Science Forums

Evolution VS. Creationism

CD27

Ya such overwhelming issues as calling a guy bald! So your god has a couple of bears rip 35 children apart!

If you're going to make a claim, use the correct information. It was FORTY TWO children that were ripped apart, for mocking Elisha.

He must have never heard of Rogaine, huh?

"Go up, thou bald head" indeed!!!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by: CD27

fist of all, GOD never killed anyone, it was always a man or a demon, one or the other. nver god himself.

CD, FreeT is totally correct, you are WRONG!!

If you read your Bible (no, not the Catholic version!), you will come across MANY instances where God was directly responsible for the deaths of MANY people.

He DID destroy S&G.

He DID destroy the world's human population, except Noah's family, with the Flood.

He DID destroy Ninevah.

He DID strike people dead for touching the Ark of the Covenant.

He DID turn people to pillars of salt (that means dead in any language).

There are many more examples, and those are not Men nor Demons.

Posted by FreeT:

REALITY - You could have never had any sexual contact and still catch an STD.

Ok, I'm asking for clarification here, not contradicting you (I believe you on this, but just want to be sure I understand what you mean).

Do you mean that people that have never had sex could catch an STD, such as HIV, from a blood transfusion? Or HIV from a parent to a child? Or herpes during childbirth? Or do you mean herpes from oral sex? Or crabs from a toilet seat? Or all? Or a different example?

And LYING about only increases the harm to society that STD's can do because epople will not take the extra precautions needed.

And do you mean that people should be more selective about the blood they receive? Or who they have oral sex with? Or where they use the restroom? Or all? Or a different example?

By FreeT:

But again, your memory of FACTUAL discussions has never been very good.

You specifically stated you promote Abstenence ONLY and claimed it was the ONLY 100% safe way.

I reminded you about RAPE.

Thus Abstenense as a personal choice is NOT 100%.

Therefore you LIED to your children by claiming it was!

We had this discussion before. But it involved FACTS. So I can see why you can't recall it

Ok, if you take a look back at that thread, you'll be reminded of the discussion. It went something like:

ME: I am teaching my kids that abstinence is the best way to remain free from STD's.

YOU: So you are telling them lies?

ME: How is that a lie?

YOU: What about rape? Even if you abstain, there is still the chance of rape, and then you could get an STD.

ME: Yes, you are right, there is rape.

So, you would characterize this as me intentionally teaching my children a LIE??? I am a LIAR, because I failed to teach my children to fear contracting an STD through being raped?

how bout this, carry a basball bat around, and smack the crap out of the guy's nuts, then i wanna see him rape again...or, well, kinda hard to hit a woman there aint it? well, it still hurts. lol. women can rape little boys too....eww...i just thought about michle jackson..i'm gonna puke.

Originally posted by: IrishEyes

Become scientists? MY children? No way!!! They are all going off to seminary to become missionaries and preachers and televsion evangelists!!! C'mon, I know where the real money is! Scientists? phew!!

(oh Tormod, tell me that last at least made YOU smile) ;-P

Better yet, why not make them do a PhD in Science Evangelism?

Geez, I must have slept in class. I missed this discussion completely.

I'll tell you where the real money is - make your kids webmasters and the money will just pour in.

Tormod

I must admit, CD, you are WAY overstepping the rules of this website.

You have posted about 30 texts which you have cut and pasted from other places. Cut and paste DOES NOT mean "edit", like you seem to think. It means simply that - copy from one place, insert it somewhere else.

Can you confirm that you have the right to publish each of these texts? If not, I will delete every single one of them since I do not want to be slammed with a lawsuit for publishing pirated material.

I'm sorry my friend, but please do NOT post material from other websites without asking for their permission first!!!

And this stuff about "don't ask me, ask Hovind" is utter silliness.

Read the FAQ: "If you plan to post messages for which you do not want to be responsible - well, these are the wrong forums for you."

When you post something here, YOU are responsible for it, and YOU will answer for what it says. If not, do not post it. It's that simple, really.

Tormod

And FT and Irish...a to you for straying off the evolution vs creationism topic. Take your (admittedly interesting) home schooling debate into a new thread.

And this nonsense about God never killing anyone...CD, when you first came into these forums you said you lived by the book, and I assumed you meant The Book (as in the Bible). So we expect you to know what it says (because a lot of us do).

Am I being a perfect, angry forum master now? Sorry I missed this thread - it should not have slipped through. I need more moderators.

Tormod

how bout this, carry a basball bat around, and smack the crap out of the guy's nuts, then i wanna see him rape again...or, well, kinda hard to hit a woman there aint it? well, it still hurts. lol. women can rape little boys too....eww...i just thought about michle jackson..i'm gonna puke.

Please CD. Stay on topic and raise the intellectual level of your posts a notch.

Tormod

tormod, i certainly do not wish for you to get a lawsuit for anything i do, you already have enough to worry about as it is, i did not go up and just ask their permission to post their information here, but i did give credit to the author and give the address to which the information could be found, i didn't think that was pirating, but if it is, by all means, get rid of it, i'll simply post a link to the website for them to read it from, is that okay?

Eric

From the perfect angry forum master (aka TORMOD):

And FT and Irish...a to you for straying off the evolution vs creationism topic. Take your (admittedly interesting) home schooling debate into a new thread.

Ummm, I think we were just caught and smacked down in front of the whole darn class, FreeT!! Tormod, You flatter me with your 'admittedly interested' comment, for you know we've already gone *there* before now. But if you insist, I'll wait until Monday and see if FreeT wants to continue to call me a liar in a different thread.

Just for clarification though, Tormod... am I a liar, or not? I thought it was a misunderstanding, but his language seemed like a rather personal attack to me. Am I just being tenderhearted and thin-skinned after so long away, or were those comments unnecessarily vicious?

um, no, irish, you are not lieing, you're stating your beliefs, a lie, is when you know it's a lie, i don't "know" what i know is a lie, or i wouldn't know it as the truth, would i?

as for the "perfect angry forum master"...lol, you crack me up, lol. let us all bow down to teh perfect master just joking, but i wil obey. i like thse forums, it's so fun!!! but..wait a second...he wasn't even tlakign to me was he?

Originally posted by: TeleMad

Tormod: I'll tell you where the real money is - make your kids webmasters and the money will just pour in.

They're not threatened by offshoring/outsourcing like programmers and other IT professionals are?

At least some of them have a tendency to understand jokes.

Tormod

tormod, i certainly do not wish for you to get a lawsuit for anything i do, you already have enough to worry about as it is, i did not go up and just ask their permission to post their information here, but i did give credit to the author and give the address to which the information could be found, i didn't think that was pirating, but if it is, by all means, get rid of it, i'll simply post a link to the website for them to read it from, is that okay?

Eric

If something has been copyrighted, none of us has any right to pull content from a site and reproduce it. That is the same as "stealing". Quoting parts of a text is usually fine, as long as it is done in context, and a source reference is given.

Just posting a link to a website is not enough, according to our FAQ you also need to state what the site says and why it is relevant to the discussion.

And as for removing all the texts - I suggest you edit these yourself, since I don't think it is fair that I should have to clean up after you.

Tormod

Originally posted by: IrishEyes

I need more moderators.

Is that a job offer? FreeT and I could share the load for all of these 'E v. C' discussions. That would be a PERFECT balance, don't you think?

(there you go, I just claimed 'PERFECT' something!!)

See, you're learning to use REAL words in a FACTUAL setting and NOT THROW AROUND LIES (I can sound like FT, too)

Absolutely. You and FT are among the people I would like to see as moderators. Send me a private message if you are interested.

Tormod