Science Forums

Hello.......what else could i say...

dirty.deeds

How do all...I'm mark..i suppose i should give you the sp on yours truely.........I'm from the u.k,born and bred in the east end,support fulham ,am an engineer on the tools and crayons aswell in motors and planes,generally eat rubies and get mashed on vodka and redbull...love my motors,beemers and merc's,hate ferrari's with a passion aswell as that yank muck(apart from the 455's and 351's )........have fantastic hindsight,but the foresight is a bit rubbish..say it as i see it and wear my heart on my sleeve........i also have rip the mick a lot.. lol......... :eek_big:

(I'll translate that into american for you.....LOL..)

Hello ,I'm mark..I should tell you about myself.....I'm from the u.k,i was born and grew up in bethnal green london, I support fulham football club,I am employed as a design and mech engineer in the automotive aswell as the aerospace industry,I eat curries(an indian meal ) and have more than the occasional drink of vodka watered down 50/50 with redbull energy drink..I have an obsession about the bmw M5,B10 bi-turbo and ACschnitzer S5, my mercedes AMG sl 500 and toyota supra,i owned a 328 gts ferrari and hated everyminute of it and i am not into american cars unless they have a 455 cu inch or 351 cu inch V8 in them..My hindsight is amazingly good ,but my foresight is appaling...I say exactly what i mean and don't hide my true feelings , what you see is what you get....i also tend to have a laugh...Laugh out loud... :)

:eek_big:

(I'll translate that into american for you.....LOL..)

Hello ,I'm mark..I should tell you about myself.....I'm from the u.k,i was born and grew up in bethnal green london, I support fulham football club,I am employed as a design and mech engineer in the automotive aswell as the aerospace industry,I eat curries(an indian meal ) and have more than the occasional drink of vodka watered down 50/50 with redbull energy drink..I have an obsession about the bmw M5,B10 bi-turbo and ACschnitzer S5, my mercedes AMG sl 500 and toyota supra,i owned a 328 gts ferrari and hated everyminute of it and i am not into american cars unless they have a 455 cu inch or 351 cu inch V8 in them..My hindsight is amazingly good ,but my foresight is appaling...I say exactly what i mean and don't hide my true feelings , what you see is what you get....i also tend to have a laugh...Laugh out loud... :)

Thanks for the translation dirty.deeds, glad to have you on board. You'll find members from many other parts of this globe posting here also. So strap in, buckle up, push that accelerator to the floor. I like my Hot Rods also, enjoy the ride.

Hi......My job envolves applied physics everyday aswell as euclidiean an non-euclidean geometry,FMEA ,process control,hazmat,material properties from crystaline structures of materials to surface finishes ,e.t.c. engineering is an obsession ,it's a lifestyle choice rather than a job...It pays well ,which is a bonus aswell :eek_big: .......

I ran across this forum and thought ,what the hell ,i'll join......should be a laugh having a debate with like minded people.....Not only that ,i can't sleep so i'll have a chat whilst i'm at it....

Bet you support those salford rejects...sorry i mean manchester united

Nah...Chelsea was the thing when Tore Andre Flo was there. And Leeds while Eirik Bakke played - they both come from one of my fave teams here in Norway, Sogndal (who fell out of the top league last year... :eek_big: ).

Leeds ...great team ,shame they went down a division.... mind you leeds is a great place for a curry and a night on the beer..

I did some work for the european space agency through a 3rd party sub contractor several years ago..They screwed the price down to the absolute minimum....There attitude was don't look at the quality ,look at how cheap it is..i couldn't work like that so told them to stick it and went into aerospace.

I like the descriptive term for engineers as interesting..LOL... most of us are raving nutters..socially retarded and have obssesive behaviour of some description...I've never met a normal engineer,we're all a bit mental... :eek_big:

Yeah, like a Calif Cheerleader would know. :)

Buffy has a full and incisive knowledge of the beautiful game....go on explain the offside rule...LOL.....i've never met a women that can... :eek2:

Look on the bright side tormod atleast both our countries don't have to play football in body armour and have a break ever 20 seconds ...LOL..... in the rest of the world we play rugby which is american football for men without the bodyarmour.... :eek_big:

Buffy has a full and incisive knowledge of the beautiful game....go on explain the offside rule...LOL.....i've never met a women that can... :eek2:
Don't hate me because I have friends who live in Islington... :eek_big:

And I doubt you can explain a Lucky Dog or the rules for yellow flag pit closures in NASCAR, nyah, nyah, nyah! :)

Bollocks!

Buffy

Don't hate me because I have friends who live in Islington... :eek_big:

And I doubt you can explain a Lucky Dog or the rules for yellow flag pit closures in NASCAR, nyah, nyah, nyah! :)

Bollocks!

Buffy

well here we go........... "Lucky Dog" rule, which allows the first car one lap down to get the lap back when there is a caution.A driver who gets a lap back because of the rule can't make a second pit stop during that caution to top up with fuel.

.................................. "Yellow Flag Pit Closures" rule, which means you cannot enter the pits then regain your origional position on exit....you cannot effectively race back to the yellow flag...........

Go on then your turn...explain the offside rule..... :) ............this is a challenge buffy... :eek2:

Well, you did not explain the exceptions to the Lucky Dog, nor who coined the term (Hint: it was not anyone in the Nascar organization), and you completely botched the Yellow Flag pit closure rule, but if you must, here's the offside rule:

A player can be in and offside position and still not commit an offside offense, but being in that position is a prerequisite. To be in an offside position, she has to be closer to the opponent's goal than the ball and the second closest player to the other team's goal (the first of course usually being the goalie!). Exceptions to being in an offside position are if either: she's on her own side of the field, or if the player is at the *same* distance to the goal line as one or both of those opponents mentioned previously. Now, once actually *in* an offside position, in order to get nailed the player, someone on his team must make contact with the ball and the ref must judge that the offside player is involved in the active play of his team mate or prevents an opponent by his position from responding to the play or by virtue of his position provides some advantage (e.g. being open for a pass and subsequent score). However there is no problem if the player is the first to contact the ball as a result of a corner kick, or a throw-in or a shot on goal.

You'll probably quibble because its *so* embarrasing to be shown up by a girl.

You owe me a pint of Guinness.

Cheers!

Buffy