belief that exists based in faith with little or no factual evidence.

call them what you wish, but many an underground band of 'scientists' have long since known of the properties of 'Memory Adhesive'. .

Please elaborate.

Electrons seem to be able to buzz around seemlessly at all places around an atom at once, but then go one step further and buzz around all the places that weren't known to be there in the first place. Atoms themselves seem to have the almost random capability to shift in and out of existence - almost like a thought. It has been thought that a thought has to be made up of some sort of memory, experience and 'feeling'. This is what leads some people to believe that an atom is constructed with Memories or at least some of the sub-atomic particles we know and love are bonded or held together by a form of Memory or Memories that creates a teeny tiny little amount of adhesive. These Memories have been thought of as the previous properties and states of which the 'body' or Atom has been through in its 'life'. .

It is my opinion that these observations have more to do with the observers ability to observe than with the actual existence of the atom.

If this were the case there would be no consistency, matter all around us would pop in and out of existence:eek:

This is why some people speculate that an Atom may be the simplest form of a thought or the simplest form of life.

The truth is we do not yet fully understand the atom.

I hypothesize that all matter is nothing short of energy in motion. The vortex is the shape of that motion and due to spin the strong nuclear force has somthing to do with possibly a centrifugal force.

I in vision what is observed as spheres of sub-atomic particles could be the result of energy vortex's attracted together by static charge as a result of motion. This sphere would then be a multitude of light vortices that are joined by opposite charges to compose a spherical structure of condensed light i.e. mater. As you can tell my hypothesis is very rudimentary at best. I just try to bring order out of chaos.