Science Forums

Do Humans Want To Be Saved?

alxian

original sin

according to wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_sin

lets assume that it was the shame of our naked selves and fear of gods mighty retribution for our eating and ingesting the apple and thus imbuing ourselves with knowledge.

to save ourselves we have to be saved by god.

a god who's earthy embodiment we brutally murdered. who's name we've so often forsaken.

to be absolved of original sin will humanity again be kulled and reborn in a perfect earthly embodiement of god?

what if we do it first?

what if we create perfect humans, ones without sin, living in a perfect society. an eden of perfect humanity.

do you gag at such a thought?

do you think a real world, even a perfect one shouldn't be anything like the eden of genesis?

through cloning we could rid ourselves if imperfection and live up to gods initial mandate. genetically we'd be perfect. intellectually perfection of the mind requires only solutions to real problems like famine and land ownerships etc. those have their solutions that could eventually be accomplished.

but does the average person even care? would you pay 70% taxes to live in eden?

thus, our bodies could be perfect and our minds as supple and sharpe as any super computer. would god return to earth? and forgive us or forsake us? as he appears to have been doing for all the years since the whole jesus incident.

i mean we can't even abide by 10 simple commandments...

if i were a god and my creations so constantly and thoroughly betrayed me i'd just move on and start over in a galaxy so far away they could never affect me again.

Only Christians go to Hell. Everybody else merely dies.

http://members.aol.com/bbu84/biblicalstupidity/quotes.htm

http://www.nobeliefs.com/DarkBible/DarkBibleContents.htm

Uncle Al questions the motives of any religion devoted to begging weekend alms for an omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent Creator of the entire universe whose management is devoted to sodomizing little boys. Jews got ethics, Christians got morals, Muslims got what remained. Cults of Yahweh fantically pursue human suffering and death - test of faith!

original sin

according to wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Original_sin

lets assume that it was the shame of our naked selves and fear of gods mighty retribution for our eating and ingesting the apple and thus imbuing ourselves with knowledge.

a god who's earthy embodiment we brutally murdered. who's name we've so often forsaken.

to be absolved of original sin will humanity again be kulled and reborn in a perfect earthly embodiement of god?

what if we do it first?

what if we create perfect humans, ones without sin, living in a perfect society. an eden of perfect humanity.

do you gag at such a thought?

do you think a real world, even a perfect one shouldn't be anything like the eden of genesis?

through cloning we could rid ourselves if imperfection and live up to gods initial mandate. genetically we'd be perfect. intellectually perfection of the mind requires only solutions to real problems like famine and land ownerships etc. those have their solutions that could eventually be accomplished.

but does the average person even care? would you pay 70% taxes to live in eden?

thus, our bodies could be perfect and our minds as supple and sharpe as any super computer. would god return to earth? and forgive us or forsake us? as he appears to have been doing for all the years since the whole jesus incident.

i mean we can't even abide by 10 simple commandments...

if i were a god and my creations so constantly and thoroughly betrayed me i'd just move on and start over in a galaxy so far away they could never affect me again.

And who are the beings so perfect that we'd begin to clone them in hopes of eliminating all imperfections? And what humans with such qualities are not also ridden with vanity and a sense of superiority, which is also a sin?

If God wanted robots, he would have created robots. He created creatures with free will decide for themselves whether to to follow Him. What sense of loyalty could He feel from beings who had not choice in whether to follow Him? Perhaps this is his way of sorting through the positive and negative energies of the world to determine which things of a positive nature will be allowed in Heaven and which negative ones will end up in hell. BTW, has UncleAl ever said a positive thing in his life? :)

clones.. as a construct of many personalities and not any one person.

few people are worth cloning 1:1 but if you added their collective distinctivenesses into a single whole construct you'd gain far more with a single creation than servera dozen reencarnated individuals.

and as for imperfection i mean the junk DNA we all carry around, once thought to be necessary ofr our very survival its now thought that some if not most of the junk chains in our DNA are actually just that.

if we can remove them, and purify our DNA, with or without cosmetic modifications we might see some health benefits. if their is less DNA to read and write perhaps the structures within our every cells would not waste away so quickly. perhaps we would not age so quickly, incorporating into the whole chunks of useless junk that has no place in our DNA to begin with.

however, testing small batches to make sure that pure human DNA minus junk... who could really judge what was junk anyway?.. but assuming we could define what modern humans all 6+billion of us require to survive and perpetuate, what if our genetic stock was cleaned up to massive benefit to those modified humans?

i i was promised double or triple my current life expectancy and a much healthier body i would jump at the chance. even if it meant horrifyingly painful therapies to fix my DNA.. bone marrow transplants being the best way to waste several months of your life.. only a small price to given the benefit.

one that you pass on to your children (at least for the males).

then once its clear cleaning up the genome is more beneficial than harmful they could move on to cosmetic mutations.. such as male tetrachromacy.. and increasing the acuity of all the other senses.. etc etc.

• 11 months later...
...If God wanted robots, he would have created robots. He created creatures with free will decide for themselves whether to to follow Him. ...BTW, has UncleAl ever said a positive thing in his life? :eek2:

And some human creatures don't even have free will. Why did he create those with mongolism, microcephalism, and those with antisocial disorders that leave so many with no conscience and no sense of guilt? (I have a stepson who has the latter) Only a fraction of humanity have functional free will, or even grow up in societies that nurture and foster free will.

As to uncleAl, well, yes, he did say something positive back in October of 2005, I think. Can't remember what it was. UncleAl is something of a mystery to all of us, but he serves a valuable role, in that he has an exquisitely sensitive "bullshit" meter and isn't afraid to use it. He also has an incredible knack for finding specific information on the Internet. He isn't always right, of course, but even when he is wrong, he is always definitively wrong. ;) ;) ;)