Science Forums

Claimed Time Travel Device

We have all heard about people claiming to be time travelers the following picture is a time travel device posted by one of them, do you think it would actually transfer matter backward in time?

Time-Machine-Photo.jpg

To me it just looks like a bunch of parts from a computer and several other devices all jammed together, however if it is truly a time traveling device it needs to be reverse engineered. Despite the fact that it could very easily to be a fake I will add it to the archives on Time Travel. I enter into evidence the "Claimed Time Travel Device Picture: Article 592", to the Scienceforums.com archives on time travel and interdimensional travel.

Signed: Academician Victor Medvil

Note: It is of the most importance that we discover how to time travel to further our goals, this article is given a high priority for reverse engineering. 

Edited by VictorMedvil

• Vmedvil2 changed the title to Claimed Time Travel Device
6 hours ago, VictorMedvil said:

o me it just looks like a bunch of parts from a computer and several other devices all jammed together, however if it is truly a time traveling device it needs to be reverse engineered. Despite the fact that it could very easily to be a fake I will add it to the archives on Time Travel. I enter into evidence the "Claimed Time Travel Device Picture: Article 592", to the Scienceforums.com archives on time travel and interdimensional travel.

If this device can travel to a time before it was assembled how could one come back.

This question is based on the experiment performed by a Japanese student, who wanted to test if he could travelback in time and kill himself with a pisto. 

He loaded his pistol and went back in time, but found that in the past he had not yet loaded the pistol and was unable to kill himself.....😂

Edited by write4u

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I should first point out that time travel IS possible, provided certain modifiers have been met, like having access to quantum computing, very high levels of energy, and being close to a singularity helps. Take for instance the event horizon of a supermassive black hole; approach closely enough in an orbital trajectory and your time will pass slower than all the rest of the universe outside the reach of the singularity's event horizon (barring ACTUAL time travelers and the attendant folds in time which are created by their activities across the space-time continuum). Thus it follows that if every action has a separate and opposite RE-action, then perhaps there is a way to simulate said quantum field and use it to twist spacetime in the opposite direction as what would happen in an orbit around a singularity, caught in it's space-time 'wrinkle'. 

HOWEVER, considering the amount of energy required to approach AND get into orbit within a singularity's event horizon (without a time-altering device), I would have to say that at least twice that amount of energy or more would be needed to time travel even a few seconds into the future or the past. Likely the energy amount needed for a given civilization to achieve a Type 3+ Kardashev civilization or greater. 

Smaller experiments in time distortion can be achieved here in our own spacetime, given certain practices and methods are followed. Take Hafele and Keating's experiment in 1971, when they took identical atomic clocks onto commercial airliners in the opposite directions around the earth in a time dilation theory project. Two opposite effects were observed, when compared to the third clock, kept at the US Naval Observatory. 

Possible? Absolutely.
Dangerous? Definitely.
Will these experiments possibly create a rift in spacetime and destroy the universe or at least just us humans?  

.......quite possibly. lol

EDIT: The Keating/Hafele experiment is easily simulated on a laptop from the early 2000's.

Edited by Rasti

On 3/27/2021 at 2:33 PM, write4u said:

If this device can travel to a time before it was assembled how could one come back.

This is an example of a spacetime rift. Humans only assume they understand the nature of spacetime. Take again the example of the event horizon; would the humans who stood on that event horizon disappear after going back to earth to find all they had loved and cherished had aged-out and become extinct? Or would they arrive there, dust off their memories and say their goodbyes, then move on? 

I believe it would be the latter. Unless some very important timeline event was altered, the mass, energy and matter of the objects going forward or backward in time would remain unaltered for the most part, aside from what natural time passage is allowed within the spacetime bubble created with the time travel device. Because remember; time travel is as much about spacetime as it is about matter and teleportation. thus it follows that even for a small amount of matter, an AMAZING amount of energy would be needed to deconstruct/reconstruct said matter at point of origin/point of arrival. 

Thus far, only single atomic particles have been transported vast distances by scientists around the world. A great example is: https://jqi.umd.edu/news/first-teleportation-between-distant-atoms

they were already using AMAZING amounts of energy for ONE FREAKING ATOM.

We are a long way from understanding quantum entanglements as a species. FAAAAAAARRR....

2 minutes ago, write4u said:

Seems to me from the example, if I look into a mirror I observe all my atoms being being teleported into another dimension without any loss......😒

To time travel requires both a distortion of time, AND the transport of your matter - and all matter attached/required - to the destination. You would not want to arrive naked would you?

14 minutes ago, write4u said:
How's this?  The teleportation is instantaneous across several time zones ! 

Ugh..... another video game video. 😕

Look dood, want me to discuss things with you? COOL, but I have some requirements:
☼ Any links posted must be from an academic or peer-reviewed journal.
☼ Stay on topic. Sloppy segues into unrelated or ridiculous subjects will be ignored.
☼ If you back your theories up with hard sciences, I will engage your topic FULLY.

That will be all.....

3 hours ago, Rasti said:

Ugh..... another video game video. 😕
That will be all.....

