Science Forums

Spirit!

Csongor

Othervice I'm serious. For my New Nasa project I only have 2 question to answer.

First: How we could be able to create an independent, new spirit. No probs with a materialised body.

Second: Actually no second. Just if we do so, should we create any higher entity for the new system as, well, or we just leave them alone, there.

Csongor

: )

I think the spirit of a human being is that intangible force that is born out of human imagination and drives an individual who perceives it into a state of mind that is specific to an individual.This state of mind may strenghen or weaken or create desirable/undesirable influences.

I don't think spirit exists anywhere else than the human mind itself.

To make it true. I'm talking about human spirit, as well as human soul.

Both really intresting, if are able to describe them, and probably theoretically create one, after all we are able to create any new unexisted extraterrestrial life, somewhere at the future.

This is the point to talk about, and describe the factors wich could make this possible.

: )

Csongor

• 2 weeks later...

The soul is analogous to our memory. The spirit animates the soul. The spirit are biochemical potentials that trigger the animation of memory. For example, hunger is a biochemical potential within the blood and CS fluid (limbic system potentials) that animates particular memory organization connected to images of food, gathering food, processing food, eating food, etc. The ancients saw these dynamics as an exterior will or spirit that compelled or animated them to hunt and gather. Sometimes long rituals would be required to induced the needed biochemical potentials.

Human spirit would be a biochemical potential connected to natural instinctive and limbic potentials but induced by the ego. Hunger can induces images of food, while images of food can induce hunger. The ego uses memory to induce biochemical potential at will. The biochemical potential may stemmed from complex memory organization like ideals that induce a particular biochemical potential, i.e., limbic-hypothalmus. Through the interaction betwen the ego and the potential the memory grid is programmed to the potential. Eventually it can gain a life of its own, like an instinctive potential, that will impelled the ego and help the ego interact with the environment in an organized way. The sayings hunger for knowledge, thirst for wisdom, desire for truth, etc,. may tell us something about the biochemical potentials that needed for association.

Addicted behavior sets up a loop within the brain where say desire for something induces the image of the goal and the dynamics needed to achieve the goal of desire. The human spirit works in a similar way, in that positive goals become addictions, where we become compelled toward satisfaction of desire. Where the addiction and human spirit differ is that human spirit is not always able to achieve the goal of desire as easy as addiction. We must periodically visualize the goal and renew the biochemical potential or desire, day after day, until we reach a level of satisfaction that we need.

…Does anyone help me to find, how we are able to create a new spirit, and just try to describe…
With anything, it’s usually best to try to describe it first, before considering how to create it.

With “spirit”, describing – or defining - it is sure to be a big challenge. As with any processes of description and distinction, its necessary at various steps to choose between mutually exclusive properties. With “spirit”, I think the first big choice is this:

1. Is “spirit” a substance that can exist independently of its “mortal shell” (a human body), that has a real, measurable effect on the physical universe, like what dduckwessel is describing,
    or
  2. is it a kind of information, a description of the arrangement of the physical parts comprising a living human body, like what HydrogenBond, and, I think, Csongor is saying

If you chose the first, your first task is to design experiments to validate your choice. You have to somehow collect some spirit-substance, and measure it. Fictional works like Shelly’s “Frankenstein” and Lovecraft’s “Reanimator” describe scientific experiments along these lines, though, or course, they do so in a sensational, fictional manner. There are a few real experiments in the scientific literature, the most famous being Dr. Duncan MacDougall’s experiments around 1907, which claimed to measure the average weight of the human soul of 21 grams. As the linked-to article points out, thought these claims are widely refuted, and have not been acceptable reproduced by other experimenters.

If you choose the second, your first task is to design experiments examining the structure of the parts of the human body responsible for living processes associated with “spirit” – most likely, the brain. There is a huge amount of scientific literature about this.

Most likely, you’ll follow the “spirit is information” path. One intriguing possibility for “creating a spirit” of this kind is to, informed by your knowledge of the informational structure of it in a human body, model something similar on a computer. Success in this would be considered success in “hard” artificial intelligence.

It’ll almost certainly be a lot of hard work, and likely require a lot of formal education, with no guarantee of eventual success. Good luck.

Your answer is really intresting, and entertaining as well.....By the way you really wellcomme to think a litle more together, and find out more technical factors, wich is predestinate any kind of existing "spirit"

Still many people scared to write about this, we can, but to make it easier, I think we can think of an independent, simple, unknown entity first, and just look at real humans as examples....

My whole plan, to scretch a future project, where we find all the elements for to create an other, system far away from the earth......

For this one, we need to describe the possible ways, to create new kind of living beings there....

Csongor

With anything, it’s usually best to try to describe it first, before considering how to create it.

With “spirit”, describing – or defining - it is sure to be a big challenge. As with any processes of description and distinction, its necessary at various steps to choose between mutually exclusive properties. With “spirit”, I think the first big choice is this:

1. Is “spirit” a substance that can exist independently of its “mortal shell” (a human body), that has a real, measurable effect on the physical universe, like what dduckwessel is describing,
    or
  2. is it a kind of information, a description of the arrangement of the physical parts comprising a living human body, like what HydrogenBond, and, I think, Csongor is saying

If you chose the first, your first task is to design experiments to validate your choice. You have to somehow collect some spirit-substance, and measure it. Fictional works like Shelly’s “Frankenstein” and Lovecraft’s “Reanimator” describe scientific experiments along these lines, though, or course, they do so in a sensational, fictional manner. There are a few real experiments in the scientific literature, the most famous being Dr. Duncan MacDougall’s experiments around 1907, which claimed to measure the average weight of the human soul of 21 grams. As the linked-to article points out, thought these claims are widely refuted, and have not been acceptable reproduced by other experimenters.

If you choose the second, your first task is to design experiments examining the structure of the parts of the human body responsible for living processes associated with “spirit” – most likely, the brain. There is a huge amount of scientific literature about this.

Most likely, you’ll follow the “spirit is information” path. One intriguing possibility for “creating a spirit” of this kind is to, informed by your knowledge of the informational structure of it in a human body, model something similar on a computer. Success in this would be considered success in “hard” artificial intelligence.

It’ll almost certainly be a lot of hard work, and likely require a lot of formal education, with no guarantee of eventual success. Good luck.