Science Forums

President bush!

Tim_Lou

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex,

I'm a US citizen, and when the subject of Russia comes up I think of the largest and possibly most diverse nation on earth. I get a mental image of beautiful architecture, art and landscapes. I consider the scientific contributions. Athletic competetiveness. Etc...... Etc..... I may be the exception, other than the rule. Or maybe not.

I am also bothered by the often accepted interchangeability of "The USA" and "America". If I were Canadian, Mexican, Guatamalan, Honduran, El Salvadoran, Nicaraguan, Costa Rican, Panamanian, or Belizean I would be very offended by this. I would imagine this applies to the countries of South America as well. People worldwide accept The USA, as synonomous with, America. When and where did it start? who's responsible? Does it have arrogant connotations? Is it just easier to say, it is much shorter? "The United States of America" does not tranlate readily into an adjectival, descriptive form. Could shorten it to US-ERS, remove the hyphen and it's even appropriate. I've no answers, just my thoughts.

Actually, nations of the world could applaud GWB. No matter how poorly they were viewed in the past they will never be seen in as poor a light as the USA is currently. That may help you to feel better.

Freethinker said:

University researchers delivered a serious blow to the current crop of electronic voting systems in an analysis of one such system's source code in which they concluded that a voter could cast unlimited ballots without detection.http://news.com.com/2100-1009_3-5054088.html

Missing Votes Break Florida Law!

Yup, thanks to the new American voring system, thousands of Russian, Polish, Indian, Pakistani, and Chinese hackers were able to cast their votes in the previous election.

I'm still surprised that nobody commented Bushes no child left behind nonsence.

Originally posted by: alex

I'm still surprised that nobody commented Bushes no child left behind nonsence.

Or "Clear Skies Intitative" where Bush reduced Air Polution by reducing the gasses being monitored or Faith Based Executive order when even the Republican Congress refused to violate the 1st Ammendment so he did it personally, or the worst attack against Personal Freedoms since McCarthy, the PATRIOT ACT.

And on and on.

The Bush admin has done NOTHING of value and ahs destroyed anything of value that was done before him.

As I have heard on Air America

http://www.airamericaradio.com/pub/globalDefault.htm

With all of the info out about Bush right now it is no longer simple ignorance, anyone considering voting for Bush at this point is showing a character flaw.

i really couldn't blame bush for 9/11 or the iraq problems. first of all, it was hardly bush's fault a plane hit the twin owers. and as for iraq, he is doing his best to control peace. he fisrt went in there to get rid of suddam, they should have done that when they had the chance, so he realized that, and knew he had to act fast to keep from kiling anymore people under suddam's rule..however he did not know what would unfold because of it. greed my friends, greed. once he rid of suddam's power, many people began to want power over the country, some having much greater influences than others.

the reason bush did not leave when they asked was: 1. he really wanted to help the people from the beginning, so he wanted to stay and rebuild their homes. 2. he did not want america to look weak to anyone. since WWI america has been forced to be the world's superpower, belive it or not. we had the atom bomb, we were the strongest, after hitler's little dance setion, it was obviouse that if any more fighting broke out in the world it had to be stopped immediately or it would escellate to be another world war if it carried on long enough.

once he stayed, things got out of control. people began firing at the u.s. first, and it is under order in the military that if anyone shoots at you, you must return fire for your saftey and the safety of everyone around you. i know, i have 23 family member over there right now, cousins and brothers and many many more.

and bush really has saved everyone in this country quite a bit of money. i've had everyone i know, who gets tax refunds, tell me they got MORE money this year than they have ever made in more then 17 years.

the other guy running for president, he's worthless, he could not last one day doing what bush is doing. bush has alot of choices to make, it afects our entire country, and personally, i think he's ben the best at it in a very long time.

Originally posted by: Freethinker

I thought perhaps that the H was just an imprint from a belt buckle you were wearing.

Yeah, and you thought I were actually going to comment on that, did you? Problem is, I'd lose either way.

Tormod

Originally posted by: CD27

i really couldn't blame bush for 9/11 or the iraq problems. first of all, it was hardly bush's fault a plane hit the twin owers. and as for iraq, he is doing his best to control peace.

Did you read the previous posts about the 9/11 issue in this thread? Rather enlightening stuff.

It's also interesting to note that the world community simply does not support Bush's war in Iraq. The war is pure occupation. So the world was liberated from Saddam Hussein. I wonder - "so what"?

Do you know how many people died in Iraq for the 2 years *prior* to the US invasion, and how many have died *during* the occupation?

Tormod

yes, it is not only me...

when people go over this teen period, they start to realize the truth of the world. as time passes, we will certainly get used to this world. what adults think are really wrong, we actually know a lot more than people expected.

have you ever read "the catcher in the rye"???

i bet you do... not really related...

solutions to this society??

ah~ we cant really do a thing here...people always say like every change in the world is made my people...but, the truth is, it is really unchangable...

sry but... one word, sigh...

yes, any one man can change the world, but no matter what you change it to, some idiot will ruine it for everyone else. imean, here is a very good analogy. i think that a world unified country is a great idea. ithink computer chips on every living person's body is also a fabulus idea. think of how much could be achieved, how many good things can be done to "change" the world. but, sometime down the road, some stupid geedy man will use the one world unification to take taxes to an extreme level, saying "we have al the people in the world to spare, it won't matter, more money for me." and then the computer chip. that could save lives, but some person would use it to track people down and murder them. or to steal money from them. or, if they were good with computers, to even reprogram the chip to control them. it's a very good idea, but someone would use it for wrong and greedy needs.

one mand could change the world for the good, but someone else wil always follow to tear it down, it has never failed.