Science Forums

New to Forum

johnkwhite

What drew me to this forum site was a question which emerged from googling regarding a poll on intelligent design with two "no" answers. (I am researching the question for a piece I am preparing.) I was impressed by that succinct commentary and posted a response to it, but ended up intruding into someone's ongoing posting dialog with another. My apologies for that.

johnkwhite

welcome aboard, john! If you're looking for a hot, emotionally charged debate, the intelligent design threads are the place to be, and you'll find pretty much every varying opinion you can think of manifested in our diverse members. And, some of those threads can get very long (and sometimes morph into unrelated topics) so don't worry about "intruding" on a discussion, because it happens all the time. :rolleyes:

welcome aboard, john!

Thanks! You all have been great. The admin/moderators have made me welcome and are not hesitant in orienting me, which is always a relief to me.

I have only recently become intrigued by the ID debate and the deep waters it is stirring in folks who think about it. To me, that is the most interesting aspect of the debate. (Few people become emotionally involved in an 11-D superstring vs supergravity debate until the idea of ID is brought up in that context. And then, all ad hominem breaks loose.) For example, I have been crosschecking a recent article in Nature, September 1, 2005, http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v437/n7055/pdf/nature04072.pdf, against science news articles, ID articles, and creationist articles and it is amazing to me the differing emphasis and understanding some give to it. Hopefully, the deeper meaning of the ID debate, will become a lot clearer to me.

thanks again

jkw