Science Forums

Does the government have more advanced science or technology?

malform11

On a recent episode of "Family Guy" Joe talked about how the government has always been ahead of us. He talked about the amazing science and technology that the general public has, and pondered that the government must have some really amazing stuff we don't know about.

TNT, atomic energy , and many other scientific advances helped to win wars.

When it comes to the understanding of antimatter and dark matter, and the orderly workings of the universe, I believe that the government of the USA is keeping the public in the dark. They fear that some good person or evil person or country will use a better understanding of science to create some weaponry that will put their power in danger.

I have reached this conclusion after decades of research and non-discussions on the internet. At every forum there are a dozen people that are brilliant enough to deconstruct any possibility of a real unbiased scientific discussion, yet also play dumb to the most basic science concepts. It is Crimestop as predicted by Orwell.

Crimestop means the faculty of stopping short, as though by instinct, at the threshold of any dangerous thought. It includes the power of not grasping analogies, of failing to perceive logical errors, of misunderstanding the simplest arguments if they are inimical to Ingsoc, and of being bored or repelled by any train of thought which is capable of leading in a heretical direction. Crimestop, in short, means protective stupidity.

Posting images from Hubble, quotes by NASA, proven science, all dismissed as "against the mainstream" if it [reality] seems to contradict big bang theory. The normal scientific testing theory with observation, asking prudent questions, is out the window. Just like religion; you believe, you don't question.

I understand how the universe works, it is nowhere near as complicated as they make it sound. A high school student good in science could understand it. People generally believe what they have been told all their life; that the big bang theory was proved, and universally accepted. The internet has thousands of crackpot alternate theories who's real intention is to mock those whose ask prudent questions, and bury the whole idea of questioning big bang theory. Those with a real explanation are buried under a mountain of nonsense and are never to be seen by more than a handful at some forum for a limited time.

No big deal. The lives of nobody will get better if they actually understood the universe.

On 1/27/2023 at 1:53 AM, malform11 said:

On a recent episode of "Family Guy" Joe talked about how the government has always been ahead of us. He talked about the amazing science and technology that the general public has, and pondered that the government must have some really amazing stuff we don't know about.

TNT, atomic energy , and many other scientific advances helped to win wars.

When it comes to the understanding of antimatter and dark matter, and the orderly workings of the universe, I believe that the government of the USA is keeping the public in the dark. They fear that some good person or evil person or country will use a better understanding of science to create some weaponry that will put their power in danger.

I have reached this conclusion after decades of research and non-discussions on the internet. At every forum there are a dozen people that are brilliant enough to deconstruct any possibility of a real unbiased scientific discussion, yet also play dumb to the most basic science concepts. It is Crimestop as predicted by Orwell.

Crimestop means the faculty of stopping short, as though by instinct, at the threshold of any dangerous thought. It includes the power of not grasping analogies, of failing to perceive logical errors, of misunderstanding the simplest arguments if they are inimical to Ingsoc, and of being bored or repelled by any train of thought which is capable of leading in a heretical direction. Crimestop, in short, means protective stupidity.

Posting images from Hubble, quotes by NASA, proven science, all dismissed as "against the mainstream" if it [reality] seems to contradict big bang theory. The normal scientific testing theory with observation, asking prudent questions, is out the window. Just like religion; you believe, you don't question.

I understand how the universe works, it is nowhere near as complicated as they make it sound. A high school student good in science could understand it. People generally believe what they have been told all their life; that the big bang theory was proved, and universally accepted. The internet has thousands of crackpot alternate theories who's real intention is to mock those whose ask prudent questions, and bury the whole idea of questioning big bang theory. Those with a real explanation are buried under a mountain of nonsense and are never to be seen by more than a handful at some forum for a limited time.

No big deal. The lives of nobody will get better if they actually understood the universe.

I think that the goverment does have more advanced technology than the standard person due to the fact they have trillions of dollars to spend on such technology, Money allows many things to be possible in real life usually the more it costs the more advanced it is just as a 200 dollar laptop versus a 2000 dollar laptop.

200 dollar laptop example, link = https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-14-0-laptop-intel-celeron-n4500-4gb-memory-128gb-emmc-star-black/6498803.p?skuId=6498803&ref=212&loc=1&extStoreId=2501&ref=212&loc=1&gclid=CjwKCAiArNOeBhAHEiwAze_nKMmE_l6BfojMSZxQf6KSQiU9mDzRRWlreiTNOH6MDhPVz8Jcz2IJ0RoCFgwQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

2000 dollar laptop example, link = https://www.bestbuy.com/site/razer-blade-14-14-gaming-laptop-fhd-144hz-amd-ryzen-9-6900hx-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-16gb-ram-1tb-ssd-black/6527460.p?skuId=6527460&ref=212&loc=1&gclid=CjwKCAiArNOeBhAHEiwAze_nKPpD4HOymYX-4YSZoP77iUQ_ozmS8E160ZHiiUmM13SqS81PJYVOEBoCIqsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Edited by Vmedvil

• 4 weeks later...

So we are getting our science from cartoons these days... Really? 

Futurama has about twenty people on staff that are top physicist, engineers, programmers, certainly smarter and more informed than you.

The reason I quote TV is because most people on social media try like hell to argue against things that they know nothing about. If they haven't heard about it, it is not a thing. (There are a great many things under the heaven than are included in their philosophy.)

Referencing TV makes these people comfortable; they always believe what they hear on TV, and usually stop trying to make it look like you are from Pluto with some bogus fact or idea that never occurred to any normal clothed person.

But you even twist that around, the reference itself is your excuse to blanket condemn my words. And you wonder why other people know so many things that you don't. You had another chance to learn but chose to work on your deconstruction skills.

20 hours ago, malform11 said:

Futurama has about twenty people on staff that are top physicist, engineers, programmers, certainly smarter and more informed than you.

The reason I quote TV is because most people on social media try like hell to argue against things that they know nothing about. If they haven't heard about it, it is not a thing. (There are a great many things under the heaven than are included in their philosophy.)

Referencing TV makes these people comfortable; they always believe what they hear on TV, and usually stop trying to make it look like you are from Pluto with some bogus fact or idea that never occurred to any normal clothed person.

But you even twist that around, the reference itself is your excuse to blanket condemn my words. And you wonder why other people know so many things that you don't. You had another chance to learn but chose to work on your deconstruction skills.

I said what I did because cartoons are not a viable source no matter who they have on staff. A cartoon "staff" has no reason to follow scientific rigor and only serves to make things sound sciency. 

7 hours ago, zacariah88 said:

We have always been getting our sciecne (sic) from cartoons that is why it works sometimes.

There is a lot of truth in that.

255px-Dt2wrr.jpg

From Wiki: "On January 13, 1946,[6] the two-Way Wrist Radio was introduced; it would become one of the strip's most immediately recognizable icons. This radio wristwatch, worn by Tracy and members of the police force, inspired Martin Cooper's invention of the mobile phone and may have inspired later smartwatches.[7] The two-Way Wrist Radio was upgraded to a two-Way Wrist TV in 1964.[8] This development also led to the introduction of an important supporting character, Diet Smith, an eccentric industrialist who financed the development of this equipment. In a conspicuous coincidence, the idea of a radio built into a wristwatch played an important role in The Adventures of Superman radio series storyline, "Superman – The Talking Cat," broadcast on the Mutual Broadcasting System from January 9 through 28, 1946 (episodes 878 through 891)."