Science Forums

Evolution VS. Creationism

CD27

fist of all, GOD never killed anyone, it was always a man or a demon, one or the other. nver god himself. and god would never tell someone to kill someone else unless it was absolutely needed. you must remember, satan has very close to the power that god himself has, but god locked it before he could get any stronger. in the bible it states that satan was thrown down with a huge amount of force, would that perhaps mean that god had to use an effort on him? well, yea.

if that's the case, then would you not think that satan could tell people to kill little babies as ell? all of the "evil" things you read in the bible, are not done by god. it is done by a man or a demon. why don't you read something when you actually make these kind of absurd arguments about the bible. it doesn't even say half the things you people say it says. and don't even try to quote anything from a catholic bible (no offense to thsoe out there who are catholic) but the catholics contradict what the bible teacher ALL THE TIME, and then they set a bad example for everyone else who is trying to bring their good examples back to the light. not that everyone else but the catholics are good, there are some people in different chrces, even pastors, who are just nasty people, but try looking at the people who actually ARE christians, and not the ones who do things wrong, because they are not christians. for one, no man is perfect, that haas been proven over and over again in our history, so we're all gonna make mistakes. god doesn't.

another thing, everytime something bad happenes, what's the first few words out of you mouth? "oh my god!" why? because you know there is one. i want you to go and look, go look at a TRUE christian. you'll see one when you see em. they stick out like a sore thumb. they won't curse, lust, smoke, drink, nothing like that. and i know alot of peopel who tell me i'm wasting my life because i do none of those. i look at them, i say, "even if in the end what society has told me about how drugs kill, drinking damages the liver over time, lust get's you STD's and problems with your social life, i will still take the benefit of the doubt that what was told in the bible years ago, before testing was even good enough to put something like these claims on, that they could even warn us on what was going to happen." how do you call that a lie? STD's are everywhere, it told us not to lust in the bible, why? because god already knew of std's and wanted to protect us from harm.

he told us not to lust, not to covet, nd not to harm ourselves or anyone else (unless in self defense). look at us now, you got people cheating on their spouses, you got people hurting others; the main thing i see kids do now days is hit, why hit!!!, then you got people hurting themselves. drugs, yea they say, drugs can't harm me, then a few years, or even days, down the road their dying in a hospitol bed, or sometimes just on the steat corner because they didn't have anythign left, they spent it all on drugs. their family is gone, their life is gone, they have nothing, and now they're gonna lose themselves as well. god did not do that. that person did. and satan handed out his little hand. gave them what they wanted. there is a reason god told therm not to do allthat. and look at what happened to them because they didn't listen. isn't that proof enough!!!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by: CD27

i sek NO quarrel with anyone ehre. i only wish to be friends. that's all. i'd like to post my ideas and thoughts in the mind set that someone might actually respect someone else's hard work and effort instead of tearing it appart like it's a trash.

None of this was YOUR ideas. It is superstitious lies from people that have no morals or ethics, such as Hovid.

And you don't even want to openly discuss it. You want to dump massive amounts of the garbage here as if it has some value and want to ignore any FACTS that show how ignorant this information is. My "friends" don't act that way.

it may be trash to you, but i spent a long time on my ideas. i worked very hard.

You cut and pasted useless lies from a well established liar. What is so hard about that?

and just because you THINK it's a "lie"

Has nothing to do with what I THINK. I PROVED it to be lies. If you want to reject the concept of PROOF, then what are you doing at a Science site?

you think that it's not as good as the otehr things you "belive" in. yes, athiets have belifs as well.

I don't "beleive" anything. "Beleif" is what is used when you don't have FACTS. I "ACCEPT for CONVENIENCE" things when there is enough credible reason to do so.

atheism is a religion.

In the same way that "BALD" is a hair color.

it is the BELEIF that there is no god.

