Science Forums

Vitamin C

inside the sun

If your an extreme psyconaught looking to trip hard then I would suggest taking MAOI's or SSRI, but they have a comedown of thier own which last longer than mushrooms and are not as pleasant.

Zilali could you please ellaborate as to what these chemicals are?

i am very intrigued:phones:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically Depression is thought to be primarily linked to low levels of the neurotrasmitter seratonin which is relased in your brain. Most anti depressants work to raise these levels to aleviate your mood and MAOI and SSRIs are two examples.

MAOI are Monoamine Oxidase inhibitors which inhibit the enzyme (monoamine Oxidase) that break down the seratonin molecules in the synaptic cleft and SSRIs (selective seratonin reuptake inhibitors) stop the reabsorbtion of seratonin also rasing your seratonin levels.

The majority of drugs partialy work by altering the levels of neurotrasmitters such as dopamine and seratonin which are thought to be linked with mood.

Becasue much of the euphoic effects of mushrooms are casued by a release of seratonin in your brian, if the break down of the seratonin is inhibited you will basically trip alot harder and longer.

• 1 month later...
yum. this is all great info. thanks. and btw, i heard if you consume too much vitamin c you just pee it out. so no harm

I've heard this too. and I'm pretty sure it's true. I've tested this out, myself.

One night, I loaded up on about 2000% daily recomended vitamin C.

I didn't get sick.

Another night, I ate 3200% daily recomended vitamin c.

I didn't get sick.

Most vitamins will get you sick if you take in too much. but it's quite apparent that vitamin c is just something that our bodies has adapted so well to that.... it's nearly impossible to OD.

Dandelion is also rich in Potassium, which works with Sodium to regulate the body's water balance....

Look for it soon on my herbal thread! :)

Wow, good to know. I've been trying to educate myself on what plants are edible and which plants are not. Just in case... ya know?

I like to go hiking a lot... so, I figure someday I'll actually have to eat tree moss and dandelions to survive (if I'm lucky).

Cheers, mates :hihi: