Science Forums

President bush!

Tim_Lou

yeah, other people ruin other's process.

but the man that are being ruined, is actually ruining somebody else.

no one in this world is perfect, no one in this world would work for others for nothing. no one in this world would not consider himself.

i think the problem about teens are all about judgement.

when i do something, im being judged, if its good, then its good. when its bad, its disappointing.

yeah, in school, whatever u do, your teacher say, "good job" "nice work" or whatever.

but you know it, everyone knows it, it isnt really a good job.

other people might not take you to compare with others.

but youself will, you will see how other people are way high up there, but you....

some people will work real hard to go up. but thats only a small portion of it.

while others... the worst is loss of confidence, and do something real bad.

and most of the time, people just give up, and stay in the middle, being a regular person.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very very true. i admire your intelligence. how old are you anyways? i'm 17. none of us are perfect. it seems we will never be. but let me tell you, make the best of what you can, never let it go. if life seems down, if you feel so down you can't take anymore, stand up, you can make it, life never gives you too much that you can't hang on to your life. life is a gift, charish it. i learned this the hard way, almost commited suicide three times. taught me a great value of life. it's never worth wasting. life is short, live it to the fullest.

Originally posted by: Tormod

Originally posted by: Freethinker

I thought perhaps that the H was just an imprint from a belt buckle you were wearing.

Yeah, and you thought I were actually going to comment on that, did you? Problem is, I'd lose either way.

LOL. I wondered why I did not get a response! The better half reads the threads?

arh~

asking my age...

i know what your thinking, and what i am thinking.

if im younger than you, you dont feel very well...right?

since someone younger than you is same as or smarter than you.

if im older, thats fine. since someone older is more intelligent.

(am i right? i dont mean any offend)

i know EXACTLY how "we" think.

to be honest with you, same way to me, i am the same type of guy (i dont mind telling on the internet, but i will rarely tell other people...). i feel bad when someone is smarter than me and younger than me...

im 16 by the way...

looking at the world makes me feel sad. just like in what it says in "the catcher in the rye", i totally agree with it.

"phonies", wearing a "mask" everyday, but think about yourself....you and me are actually doing the same thing...

Originally posted by: CD27

i really couldn't blame bush for 9/11 or the iraq problems. first of all, it was hardly bush's fault a plane hit the twin owers.

You obviously have neither kept up on what is going on nor read my earlier posts here.

1) Clinton had stopped THREE KNOWN attacks from Bin Laden

2) Bush INTENTIONALLY SCRAPPED the efforts Clinton had put in place and IGNORED massive intellegence on BIn Laden

3) including a PRESIDENTIAL DAILY BREIFING titled "Bin Laden determined to strike in US".

4) The French had stopped the SAME attack a year or more before. It was a KNOWN technique for Al Quida.

5) US Intellegence had records of Islamic aliens in the US that had flying lessons that did not include take offs or landings

6) the US paid for those lessons.

7) Bush IGNORED SPECIFIC intellegence warnings from Israel on it

8) when Bush would not listen to Israel, they had Russia contact us with the same Intel. Bush ignored it also

9) Jeb Bush declared Marshal Law in Fla days BEFORE it happened and never gave a reason.

10) Bush admin people stopped flying commercial jets (which was SOP before that) a month before it happened.

11) NORAD and the Air Guard had standing orders to intercept ANY commercial plane that deviates from it's flight path or does not respond to radio inquiries. It had happened over 65 times in the 1.5 years before 9/11. the ONLY planes this did NOT happen to was those involved in 9/11 This after the 1st plane had already smashed into the 1st tower and the 2nd plane as KNOWN to by hijacked for 35 mins! THREE military air bases less than 10 Mins from location!

12) in the days right after 9/11. ALL commercial and private planes were grounded. The ONLY private plane allowed in the sky was one that carried Bin Lauden family and friends out of the US, BEFORE they could be questioned. Only a Presidential Order could have allowed that to happen.

13) Ten mins after the 1st plane crashed into the Towers and Bush was told about it, he went into a children's classroom and calmly read a book for over 10 minutes. No concern whatsoever expressed. As if it was a daily happening.

And much much more.

and as for iraq, he is doing his best to control peace. he fisrt went in there to get rid of suddam,

??? Perhaps you never heard the term "Weapons of Mass Destruction"? You are a number of LIES behind in the actual list of WHY.

You also have probably never seen the movie of Saddam and Rumsfield shaking hands during one of their Weapons sales deals?

Saddam was a CIA "Asset" since 1959. Again, look back thru this thread and you will find a link to "Thanks for the memories".

they should have done that when they had the chance,

After Bush the father as Pres giving Saddam the OK to attack Kuwait, with weapons Saddam had previously purchased from Rumsfield, Bush #1 then attacked Saddam. Breaking numerous previous agreements with Saddam. We then told the Kurds to continue the attck right into Baghdad (to get Saddam). As they did, we left them stranded and Saddam "used weapons of mass destruction on his own people". The Kurds WE pushed into attacking Saddam.

so he realized that, and knew he had to act fast to keep from kiling anymore people under suddam's rule..

1,500,000 Iraqi citizens died as a direct result of the Sanctions the US forced on Iraq between the 1st Gulf War and this 2nd one. This includes primarily CHILDREN and women. FAR MORE than Saddam EVER did.

Saddam was a bad person. He was put into power by the US to fight Iran BECAUSE he was such a bad person. We had no prpoblem with his rape camps or torture chambers when he was using them to our advantage. Nor obviously do we have problems with using those same camps, the same way, when they are under OUR control.

ho

Originally posted by: CD27

atually, no, i didn't, but i guess i can. ah forget it, this world is crap anyways. its jsut gonna get worse no matter what we do.

I have found over and over that the more religious a person is, the worse they see society as being. The less religious, the more Secular, the more we see people as naturally altruistic, rather than born sinners, and the more positive we are about society.

"Why has a religious turn of mind always a tendency to narrow and harden the heart?" -- Robert Burns

"During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What has been its fruits? More or less, in all places, pride and indolence in the clergy; ignorance and servility in the laity; in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution.' -- James Madison

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth; I came not to send peace, but a sword." -- Jesus, Matthew 10:34

Originally posted by: Tim_Lou

yes, it is not only me...

when people go over this teen period, they start to realize the truth of the world....ah~ we cant really do a thing here...people always say like every change in the world is made my people...but, the truth is, it is really unchangable...

sry but... one word, sigh...

Excuses, excuses. I was part of the generation that "Change the World". Don't tell me it can't happen. Just because this generation is lazier and more religious. Remember, the generation that "Stopped the war" and changed thge world for the better did it while chanting "Make love not war" and "God is DEAD!".

Now god is back and we are at war again....

well, for the general...

1. teenagers, cant really doing anything..

2. yeah, i tried hard, but what? millions of people try harder than i do.

3. so, i get mad and study 5 hours a day. but someone else study for 10 hours without doing anything else.

4. ok, i get even crazier and study 10 hrs a day, but that smarter guy is in AP courses while your only in CP levels. and his IQ is 10+ than you.

5. now, pretend that i have the same IQ level as that guy, and do as hard as he does, also having the same courses. but!... that guy goes up to like AP lev 2 classs. while my school only has AP lev 1 courses.

6. ok, i dont care what this school has, i go study my own! i go buy my own ap books and study like hell.

but! what the college do is: self study is not allowed, you do not get credit for college. (yeah, there is ap exam, you can self study, but im just saying..)

(some of those stuffs might not be true... but similar stuffs like above do happen...)

yeah, if im so excellent or so outstanding... i might be able to change the world...

but this is only like 1%, 1% of the population who can really do something to the world.

well, im not saying we should not try hard. yeah, try as hard as you can! go beyond that smart guy!

but, the truth of the world is simply like this.

Tim: Stop worrying about the other guy.

Compare your effort against what you think YOU can do.

