Science Forums

What would it take to prove the existence of a God?

harmoniouschaos

Veritas, take a hint: You are being warned. Please read our FAQ, especially the point about "How should I behave".

I'll quote it for you: "1. If you make strange claims, please provide proof."

You claim to have an "almost" proof (for what I am not sure). Some of us are trying to tell you that in order to qualify as proof, you need to back it up with something. An "almost" proof is not a proof. It's like toy money - it may look like money but you'd be chased out of a store if you try to use it.

Instead you do what a lot of other people here do: turn the question around and ask "prove that it doesn't". That is simply ignorance. And when you follow it up with a meaningless statement that you "usually search multiple sources for proof backing my faith", it is hard to take you seriously.

What sources? Which faith? Remember, we don't know you.

Your signature says: "There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance."

Then show us some good and stop proving how evil you are.

Tormod

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooh, that hurts my head O,o...Invisible and pink just don't got together at all. Unicorns I can grasp, but somthing both invisible and pink? THis must tbe the infallable one, it contradicts itself yet exists, and created everything too....

Now we're talking!

The sad thing is, now that we have this warm and cuddly feeling, someone will come along and say the The Book of the Pink Unicorn has strange inconsistencies in it, and that someone has done bad things in the name of th P.U., and that the P.U. did not create everything because the Green Squirrel did, and thou shalt have no other Squirrels than the Green one so we are all doomed.

But fear not - when they ask us to prove that the P.U. exists we know what to do. We ask them to prove that it does NOT exist! Yes, I feel the good logic of it all fills me with a desire for, er, almost lambchops.

Tormod

Originally posted by: GAHD

ooh, that hurts my head O,o...Invisible and pink just don't got together at all. Unicorns I can grasp, but somthing both invisible and pink? THis must tbe the infallable one, it contradicts itself yet exists, and created everything too....

Exactly GAHD! We KNOW that the Great IPU has to be real because even Atheists believe in her. No other god myth can say that!

And we have faith that she is pink, BECAUSE she is invisible. And we KNOW she is invisible because we can't see her! Simple logic.

As the Grand High Llama Rich Daniel has proclaimed "Dear Heretic, Only the faithful can see Her. 'Nuff said"

Originally posted by: Freethinker

It's

I. P. U. [/size]

OMIPU...hope this does not mean eternal damnation for me!

But wait...my faith is slightly different than yours. I think perhaps you are an infidel! I am currently writing 99 hypographies which explain why you are wrong and I am correct. I will pin them to my monitor and a Great Schism will occur. The ReFormatting will show that all your ideas were lies.

Because since there can only be ONE Great Invisible P. U. then we do not need to state that it is THE G.I. Pink Unicorn. Or do you imply that there are MORE THAN ONE? Unfaithful dog.

Or whatever. Time for a beer. Seems we lost some of the people who were trying to prove something...almost...

Tormod

Come on, Tormod! Talk about de-railing a topic...

It wasn't started as "I have proof of God". It was "What would it take to prove the existence of a God?".

We saw that for some it would be a huge talking wall of fire, while others might believe in God if a Rapture happened. Nobody has seriously tried to disprove your IPU theory. I think we all get your point. But I didn't think this thread was a "PROVE IT" but instead was a "What would you accept as proof". Maybe I was wrong, huh? Wouldn't be the first time!

Go away Irish! We are expressing worship in the ONLY god in existence, the Great IPU! There is nothing that can PROVE another god as there can not be any other gods since the Great IPU IS the only goddess that exists. That in itself is all the proof anyone would need.

I KNOW this for a fact and nothing anyone can say will prove me wrong or ever make me change my mind.

I have never been as happy as I became once I accepted the Great IPU. Another unarguable proof.

So this discussion is perfectly on topic. This is what it would take to prove a god and we have all the proof right here.

Beside, look how horrible things are in the parts of the world that do not accept and worship the Great IPU! Another absolute proof of the existence of the Great IPU!

Irish, you never did answer my direct question. I am reposting to give you the opportunity to correct your oversite.

Originally posted by: Freethinker

Originally posted by: IrishEyes

Only Christians are selfrighteous enough to make such absurd claims to perfect knowledge.

And again I say "YOU ARE A GOOF"!!!

I don't claim perfect knowledge, but everyone here knows I HAVE IT!! :>P (that was a JOKE!!!)

Seriously, it is statements like the above that leave people feeling personally attacked. Not ALL Christians are 'selfrighteous enough to make absurd claims to perfect knowledge'. In fact, i would say that the ONLY one that can claim PERFECT KNOWLEDGE is GOD, or IPU, or whatever you want to call it! LOL.

Am I going to have to go back and pull your previous quotes. The ones where you specifically say that even though you can not PROVE that your god exists, you KNOW that he DOES. and NOTHING will EVER change that knowledge for you? Please be honest enough to admit you said it so I don't have to waste the time showing everyone that you in fact DID say it. We both KNOW you did.

It is this very thought process which PROVES my point. A Christian will state that they KNOW their god exists whether they can show ANY proof or not. That IS a claim of PERFECT Knowledge.

Or are you going to acknowledge that someone that THINKS there MAY BE a god and it MIGHT fit the Christian def, perhaps including some LIMITED parts of the bible, actually IS a Christian. (And don't use the dodge of "thinks" they are a Christian, IS a Christian)

Or are you willing to admit right here and now, contrary to your earlier posts, that there is every chance in the world that you might be wrong about the very existence of your god? That you do NOT know if there was a god made man we call Jesus on earth some 2,000 years ago. That it COULD all be fiction. And that you DON'T know if you are going to heaven or not?

Or do you have PERFECT KNOWLEDGE and you KNOW your god exists, Jesus was his son here on earth and that knowledge guarantees you will go to heaven.

Which is it? Vote NOW!

1) Jesus, the Christian god and his heaven could all be fairytales

2) I have perfect knowledge that the Christian god is real and the only god there is and Jesus was his son here on earth and I am going to heaven.

Which is it? Vote NOW!

1) Jesus, the Christian god and his heaven could all be fairytales

2) I have perfect knowledge that the Christian god is real and the only god there is and Jesus was his son here on earth and I am going to heaven.