Science Forums

Vitamin C

inside the sun

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha, another mushroom post! but i suppose if you dont ask here, where else are you going to ask?

i dont believe there are any psychedelic mushroom forums, i mean maybe...

maybe you should try to find one of those.

i personally do not know the answer to this question, im probably wasting your time.

but, nonetheless, you will probably receive an answer in no time at all. no space either!

The Scientific Facts

Vitamin C, orange juice, and/or other fruit does not "activate" a mushroom experience.

From everything I know, vitamin C actually deceases/neutralizes the effects, especially if your having a "bad trip"....but you might be able to find more info at one of these sights.

http://www.shrooms.com/

Or you could ask at this forum:

http://www.freeforum101.com/forum/?mforum=magicmushroomsn

it increases the trip as far as i know. Postassium helps with a bad one (eat bananas) but to bring you back up, or to help bring you up vitamin c. Maybe its in your head, or w/e but when i was coming down i took more vitamin c and it brought me up

I've never heard of that banana trick. I wish I'd known that the last time I had the house to myself for a whole weekend. I ended up tripping the whole weekend... and everytime I tripped, it started out good... then went horribly wrong. I was also going though weird emotional trauma at that point in my life. Due to the fact that I missed my girlfriend... and I was moving away from the city I'd lived in my entire life. Who knows... maybe bananas would have done nothing for me, and I wouldv'e bad tripped anyways.

it increases the trip as far as i know. Postassium helps with a bad one (eat bananas) but to bring you back up, or to help bring you up vitamin c. Maybe its in your head, or w/e but when i was coming down i took more vitamin c and it brought me up

yeah vitamin c has always been present in the most amazing experiences i've had,

i have to try that banana one too, but i never usually have any kind of bad time, just a really intersting and puzzling one

• 2 weeks later...

Personaly I have always been told that Vitamin C can dramatically decrease the intensity of your trip along with visuals and paranoia, however from my experience its always had little or no effect on helping me comedown.

Looking into it, many people conversley say that it increases your trip but from a scienctific point of view there is no evidence to support either claim. I am sure that the placebo effect counts for most of it.

If your an extreme psyconaught looking to trip hard then I would suggest taking MAOI's or SSRI, but they have a comedown of thier own which last longer than mushrooms and are not as pleasant.

Personally large quantitys of warm milk does wonders for me when I come up. Milk contains trypotophan which is involved in the production of seratonin in the brain causing a slight increase in your serartonin levels makes you more relaxed and happy. Even though the effects are negligable when tripping I just love the taste of milk and I suppose subconsciencly associate it with bed time when i'm relaxed and cosy. But I think if any substances should be mixed with psylocibin it should MJ due to it miraculously curing all nausea and making the trip oh so much better.

however from my experience its always had little or no effect on helping me comedown.

i think there is some kind of mistake or misinterpretation here, helping you comedown?

who knows

If your an extreme psyconaught looking to trip hard then I would suggest taking MAOI's or SSRI, but they have a comedown of thier own which last longer than mushrooms and are not as pleasant.

i wonder what the effect of select seratonin reuptake inhibitors would be after consuming lysergic acid diethylamide:eek:

go seratonin!

i think there is some kind of mistake or misinterpretation here, helping you comedown?

I'm talking about the times when your lying in bed trying to get to sleep but your minds so full of thoughts its near impossible, its those kind of situations when I have taken vit C tablets in the hope I could think straight and get to sleep quicker.

i wonder what the effect of select seratonin reuptake inhibitors would be after consuming lysergic acid diethylamide:eek:

go seratonin!

Lol Seeing how intense LSD can be normaly I wouldn't like to think how crazy your trip would be.

Read this

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=25409

This is the effect of MAOI's with mushrooms, sounds pretty hardcore.