This is not from another video game. 

I'm sure you recognized Brian Greene in that little clip which was first shown in the NOVA series of "The Elegant Universe".  I admit this was only a demonstration of how entanglement might be used for teleportation. But if you are not familiar with Brian Greene:

Prof. Brian Greene, author of “The Elegant Universe” will show you the right way to time travel as he joins Faith in a discussion of the underlying science of time travel and clears up some time travel myths like, is it ok to interact with your younger self while time traveling? (Turns out, it’s OKAY.)

Edited by write4u

Greene posits the notion that, even if you could travel to a past time, you might not be able to change it as you are still in your own chronological bubble where time goes forward., i.e. You become an observer of past time, while you still exist in your present time.  A paradox.

Else you would be getting to a quantum threshold where your curved present spacetime joins with past spacetime and you either cease to exist as a quantum object or can only act as an observer of past conditions, somewhat similar to what we can do today when we observe distant stars that may no longer exist in space but arrive for our observation in time.

p.s. I am not a dood and my interest in science is genuine. I may have some unorthodox perspectives, but hopefully that only serves to make the thread more interesting. 

At least I am responding and have not yet seen any others express interest in the subject.

p.p.s. if the time travel of a single atom takes amazing amount of energy, imagine that when  another spacetime universe joins up with a prior spacetime universe, the result might be a BB ?   Isn't that contained in Brane theory?

Edited by write4u

On 4/7/2021 at 4:12 AM, write4u said:

Greene posits the notion that, even if you could travel to a past time, you might not be able to change it as you are still in your own chronological bubble where time goes forward., i.e. You become an observer of past time, while you still exist in your present time.  A paradox.

Else you would be getting to a quantum threshold where your curved present spacetime joins with past spacetime and you either cease to exist as a quantum object or can only act as an observer of past conditions, somewhat similar to what we can do today when we observe distant stars that may no longer exist in space but arrive for our observation in time.

p.s. I am not a dood and my interest in science is genuine. I may have some unorthodox perspectives, but hopefully that only serves to make the thread more interesting. 

At least I am responding and have not yet seen any others express interest in the subject.

p.p.s. if the time travel of a single atom takes amazing amount of energy, imagine that when  another spacetime universe joins up with a prior spacetime universe, the result might be a BB ?   Isn't that contained in Brane theory?

This is sheer crackpottery, I can tell you have absolutely no understanding of either String Theory or General/Special Relativity. If you read about these subjects you will truly understand how this actually works.

Edited by VictorMedvil

2 hours ago, VictorMedvil said:

If you read about these subjects you will truly understand how this actually works.

If you have read about these subjects and have gained deep understanding of its content, why don't you tell me. Isn't this what the forum is for?

I reject any and all posts that start with "you don't know what you're talking about" without explaining where the logic fails.  Suppose I retort that you don't know what you are talking about? Where does that leave us?

Edited by write4u

6 minutes ago, write4u said:

If you have read about these subjects and have gained deep understanding of its content, why don't you tell me. Isn't this what the forum is for?

I reject any and all posts that start with "you don't know what you're talking about" without explaining where the logic fails.  Suppose I retort that you don't know what you are talking about? Where does that leave us?

I simply don't have the time to spoon feed you these topics, refer to the physics lectures I posted back in 2019 along with this thread(https://www.scienceforums.com/topic/36795-youtube-physics-degree-list/).

3 minutes ago, VictorMedvil said:

I simply don't have the time to spoon feed you these topics, refer to the physics lectures I posted back in 2019 along with this thread(https://www.scienceforums.com/topic/36795-youtube-physics-degree-list/).

Wonderful! Thank you!  This will save me a lot of time hunting for reliable information on the internet. I'll get back with you......☺️

3 hours ago, Rasti said:

Write4u..... YouTube videos, without any academic citation, are just conjecture.

I guess you are not familiar with Brian Greene then?  Would you lend yourself to crackpottery?  Why do you expect other physicists to commit crackpottery?

Brian Greene

Brian Greene
Brian Greene, February 28, 2012.jpg
Brian Greene, February 28, 2012
Born
Brian Randolph Greene

February 9, 1963 (age 58)
Nationality American
Alma mater Harvard University (BA)
Magdalen College, Oxford (D.Phil)
Known for String theory
The Elegant Universe
The Fabric of the Cosmos
The Hidden Reality
Spouse(s) Tracy Day
Awards Andrew Gemant Award (2003)
Scientific career
Fields Physics
Institutions Cornell University
Columbia University
Doctoral advisor Graham G. Ross
James Binney

Brian Randolph Greene[1] (born February 9, 1963) is an American theoretical physicistmathematician, and string theorist. Greene was a physics professor at Cornell University from 1990-1995, and has been a professor at Columbia University since 1996 and chairman of the World Science Festival since co-founding it in 2008. Greene has worked on mirror symmetry, relating two different Calabi–Yau manifolds (concretely, relating the conifold to one of its orbifolds). He also described the flop transition, a mild form of topology change, showing that topology in string theory can change at the conifold point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Greene