WRONG! "Theism" IS the belief in a personal god. "*A*theism" is the "lack" of belief in a personal god. A person that has no concept of a god what so ever is just as much an Atheist as I (I admit an active positive non-acceptance) am. Everyone is born as Atheist. NO ONE is born with a personal god concept any more than they are born with an awareness of numbers. It is parents that polute a childs mind with religious superstition.

i could be just as easily cold hearted to sit here in your fact and tear your religion apart, ridicule it, and TRY to convert you into beliveing what i do,

No you couldn't. The effort would be a great experience for you however. You would derive significantly more benefit from the effort than any of us.

but i don't. i'm not that type of man.

a "MAN" stands up for what they believe.

everyone is equal, EVERYONE.

But not all ideas are EQUAL. Nor is everyone equally capable of understanding science.

instead we hate, steal, kill, and greed...all of the things

the bible promotes.

gas where i am at is $2.08 a gallon, and itr is near $3.00 a gallon in california! why?

Because the US is the largest user of fossile fuel yet pays perhaps the 2nd lowest price in the open market. There is no reason our gas should not be as high as the rest of the world, at $4-5/gal.

The lowest price I am aware of is the $0.05/gal the Iraqi's pay. Not because they own so much oil themselves. Our Admin stole the oil from them. US TAXPAYERS pay $1.50/gal to Bush's chronies so they can sell the gas to Iraqi's at a loss and still make lots of money.

jsut take one wild gues of how many oil mines we have in just texas?

With G Bush being probably the ONLY PERSON EVER to not be able to find oil in Texas and have a company go out of biz because of it. One that was funded by the Bin Laden family.

let alone all of the oil just oozing out of alaska (and it is perfectly safe to drill there, it's already been drilled on for years, and when was the last time you heard of an oil spill?

Here's more facts for you to ignore so you can continue to live with lies.

Exxon Valdez (Alaska) oil spill

Approximately 11 million gallons or 257,000 barrels or 38,800 metric tonnes. Picture the swimming pool at your school or in your community. The amount of spilled oil is roughly equivalent to 125 olympic-sized swimming pools. .. From Bligh Reef the spill stretched 460 miles to the tiny village of Chignik on the Alaska Peninsula...The carcasses of more than 35,000 birds 1,000 sea otters were found after the spill, but since most carcasses sink, this is considered to be a small fraction of the actual death toll. The best estimates are: 250,000 seabirds, 2,800 sea otters, 300 harbor seals, 250 bald eagles, up to 22 killer whales, and billions of salmon and herring eggs... The studies of sportfishing activity and tourism indicators (vacation planning, visitor spending, and canceled bookings) all indicated decreases in recreation/tourism activity. The contingent valuation study estimated the lost passive use value at $2.8 billion.

http://www.evostc.state.ak.us/

in case you didn't realize it, when i said "MY IDEAS" i meant my Inol theory. i spent a long time and a lot of hard work trying to get that done. and no, i did not paste and cut anything. about the evolutin stuff, i simply moved it from one spot to another, nothing more. did not cut anything. you can't sut off a website. that's kinda hard to do when it's not a document, aye?

i will be VERY bold as to make this next statement. amrica is NOT for the people, of the people, and by the people, it's for the rich, the greedy, and those who don't give a darn wether we sit here and starve to death.

Yes, the Republicans are in charge. You define their political platform very well.

you know if just every citizen would give up one single dollar, america would be out of debt?

Ah CD, you really are clueless. US population roughly 240 Million people. That would be $240 million. The National Debt has continued to increase an average of $1.73 billion per day since September 30, 2003! It is currently at $7.225 TRILLION. THus instead of $1.00, thanks to the Bush admin each man woman and child in the US already OWES $24,551.78

Now as a comparison:

September 27, 2000

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Clinton announced Wednesday that the federal budget surplus for fiscal year 2000 amounted to at least $230 billion, making it the largest in U.S. history and topping last year's record surplus of $122.7 billion.

http://www.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/stories/09/27/clinton.surplus/

but look at us! just look! we're so darn greedy, someone steals a pair of shoes so they can keep warm at night and so they won't step on hard rocks when they walk down the strat, and what do we do? we throw em in jail, and say, "shame on you! shame on you!" really we shoudl get the poor guy a whole outfit, to steal shoes you msut be pretty desperate, why not help the poor guy? but no, my precious money, i gotta keep my presiouse money. get a life folks, money isn't the only way to live.

