Science Forums

Selling Microsoft as Open Source...

...is not a wise idea.

A Connecticut man known on the Internet as "illwill" pleaded guilty in Manhattan federal court on Monday to charges relating to the theft of the source code to Microsoft Corp.'s Windows operating software, considered among the company's crown jewels.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050830/ap_on_hi_te/microsoft_source_code

He faces up to 10 years in prison. :evil:

beleive me, this is nothing compared to what i went through with my english teachers... I remember an essay that i wrote that was about 3 sentences long, and it was over a page and a half long, and there were 3 words outlined that are yet to make their way to have a meaning in English language... All but one of my english teachers did not understand why i just dont write like normal people and follow all the rules, even though i might know them, so i consider her to be my most favorite teacher, her class was the only time i got a 100 in a quarter in english in my entire life...

Wut a mooving storee :eek2:...

:D

I know what you're talking about alex :)...

I had a Physics teacher that would give me a 100% on tests that I would never show work on, and he threatened the class repeatedly to fail anyone who did that... The guy knew how I worked... and accepted it :).

...Although he did threaten to kill me 7 times and flipped me off once ;). (I'm not kidding either, I kept count ;)) This, and his cheery disposition (:D), made him my favorite teacher ever... It's teachers like these that will impact you for the rest of your life, in a good way :D.