Science Forums

Gravity vs. "Intelligent Falling"

UncleAl

http://www.theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4133&n=2

The ECFR, in conjunction with the Christian Coalition and other Christian conservative action groups, is calling for public-school curriculums to give equal time to the Intelligent Falling theory. They insist they are not asking that the theory of gravity be banned from schools, but only that students be offered both sides of the issue "so they can make an informed decision."

http://www.physorg.com/news5045.html

I thought I read the ultimate in silliness in science(link above), but this story about intelligent falling is ludricrous to the parameters of reportable psychosis.

For example;

"Does this mean that the Intelligent Designer is applying a pusher/tractor to a suicidalist who jumps from a tall building?"

If so, then the ID is responsible for the mechanism by which suicidalist kills him/herself?

Thats crazy, either way you try to argue it for the ID principle.

it is a joke news site btw.
Oh no, everything in The Onion is the absolute ugly truth. And boy is it ugly (today's headline about Rummy), and the truth (also today: "Bush does a 360 on Abortion Stance"...) :eek_big:

Crying-but-its-only-The-Onion,

Buffy

i think as silly as the story might be that kids aren't taught nearly enough in schools anyway

if they are taught even the most basic science beginning at kindergarten and continuing up the grades that they'd be much better off and less gullible as adults.

There's lots of stuff like this. For example, a christian museum that's going up soon. Shows people and dinosaurs living together and that the earth is only 6000 years old.

Oh christ i hope you are joking. unless it hosts several gospel sermons a week i totally oppose its construction. it will become the laughing stock of the scientific community and the butt of many jokes.

totally off topic but has anyone taken the tickle IQ test?

i was tricked into it and scored 135, but seem so out of place here sometimes..

• 2 weeks later...