You sound like a Liberal Democrat. It is the Republican "Vision" that has made building Prisons one of the largest industries in the US. The US has more of it's citizens in jail than ANY OTHER MAJOR INDUSTRIALIZE COUNTRY! All because of CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN ideology. Bush is personally responsible for more Government sponsored executions then ANY PERSON IN US HISTORY.

tormod, i know this is VERY off subject, i just had tog et it out of me, jsut take a look around you, do you even know one caring person who would not throw a man in jail for trying to survive.

Yes, it is called the Democratic Party.

me. why don't we all try to do the same.

You called it before, PERSONAL GREED. They way of the Conservative Republican Party.

Vote Democrat!

Make sure Bush losses the vote AGAIN. But this time does not STEAL the office.

Originally posted by: IrishEyes

Hey, Back off, Jack!!

That's "Hit the Road Jack". In honor of the recent loss of someone that was truly of value to the US and the World. Not that lying crook, that sold illegal drugs to fund illegal arms purchases, invented the VooDoo economics that are currently bankrupting the US, ... Regan, but Ray Charles!

Suck your dry martini and chill out for a sec. Peer review is the funniest to me because there will always be different camps of scientists that claim to know the 'truth' about any particular idea.

Two? Probably more like a dozen or more.

That is EXACTLY why Peer Review the THE most important credential.

So which group is right, and which group is 'fake'? If the scientists get to decide, you still will end up with two very different conclusions.

The "Scientists" DON'T get to decide. The FACTS do.

FACTS. those things you and CD are so anxious to avoid and ignore.

Did you take more than 2 Educational courses in College to qualify for a degree IN Education?

Just a few more than two, yes. However, there are colleges that will offer Education degrees with very few 'education' classes.

a PHD? A DOCTORATE with only TWO courses?

welll....those are quite disturbing facts...er....i want so ba to not lsiten to you..but i have to lol. well, i guess you're right, i can't argue with that. america sucks, the rest of the worlds can see it, even the people see it, it's only gonna take a lil bit of time before we have another civil war. i can promise you that....may i say something i read in the bible? don't kill me for it.

in the bible it teaches that the beast will be destroyed. i belive that the beast is america. i can honestly say, we have already been proven of our weaknesses, and we're about to find out how bad they really are. we better get our foot back on the peddle. or we're gonna lose the race.

Eric

Ok, this is where you reveal your true self. Specific, targeted attacks against me and my children are totally not needed.

You know that I lie to my children based on what 'proof'? Where has it been covered before that I lie to my children?

1) I NEVER targeted attacks against your children.

2) I stated the TRUTH about you lying to your kids.

But again, your memory of FACTUAL discussions has never been very good.

You specifically stated you promote Abstenence ONLY and claimed it was the ONLY 100% safe way.

I reminded you about RAPE.

Thus Abstenense as a personal choice is NOT 100%.

Therefore you LIED to your children by claiming it was!

We had this discussion before. But it involved FACTS. So I can see why you can't recall it

Become scientists? MY children? No way!!!

Don;t worry, people brought up to believe in fairy tales as truth and to ignore FACTS and reject PROOFS would never make it as Scientists. They COULD make it as promoters of Faith Based programs like Creationism though!

They are all going off to seminary to become missionaries and preachers and televsion evangelists!!! C'mon, I know where the real money is! Scientists? phew!!

Ya TRUTH never pays as well as LIES. They should be well qaulified to become rich!

Remind me where this was originally posted, and I will respond in that thread. As glad as I'm sure Tormod is that I'm back :-) , I won't jump back in to *this* fight with you in yet another topic (meaning this one) and chance his wrath. And since you are totally unwilling to let this die a peaceful death, I will answer your question and we can put it behind us. Where is your original post?