BTW, The decisive battle of conquest of Greece occurred in 338 BC at Chaeronea in Boeotia by eighteen year old Alexander (the Great). Cleopatra was 17 when she took the throne.

arh~

too bad, the world doesnt work that way.

that smarter guy is gonna have a chance to change the world b4 u can do it.

a college is gonna take a smarter guy,

an employer is gonna hire a better one,

an election is gonna elect a better president (well, more popular one)...

in fact, there are just way too many people above.

so, many of them dont even get a chance to show up.

i understand what i should do, and i am NOT gonna stop working.

i will and always try the best i can and do my best. (well, not the best...just working hard)

many people talk about something like, oh the world isnt like this, whatever whatever if you work hard, you get paid back....

thats just not the reality...

338 BC...the world doesnt work the same way lol...

now, the most important is the college you go to, what grade u get... and your social relationship with others... and these are "believed" to reflect your ABILITY!!!

hmm, lets relate this to president bush (just make sure we dont go off topic)

is president smart? (he got a sat score like 1200 something, right??) why did he get elected? was he way above some other people?

compare to other presidents, do you think hes the smartest one or the dumbest? is he lacking something that president should have? if he is, what is it? do you think hes working hard for something? but like these above...he failed?

i mean did he do bad stuffs on purpose? or just not smart enough to have the bigger picture?

hmm, lets relate this to president bush (just make sure we dont go off topic)

is president smart?

He had miserable grades in High School, got into Yale because of long family tradition only. Gradulated with a low C average from Yale.

Failed at every biz his father game him. Probably the only person that could not find oil in Texas. His oil firm went bankrupt. Just AFTER he sold out his stock! (read ENRON/ MCI/...)

During his term as Gov of Texas, Houston replaced Los Angeles as the most smog-ridden city in America. He cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas treasury to the tune of billions in borrowed money. He set the record for the most executions by any governor in American history.

why did he get elected? was he way above some other people?

He DIDN'T get elected. He LOST the popular vote. He was appointed by an extensive list of shady dealings in votes in the state that his Bro is Gov of. As many as 90,000 were removed from the voters list in Fla because they had birthdays or names SIMILAR to a list of a couple thousand felons and lived in certain voting disticts. Guess which voting districts?

Bush was not elected. He was appointed by the Judiciary.

is he lacking something that president should have?

Morals, Ethics, Concern for something other than money.

do you think hes working hard for something?

Oh it is completely transparent as to what he is working hard for. His corp buddies interests. It will line his pockets.

but like these above...he failed?

And he is VERY succesful at it.

i mean did he do bad stuffs on purpose? or just not smart enough to have the bigger picture?

Let's say it is obvious that he at least LET things happen. And took full advantage of it once it did.

so, a Yale guy doesnt mean a lot........

lol

i remembered that the election was like so close...

there were lots of disturbing votes...

and almost all chinese were willing to see gore to be elected.

(including me, although i didnt know much...he was said to have better policy with taiwan and china)

(i'll tell you the truth here, chinese HATE americans...yes, like many other people.)

"(i'll tell you the truth here, chinese HATE americans...yes, like many other people.)

"

Tim, Take some time and think about it, ask your family and friends, and tell me in your opinion what is the reason for this hatred? More importantly, what can the U S do to make things better? And be honest.

Geez people, I go on a vacation and you let FreeT just run all over you!!??!! ;-P

CD and Tim - C'mon!! What is this doom and gloom? My goodness, I felt like swallowing a bottle of Prozac just to finish some of your posts! I am thouroughly disheartened by your defeatist attitudes.

And FreeT, this is (as usual) where we totally disagree!

By FreeThinker: I have found over and over that the more religious a person is, the worse they see society as being. The less religious, the more Secular, the more we see people as naturally altruistic, rather than born sinners, and the more positive we are about society.

First, you have two different sets of people here. You say that the more religious a person, the worse they see 'society'; the less religious, the more people are naturally altruistic and more positive about society. I can't even begin to explain how totally narrow-minded your assessment is!! Without re-hashing the whole altruism argument again (btw sanctus, I JUST got your messages re:altruism from April, my fault, thanks! I'll read that book!!), I think you are WAY off base here, and my general observations show the exct opposite!! Without implying that I am representative of every Christian, I will say that your assertions are dead wrong as applied to me and my outlook on life!

