Science Forums

Time Travel Proven Possible

Vmedvil2

It's a shame the article does not actually support the claim of the headline, then I noticed it was from FOX.. Nuff Said.

Math DOES NOT equal reality, this 'math' does not prove anything at all, all it says is that the grandfather paradox is not a paradox. 

Time travel is not possible AT ALL, the future and the past do NOT exist in any way shape of form. you can even argue that temporal time does not exist at all! and we live in a universe that only contains spatial time, otherwise known as spacetime (the time you get from having space = space 'derived' time).

You can space travel, and you can even spacetime travel, but you cannot time travel. 

If you went back in time 1 second, what would you think you would see? the universe 1 second ago? NO. You would see NOTHING at all, the ONLY thing in that entire universe is YOU. Nothing else, not even space and time (except what you took with you), if you went back 1 second YOU would be the universe. 

Now I'm ranting !! sorry bout that.. 

SO the 'math' they talk about here is simply the statement "no matter what you do, the future will still be the same!".

11 minutes ago, Mutex said:

It's a shame the article does not actually support the claim of the headline, then I noticed it was from FOX.. Nuff Said.

Math DOES NOT equal reality, this 'math' does not prove anything at all, all it says is that the grandfather paradox is not a paradox. 

Time travel is not possible AT ALL, the future and the past do NOT exist in any way shape of form. you can even argue that temporal time does not exist at all! and we live in a universe that only contains spatial time, otherwise known as spacetime (the time you get from having space = space 'derived' time).

You can space travel, and you can even spacetime travel, but you cannot time travel. 

If you went back in time 1 second, what would you think you would see? the universe 1 second ago? NO. You would see NOTHING at all, the ONLY thing in that entire universe is YOU. Nothing else, not even space and time (except what you took with you), if you went back 1 second YOU would be the universe. 

SO the 'math' they talk about here is simply the statement "no matter what you do, the future will still be the same!".

If a bear craps in the woods who cares? That's about what your opinion amounts to mutex.

11 minutes ago, VictorMedvil said:

If a bear craps in the woods who cares? That's about what your opinion amounts to mutex.

At least I'm not dribbling on about strong nuclear force doing Fourier transforms on the quantum wave function, special and general relativity and some other pointless terms such that you might sort of sound like you actually have the slightest clue what you are talking about.

(and the bear cares, because he is a care bear).

Great find Victor!

From what I have researched for the last few years Past, Present and Future are always all going on at the same time. And it has even been shown that you can even go to a million years in the past through remote viewing. This is just one example:

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00788R001900760001-9.pdf

Although through remote viewing you can only see to a certain point in the future and it is hazy because there are so many timelines that can be taken and we are never fixed on just one. So when we get the means to time travel with the whole body if the black ops military don't do it already, It will be easier to pinpoint the past but going to the future it will be almost impossible to fall on the exact timeline we want. Also if you go in the past and try to change it for example stopping JFK from getting shot it will just start a new timeline to a new future point from their and not change this timeline. This is all I have gathered so far through my research. Take it or leave it.

2 hours ago, Mutex said:

Mutex I think you are stuck in the old ways of thinking. Don't you know when you believe something can't be done it can't. As soon as the human race knows something can be done and believes it can be done it will be done. The problem is believing that something is impossible. At one time it was thought to be impossible for humans to fly. And guess what, Now planes are flying around everyday. So don't be a Debbie downer and expand your consciousness and stop living off the old beliefs. But then again, I guess they you can't teach and old dog new tricks.😄

I guess they you can't teach and old dog new tricks.😄

But old dogs know the best tricks!

(you can believe whatever you like it does not make it true, you can also believe that anything is possible, I will believe that too as soon as you can show it to be the case. )

Here I am thinking this is a serious science forum !! 🙄

7 hours ago, Mutex said:

(you can believe whatever you like it does not make it true, you can also believe that anything is possible, I will believe that too as soon as you can show it to be the case. )

It might be possible to make it a serious forum. 

If the mods think that's a worthwhile objective then maybe the can come up with a solution to deal with Thoth and the other crazies.

1 minute ago, montgomery said:

It might be possible to make it a serious forum. 

If the mods think that's a worthwhile objective then maybe the can come up with a solution to deal with Thoth and the other crazies.

It's a difficult line to walk, clearly this forum is a response to physics forum, the problem with those forums is their strictness, even with serious commentary they will just remove everything except the current dogma. 

That's why I do not bother with them at all,  but where do you draw the line?

I have a model of relativity that is different than the common thinking on the subject, (I think that space is flat and not curved or warped, and it has a fundamental length property).

But me posting on those other forums would be deleted, even though it is a complete justified model and supports what we observe about relativity. 

Here I can at least put it out there, and if someone wants to try to get their head around how I am looking at the problems, and discuss it that is good.

Thoth is pretty 'out there', but at least for me he has an interesting perspective, might be just a phase he is going through!

But I know where you are coming from. 

15 minutes ago, Mutex said:

It's a difficult line to walk, clearly this forum is a response to physics forum, the problem with those forums is their strictness, even with serious commentary they will just remove everything except the current dogma. 

I have a model of relativity that is different than the common thinking on the subject, (I think that space is flat and not curved or warped, and it has a fundamental length property).

But me posting on those other forums would be deleted, even though it is a complete justified model and supports what we observe about relativity. 

Here I can at least put it out there, and if someone wants to try to get their head around how I am looking at the problems, and discuss it that is good.

Thoth is pretty 'out there', but at least for me he has an interesting perspective, might be just a phase he is going through!

Yeah I get what you're trying to say. Something along the lines of what you're trying to do is a long way from Thoth's nonsense conspiracy theories. He's got a lot of heart inversted in it so there's likely no chance of him coming back to reality. It's entertaining sometimes!

For you: You are facing a lack of acceptance by those you consider your peers on some other science forums. You might be able to get that here but you have to consider who you accept as peers. Accepting a batshit crazy conspiracy theorist isn't doing yourself any favours.

Everybody on this board who are mentally stable could help by telling him he's lost it. That wouldn't drive him off and lose the traffic the forum needs but it 'would' likely cause him to think twice before going off into never-never land.

16 hours ago, Mutex said:

Old dogs also can't move very well to do the best tricks.😄

Victor provided you with links and time travel is already and well documented by using Remote Viewing.

Science is: the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

If we all thought like you we would still be running around on Horses.

Here is from Scientific America: https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/according-to-current-phys/

13 hours ago, Mutex said:

This is one of the few places left that are not being censored. I believe freedom of speech and freedom of thought is a great thing. So I am very thankful for this forum and we should all be. I do wish more people would come on here. I have told many people to come here. The problem I heard is they can't go on the forum on their phones. I am like gosh, doesn't anybody use an actual computer anymore? Maybe this new update on the forum will hopefully make it easier for the lazy people to come on here with their phones.😄 I have aleready seen an uptake of more people coming on here since the forum was updated.🙂