Topic Title: What would it take to prove the existence of a God?

http://www.hypography.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=23&threadid=465&STARTPAGE=14&enterthread=y

I have moved it back onto the home page list

See you there!

here is a link to a site that has some convincing evidence against evolution...i must say, it is far better than what Hovind said. it does make some references to the Bible, but if it tickles you just right, jsut ignore that part, ok? just look at the scientific facts. which tehre are plenty there.

Eric

fist of all, GOD never killed anyone, it was always a man or a demon, one or the other. nver god himself.

CD, CD, CD,... you ARE a Christian. You have NO IDEA what the bible actually says.

Ever heard Sodom and Gamorah? Or "The Flood"?

Let me guess, god didn't kill all those people, fire, brimstone and water did! the Plagues in Egypt? The CLOSING of the Red Sea on the Egyptian soldiers?

Over 65% of all fertilzed human eggs DIE before being born through the process your god created. Talk about the most prolific abortionist! Talk about killing "unborn babies". No Dr even gets close to your god!

and god would never tell someone to kill someone else unless it was absolutely needed.

Ya such overwhelming issues as calling a guy bald! So your god has a couple of bears rip 35 children apart!

you must remember, satan has very close to the power that god himself has, but god locked it before he could get any stronger. in the bible it states that satan was thrown down with a huge amount of force, would that perhaps mean that god had to use an effort on him? well, yea.

What part of OMNIPOTENT confuses you?

if that's the case, then would you not think that satan could tell people to kill little babies as ell?

But this combination could not even begin to get close to the slaughter your god does continually.

all of the "evil" things you read in the bible, are not done by god.

I already proved that that was WRONG!

it is done by a man or a demon. why don't you read something when you actually make these kind of absurd arguments about the bible.

Like I said, it IS IN the bible.

it doesn't even say half the things you people say it says.

I can back up each and every claim with chapter and verse and show that they are NOT "out of context".

and don't even try to quote anything from a catholic bible (no offense to thsoe out there who are catholic) but the catholics contradict what the bible teacher ALL THE TIME,

Oh here we go again! CD is THE person picked by god to decide who is and who is not interpreting the bible correctly. If this bible thing was so "perfect", why is it no two people find the same thing in it?

and then they set a bad example for everyone else who is trying to bring their good examples back to the light.

You mean the other Christians that kill the Catholics?

not that everyone else but the catholics are good, there are some people in different chrces, even pastors, who are just nasty people,

so we're all gonna make mistakes. god doesn't.

Once more. Try READLING the bible once.

Exodus 32:14 "And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people."

Genesis 6:6,7 "And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth . . . And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth . . . for it repenteth me that I have made him."

Jonah 3:10 ". . . and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not."

See also II Kings 20:1-7, Numbers 16:20-35, Numbers 16:44-50.

See Genesis 18:23-33, where Abraham gets God to change his mind about the minimum number of righteous people in Sodom required to avoid destruction, bargaining down from fifty to ten. (An omniscient God must have known that he was playing with Abraham's hopes for mercy--he destroyed the city anyway.)

another thing, everytime something bad happenes, what's the first few words

here is a link to a site that has some convincing evidence against evolution...i must say, it is far better than what Hovind said. it does make some references to the Bible, but if it tickles you just right, jsut ignore that part, ok? just look at the scientific facts. which tehre are plenty there.

I have to wonder whther you are being intentionally difficult or just really can't catch on.

We don't want you to give us links to any of these bogus sites. And that is what they ALL are. Believe me, I've been to em, "been there, done that".

If you find something YOU think is VALID, post it here. Yes a link to the site would be nice to help get EXTRA details. But post something YOU want to explore. Then WE ALL can have a nice friendly discussion about it.

But you don't want to have an open honest discussion. You want to PROVE Evolution is WRONG at all cost. You don;t even seem to care if the site is valid or not. If they are against Evolution, that is enough for you.

You are wasting our time. YOURS included.

Part two. AGAIN! and AGAIN! It is not enough to try to disprove Evolutuion, if you have nothing to offer to replace it. Soimething that is a comprehensive theory that is supported by facts and offers a better level of predictability.

You keep claiming you want a friendly discussion. So START one.