Science Forums

Hard Drugs Ruining Society

Racoon

Cedars:

I would never order drugs (pharmacuticals) from a country that doesnt regulate the manufacture of these products. While not perfect in its implimentation, I accept this is the best way to produce consistent quality in this arena of human need.
And neither would I unless we had another way to identify quality. EBAY comes to mind. My wife does a lot of buying and selling on EBAY and whenever I need something she goes out there and gets it for me. Both buyers and sellers can provide feedback about their experiences dealing with each other. Sellers go to incredible lengths to make sure their reputations are not tarnished by unhappy buyers. That to me seems like a much more rational way of handling the issue of quality.

Today, licensing implies that someone has been looked at by a government body or on behalf of a governmental body and deemed to be a quality provider of whatever it is that they are providing. Imagine if that had happened in the area of computer hardware!

However, unlike the ability I have on EBAY of filing a complaint and having that complaint stick to a seller like the odor of a litter box, with a licensed entity what recourse do I have? I can file an invisible complaint, I can sue, but the entity in almost all cases continues to do what it does and buyers of whatever that seller is sellling have no idea I have filed a complaint.

Folks are not stupid. Without regulations, the first thing we'd do is set up a way to know the good apples from the bad ones. Honesty and government regulators are almost mutually exclusive terms.

And licensing doesn't do anything except disarm the populace into believing that an oversight committee is doing its job. Which it does, at first. Over time, a criminal element takes control and what was supposed to protect the buyers ends up protecting the sellers from pissed off buyers. After all, the folks doing the licensing could be held accountable if they let a bad apple get into the barrel. so they end up protecting the bad apples. And we're oblivious to it.

Franchised (licensed) monopolies are created when a government steps in and stops competition in the name of the buyer, to protect them from shoddy goods. At least, that's the theory. In my experience, exactly the opposite is true.

• 4 months later...
Who does so?

Or does somebody?

Drugs come one step ahead of the other hard stuff.

What are you doing ron??

replying to messages when everyone else is asleep??

Do you have any IDEA, of the toll CRANK has taken here?? :eek:

I am Not messing around! :evil: :eek2:

This is a serious goddamned problem!! :eek:

Maybe you don't have Tweekers yet in India, but they are plenty numerous here...

You got Neg Repped this time.... Post a solution. :evil: :eek2:

Everywhere I go there is a f*cking Tweeker. CRANK!

You do not understand, OK...

If you Do, then enlighten us... on this subject.

It has been a while since I looked at this thread. Wow. There has been some really good discussion.

But what's the solution? Should that be in a different thread?

I've been thinking we should ask Tormod if there's a way to link threads in a kind of hierarchical fashion such that if we start a thread that identifies a problem, possible solutions could be hooked into the thread somehow and discussed as separate items.

The same for any theoretical position. Kind of a roadmap of thought.

Also, if there was a way to vote on the value of the sub-thread....

I'm sure it would bring up tons of other issues, some of methodology, but at least it would provide us with a way to move forward with more of a feeling of accomplishment.

There are such brilliant people in here, if we could just focus all of the wonderful energy and give it a productive outlet.....

Drugs suck ***.

The problem is simply in getting those idjits who don't believe it, who are contemplating taking it 'cause their buddy Mike is doing it, to understand how incredibly stupid it is to take that first hit.

And I'm including all drugs here - even Mary Jane, Orb.

Life is beautiful without artificial help.

Drugs suck ***.

The problem is simply in getting those idjits who don't believe it, who are contemplating taking it 'cause their buddy Mike is doing it, to understand how incredibly stupid it is to take that first hit.

Life is beautiful without artificial help.

The ape speaks,

and thinks that

there's something wrong

with our relationship

with plants.

Sorry,

my allies grow

to the sky,

where they take me.

We've all got opinions and

experiences.

And my gosh,

they're all different.

And yes, Tweakers are a serious problem.

@ My old apartment

if I didnt lock my door

they would come in,

in the middle of the night,

smoke their "****" as they call it

and just steal my stuff.:doh:

Marijuana's not artificial, it grows in my backyard! (Earth)

Meth is, though!

I don't even know what that stuff is made out of.

So many people smoke weed, man.

I know because I do,

and can tell.

And if they didn't,

we'd be living in HELL!

Stoners make this world

a relaxed, and creative place.

I'm sure sober people could to,

but from my observations

it's damn hard with all their

delusions like Work.

+ Weed is what

GETS SOME PEOPLE THROUGH WORK!:eek:

Work might be a 'delusion' for some, but someone's gotta do it.

Ever woke up on a crisp spring morning and you want to have sex with the scenery because it's so beautiful? You don't need drugs - or even weed - for that, but it's the best high I can think of. I've done my share of weed in the past, and the best of weed don't come close to a natural high.

Drugs - including weed - is escapism.

There are plenty creative people functioning perfectly well without being stoned.

Experiencing what the world has to offer whilst being sober is awesome.

It has been a while since I looked at this thread. Wow. There has been some really good discussion.

But what's the solution? Should that be in a different thread?

I've been thinking we should ask Tormod if there's a way to link threads in a kind of hierarchical fashion such that if we start a thread that identifies a problem, possible solutions could be hooked into the thread somehow and discussed as separate items.

The same for any theoretical position. Kind of a roadmap of thought.

Also, if there was a way to vote on the value of the sub-thread....

I'm sure it would bring up tons of other issues, some of methodology, but at least it would provide us with a way to move forward with more of a feeling of accomplishment.

There are such brilliant people in here, if we could just focus all of the wonderful energy and give it a productive outlet.....

i like your ideas. like neurons are connected? is that what you mean?

Work might be a 'delusion' for some, but someone's gotta do it.

Ever woke up on a crisp spring morning and you want to have sex with the scenery because it's so beautiful? You don't need drugs - or even weed - for that, but it's the best high I can think of. I've done my share of weed in the past, and the best of weed don't come close to a natural high.

Drugs - including weed - is escapism.

There are plenty creative people functioning perfectly well without being stoned.

Experiencing what the world has to offer whilst being sober is awesome.

well said. people need education. they need to know what is it exactly they are getting into. and that can only happen through education.

Drugs suck ***.

Alcohol is a drug.

No need for a beer or 7 now mate.

Crank! Crystal Meth! Crack Cocaine! Heroin! PCP! X-stacy!

Tweekers don't die, they Multiply :eek:

I've had some nice bikes stolen by tweekers. They are scandalous. :doh:

You cannot trust a Tweeker or Crackhead.

They'll rob their own Grandmothers...:doh:

Maybe my last post here did not get very well. Anyway, now that I'm not in a moving bus I can explain better.

About four years ago, I used to live in a different city. At that time, drugs had suddenly been widely introduced in the society.

The situation was very bad, people who earlier were quite well behaved and always smiling, were suddenly beginning to sit around on the footpaths.

Some were very intoxicated and could not even move on the streets without wading on to the buzy road and suffering vehicular accidents.

Some could not look into your eye without sniffing at some horseshit in their hankies.

Families broke up, when they realised that the reason their son or brother or father had died as a drug addict.

At that time, I learnt that there are two reasons why a person becomes a drug addict.

-He did not have the knowledge

-He did not have the will power to say no to the second dose.

At first, concerned residents began to violently beat up any drug peddler in the vicinity, but later the police came into the scene and put and end to these beatings.

I left the town two years ago, but I hear that rehabilitation camps are being set up there bigtime.

Fortunately, people have come to terms what drugs really are.

Unfortunately, booze is not illegal in most parts of India. I feel that daaroo, as we call hard drinks here, is creating more problems than drugs right now over here.