Science Forums

Irish feeds the hungry

IrishEyes

After being one of the first in her class to go for the pepperoni, my kid is going through a phase of ONLY wanting cheese. I usually get mushrooms and olives on my half, although if I'm below my fighting weight, I'll spluge and get sausage and pineapple (a weird combo, I gave up the canadian bacon/ham thing with pineapple after I first tried it with sausage...mmmmm).

Weirdest thing is *really* hard for us out here in california, famous for nooooovelle pizza. But I've had tofu, sashimi (put on *after* cooking, its actually really good!), salmon, duck, various pesto-instead-of-tomato-sauce bases, foie gras, okra, bok choi, various chiles... I can go on.

My kid offered "peanut butter" pizza, but then said "no way would I eat that..."

Pizza is pretty versatile....

Flat, round and delicious,

Buffy

I made a "cold pizza" once or twice. Cream cheese instead of sauce, artichoke hearts instead of pepperoni, basil, I think cucumbers, and I know tomatoes. Best pizza I ever had (And normally I hate artichoke hearts, but with the crust and cream cheese... mmm, mmm, mmmm, mmm good :circle:) Definitely a must try for anyone, very good.

Weirdest thing is *really* hard for us out here in california, famous for nooooovelle pizza. But I've had tofu, sashimi (put on *after* cooking, its actually really good!), salmon, duck, various pesto-instead-of-tomato-sauce bases, foie gras, okra, bok choi, various chiles... I can go on.

Ya know, I was thinking of you, Buffy, when I asked for the weirdest. Not that you're weird... :rant:

But I was remembering living in CA as a wee one, and how utterly disturbed I was to see "pineapple" on the menu at Shakey's. Of course, that was at least 25 years ago, and it was a bit of a newfangled idea then...

If pineapple was weird to me then, and 25 years later it's pretty normal, then I'm wondering what my grandkids will top their pies with...

Your daughter's 'peanut butter' has a certain appeal. At CiCi's, they make a wonderful chocolate pizza. If we could just add the PB, we'd have...(drumroll, puh-leaze!)

Reese's pizzas :circle:

Liar. :rant:

I know for a fact, because I've met you, that you not only ARE older than me, but you also LOOK older than me.

Or did pizza not make it to Norway until much later?

And what's the oddest thing they put on it over there? Of course, it probably would seem perfectly normal to put something like potatoes on it, right? Or one of those things in the Norway quiz that I've blocked from my mind? :circle:

...And what's the oddest thing they put on it over there? Of course, it probably would seem perfectly normal to put something like potatoes on it, right? Or one of those things in the Norway quiz that I've blocked from my mind? :circle:
I'm SURE they have reindeer pizza there. Just don't tell my kid...

Cheers,

Buffy

Ya know, I was thinking of you, Buffy, when I asked for the weirdest. Not that you're weird... :rant:
Whew! Thanks! Some of my friends would disagree, but they prefer the double-edged adjective "interesting"
...how utterly disturbed I was to see "pineapple" on the menu at Shakey's.
Yow! Shakeys! There are still a few around in SoCal!
Your daughter's 'peanut butter' has a certain appeal.
When I was a little kid, my dad used to take me to this place in Long Beach called the "Egg-In-Eye" restaurant that served NOTHING but omlettes. They had a fiberglass dinosaur out front and claimed that their omlettes were made with "one dinosaur egg" (as opposed to the classic 3-egg omlette of course). They had about 100 different omlettes on the menu and one of them was called "My Son's Omlette" that had peanut butter and bananas in it. I always said I'd "never order that", so although I actually do like peanut butter, aversion to using it in "wierd" places has passed on genetically to my kid.
(drumroll, puh-leaze!)

Reese's pizzas :circle:

Bwahahahahahahahahahah!!!!!! :eek: Stop it! You're killing me!!!!

Lover of good puns,

Buffy

My fav is Feta cheese, shrimp, olives and (cold)tomatoes. Or really any combination of those.

Sometimes Chedder Cheese, Side bacon, Back Bacon, Sausage, Beef, and Hot peppers.

Hmm, I feel like calling my Pizza delivery buddy about now.