As a Christian, I do see a general decline in the morality of society as a whole. And yes, i do believe that the world is made up of sinners. However, this does not lead me to depression and the 'world is terrible and there's nothing I can do about it' attitude exhibited here by these younger people. EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE!! It is the promise of salvation, the assurance that Heaven comes next, that helps me stay positive, regardless of what the world becomes. When children are taught that they evolved, that there is no purpose for their very existence, that when they die there is nothing, THAT is when they lose all hope. The 'more religious' generation you spoke of does not exist!! There are more people than ever that have not heard the Gospel message. Parents do not take their children to church. Nobody says "GOD" for fear of being sued. People are terrified of sharing their faith because they may be labeled either fanatics or politically IN-correct!

The more positive YOU are about society? HA!! You openly exhibit a pure and undisguised hatred for anything that resembles Christianity!! That is positive? You have made it your mission, at least in this forum, to bring God into virtually every thread and topic, to 'expose' how vile and/or stupid Christians are. I've seen your posts in threads that had NOTHING to do with God, religion, philosophy, etc., where you purposefully interject your anti-God views, just to stir the pot, in topics that had NOTHING to do with God!! To what end? Your very purpose has been to spread hatred! That is supposed to be altruistic?

More to follow in the next few days as I ease myself back into my life. Thanks to all that asked about me while I was gone. And thanks for that awesome e-mail, T! You truly are amazing!!! I MISSED YOU GUYS!!!

Originally posted by: IrishEyes

Geez people, I go on a vacation and you let FreeT just run all over you!!??!! ;-P

Hey, thought we had lost you... welcome back.

And FreeT, this is (as usual) where we totally disagree!

Not based on what you post we don't.

By FreeThinker: I have found over and over that the more religious a person is, the worse they see society as being. The less religious, the more Secular, the more we see people as naturally altruistic, rather than born sinners, and the more positive we are about society.

First, you have two different sets of people here. You say that the more religious a person, the worse they see 'society'; the less religious, the more people are naturally altruistic and more positive about society. I can't even begin to explain how totally narrow-minded your assessment is!!

It bears (bares?) out consistantly. YOu will provide examples yourself.

Without implying that I am representative of every Christian, I will say that your assertions are dead wrong as applied to me and my outlook on life!

As a Christian, I do see a general decline in the morality of society as a whole. And yes, i do believe that the world is made up of sinners.

Thanks for once again proving my point.

However, this does not lead me to depression and the 'world is terrible and there's nothing I can do about it' attitude exhibited here by these younger people.

That was NOT my statement. My statement was that the more Fundamentalist the person, the worse they see society today. Exactly as YOU state:

As a Christian, I do see a general decline in the morality of society as a whole

EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE!! It is the promise of salvation, the assurance that Heaven comes next, that helps me stay positive, regardless of what the world becomes.

And thanks again for proving my point. Christians see "a general decline in the morality of society as a whole" and look forward to " the promise of salvation, the assurance that Heaven comes next".

I knew I could count on you Irish!

When children are taught that they evolved, that there is no purpose for their very existence, that when they die there is nothing, THAT is when they lose all hope.

Keep up the good work Irish, you prove my point more with every line...

The 'more religious' generation you spoke of does not exist!! There are more people than ever that have not heard the Gospel message.

WRONG! The "Gospel" has achieved a higher level of market penetration than it ever has. Satelite boradcast, missionaru work, all growing daily and more market penetration than ever. Plain and simple.

Parents do not take their children to church.

Ah, there is hope! :-)

Nobody says "GOD" for fear of being sued.

Ya, we can ignore that the "Faith Based Intitiave" of the White House that has NEVER been done before. We can ignore the "Passion" the likes of which has never been seen before. We can ignore the MASSIVE number of "God Bless America" signs we see all over the place. As opposed to the "God is dead" signs so popular during the '60's.

People are terrified of sharing their faith because they may be labeled either fanatics or politically IN-correct!

Obvioulsy, look at how reserved the Resident of the White House ia as he hides his Christianity. And how the ENTIRE CONGRESS refused to stand up and sing God Bless America. Or how fast the country was to accept removing "Under God" from the Pledge when it was found