Science Forums

WTF is curfew?

inside the sun

it's mostly a law for childrens safety... because most, if not all people that are out after ten... are, for the most part, considered "drug addicts"... by the governments standards. The government sees drug addicts as dangerous people. And yes, some of them are... but I think the age limit on curfew is kinda ridiculous... although, it's alright to have curfew for like... 5 year olds.

your justifying the government. and giving reason to their laws, when they themselves don't even have any reasons, they acted irrationally when they made them and they are too stuborn, and conservative to change the laws they made. They won't admit they are wrong, admit that when they tried to make alcohol illegal it failed miserably so then they move on to drugs...But yeah, as for 5 year olds, parents should be watching them anyways the curfew doesn't need to be a law it should just be part of parenting

the government does have reasons for laws, and from what i can see they are relativley justifiable...that doesnt mean that i agree with them, but i mean, who cares? did it ever occur to you that maybe they "wont admit" when they are wrong simply because they dont think that they are wrong, and dont care if you think they are or not... its no conspiricy, just a stupid law.

what curfew should and shouldnt be is not up to us to decide, unfortunitely. for you to say that they are just to "stubborn" is downright silly. i doubt that anyone has so much has sent a letter to state legislature, which anyone can do, complaining about the law. now, i dont suggest this because they will ignore it, but hey, go for it if you want to.

then again, once you are a legal adult curfew is nothing, doesnt exist. then again, under the Patriot Act, being out after 10 pm might make you a terrorist, since i suppose that peaceful and legal protest does (see Greenpeace.)

aye i see what you mean, and it is a silly little rule, but nothing worth a big deal.

they acted irrationally when they made them and they are too stuborn, and conservative to change the laws they made. They won't admit they are wrong, admit that when they tried to make alcohol illegal it failed miserably so then they move on to drugs...But yeah, as for 5 year olds, parents should be watching them anyways the curfew doesn't need to be a law it should just be part of parenting

it seems our government is good at this.

recently i've been realising that they do the kind of things people do to eachother in pre-school and first grade, act completely stupidly, and stick to it as long as possible.

and yes, good parenting SHOULD be the solution, but many people just get lazy and pull an american.

your justifying the government. and giving reason to their laws, when they themselves don't even have any reasons, they acted irrationally when they made them and they are too stuborn, and conservative to change the laws they made. They won't admit they are wrong, admit that when they tried to make alcohol illegal it failed miserably so then they move on to drugs...But yeah, as for 5 year olds, parents should be watching them anyways the curfew doesn't need to be a law it should just be part of parenting

The government tries to look after kids who's parents don't give a ****. And their are plenty of them to go around.

I know I've made this point in other posts before... but, it stands true in any case:

The only reason anyone does anything is because they think it's right.

It's a good idea in America these days. Back in the day, somewhat stupid. Too much crime around these days. I just figure a person should be smart enough to not go around the wrong part of town.

People remember when things were happy, they didn't have to lock their doors, children played in the street.

Some things have changed in the past 15 years as I've seen. Not much is like that around where I live.

Of course an interesting epidemic currently in America is that more people are staying indoors.

I assume it's because of the Internet.

The government tries to look after kids who's parents don't give a ****. And their are plenty of them to go around.

I know I've made this point in other posts before... but, it stands true in any case:

sean, once again you say exactly what i was trying to say but in such a better and clearer way...kudos, buddy, kudos.

Well for the government, they limited the time i have to be out during the night. and i think thats what started mr. suns' topic, was me telling him i have a curfew from the government. hehe. well, i think the goverment is too lazy to look at my case and descide that i dont need a curfew of 10pm, which is insane. But without looking at my case, thats what they think is right. Me, being home at 10pm. :eek2:

exactly, you commited a..well..."crime", yeah? so that is the punishment. its not just a random punishment that they give jsut to give it, there is purpose, even if we dont agree-unless someone goes and tries to change it- its there.

they assume that you are a threat to those 5-year-olds. haha! if only they knew...i think the most harm andrew would do to a 5-year-old is to raise his hands and do some yeti-call and scare her/him away..haha.

very true you guys. Sometimes because you disagree with people you feel as though they are purposely f*cking your life over or something. (conspiracy theory) but of course like you said, they are doing it because they feel they are right. Is there anyway to convince them that what they think is right, is wrong. And sometimes its hard to believe people think they are doing the right thing...i almost believe they are a little f*cked in the head to think they are right. Or someone has severly f*cked them. Do you know what i mean, should i take out the cuss words and speak more appropiately. =I think some people have issues based on past expeirences with people or things, so therefore they think it is right what they are doing when they say Negative to those things or people. I.e. someone knows somone that acts crazy on marijuana, so lets make it illegal! (they think they are right, and they know all..one thing we must remember as human beings is that we will never know all, and we will always constantly be learning, or there are things to remember, we need to keep those minds open, because the second we close that door, no matter how smart you are, you just tabbed yourself ignorant, yeah, maybe its bliss, but i don't know, if thats what bliss is, then i guess mentally disabled people are Enlightened.:eek2: