Science Forums

The Fountain of Life: Scientists Uncover the “Chemistry Behind the Origin of Life”

Vmedvil5

1 hour ago, JeffreysTubes8 said:

Which is not random mutation it’s selective, for instance I changed my somatotype by creating necessity. My genes didn’t do it. My mind recognized hunger and the cells reorganized the fat to feed the body through nerve cell recipiency to the brain which controls genetic changes apparently. 

Jeffrey, you need to go a little deeper into the human biome to understand how it all works.

Please watch this video and marvel at the individual that is more bacterial than human!

Bacteria have no brains!  But they do have microtubules.

6 minutes ago, JeffreysTubes8 said:

And with this, you've just shown that you're ignoring facts. The hemispheres are objectively inversely proportional to the nerves throughout skeletal muscle as far as communication goes. That's a fact. 

You do no understand the term symmetry or chirality. They meen the "exact mirror copy" of each other .

i.e. left and right handed.  The bicameral brain is not a mirror image of two lobes.

Despite its superficial appearance of symmetry, the vertebrate brain is functionally asymmetrical, and there are structural asymmetries in its substructure (e.g., in neuronal connections and neurotransmitters).

https://www.mdpi.com/2073-8994/7/4/2181#

3 hours ago, JeffreysTubes8 said:

Equilibrium -a state in which opposing forces or influences are balanced

But that does not necessarily imply symmetry or chiralty.  

You can have a balanced scale with 1 lb of dough at one side and 1lb of lead at the other side. Nothing symmetrical about that, other than weight equilibrium between two totally different molecular patterns. 

Edited by write4u

2 hours ago, JeffreysTubes8 said:

And with this, you've just shown that you're ignoring facts. The hemispheres are objectively inversely proportional to the nerves throughout skeletal muscle as far as communication goes. That's a fact. 

Show some evidence other than your own baseless assertions please! 

7 minutes ago, atomsmasher said:

River erosion is caused by extremely heavy water runoff from melting ice caps. 

Not necessarily most, erosion is simply caused by rain water, I grew up on a river, i saw this every time it rained.  Over much time this effect can cause huge amounts of erosion. 

Edited by Moontanman

8 minutes ago, atomsmasher said:

All I get are two options

Then you not doing it correct, when you answer this, quote me and so to the top right of the box, there should be a menu there. It ranges from a large B at the top left to a page with a magnifying glass on it at the top right. Before you begin to type simply push the tab that says Size, it only two icons to the right from the magnifying glass icon. You are trying to push the icon after you post, you need to do this before you post. 

Edited by Moontanman

7 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

Not necessarily most, erosion is simply caused by rain water, I grew up on a river, i saw this every time it rained.  

The discussion is, “what caused the Grand Canyon”?

My answer is the heavy water runoff from the northern ice cap melting

Yes. Earth has experienced cold periods (or “ice ages”) and warm periods (“interglacials”) on roughly 100,000-year cycles for at least the last 1 million years. The last of these ices ended around 20,000 years ago.

Hasn't Earth warmed and cooled naturally throughout history? | NOAA Climate.gov

Earth has been a snowball and a hothouse at different times in its past. So if the climate changed before humans, how can we be sure we’re responsible for the dramatic warming that’s happening today?

How Earth’s Climate Changes Naturally (and Why Things Are Different Now) | Quanta Magazine

Edited by atomsmasher

4 minutes ago, atomsmasher said:

The discussion is, “what caused the Grand Canyon”?

My answer is the heavy water runoff from the northern ice cap melting

Yes. Earth has experienced cold periods (or “ice ages”) and warm periods (“interglacials”) on roughly 100,000-year cycles for at least the last 1 million years. The last of these ices ended around 20,000 years ago.

Hasn't Earth warmed and cooled naturally throughout history? | NOAA Climate.gov

Earth has been a snowball and a hothouse at different times in its past. So if the climate changed before humans, how can we be sure we’re responsible for the dramatic warming that’s happening today?

How Earth’s Climate Changes Naturally (and Why Things Are Different Now) | Quanta Magazine

You are missing the point, yes run off from ice caps has eroded the environment but most erosion over vast periods of time was due to rain run off. You seem to be expecting this to happen over night. BTW this is to hell and gone from the OP, if you want to pursue your ideas about how the grand canyon was formed you need to start a thread on it. 

Edited by Moontanman