Science Forums

Yes, You Can Go Faster Than Speed Of Light

hazelm

I mean.. how can Newtons law be just applied to constant velocities...if there is no resistance in space?  You are so wrong you just can't comprehend. You'd rather be blindfully wrong than admit I was right

Learn some Newtonian physics, eh?  All material bodies have mass, which by definition is "resistance to acceleration."  This is innate.  You don't need "space" to resist acceleration, you just need mass.

By your account, if I hit a bowling ball with a golf club in a vacuum, it would eventually be going millions of times the speed of light because it would continue to accelerate forever.  Funny that we never see that happen, eh?

Edited by Moronium

NEVER, because it's 100% wrong, according to Newton.

An accelerating object will NOT just keep accelerating indefinitely UNLESS you (continue to) apply an external force to it.

It will, however, continue to maintain a uniform speed if no external forces are exerted on it.

This is correct

Do you know what uniform motion is?

I don't think you do, it means a constant velocity. And uniform motion is not a correct terminology, it is simply motion, since an accelerated object in space remains accelerated.

Again... go learn some physics.

And this is wrong.

An object can only accelerate as long as a net force is acting on it. Remove the force and the object continues to move in uniform (non-accelerated) motion if there is no resistance.

Edited by OceanBreeze

For 500 years hundreds of thousands of well educated wise-men sat, drinking wine, spent their whole lives philosophizing about a round earth and a round spinning set of celestial bodies, how to graph those 3 dimensions on paper long before Newton's calculus or the computer, to answer the big questions, what are we made of? The fundamental elements and whether there was an unmoved mover :

^^^what 006 was talking about, all things have motion:

within the atoms invented by Socrates long before Einstein spoke of such structures.

It wasn't until Einstein showed that time is relative that they put two & two together and found that the speed of light doesn't dictate all interactions, a few cases that have a causal effect that defies celestria's constant are unruh radiation in the rindler effect, neutrinos in earth's atmosphere and the core of the sun where light keeps getting deflected while neutrinoes phase right on through, the casimir effect, quantum entanglement, & there are a few other documented effects that meet the description of tachyons.

Literally two world wars were waged to keep time dilation and Pythagoras' sacred geometry, that fractal structure within flowers, snowflakes, and diamonds that people think Helge Von Koch invented yet David's Star faaar predates Helge Von Koch, but Helge Von Koch, & Tesla, and many others of Einstein's era were becoming wise to the facts, weren't they Ocean Breeze?

Your Naval society is going to lose. The male population was never meant to control and outnumber or even equal in number to the female population, that's why 2000 years ago the Great Roman Navy and their ruling elite Oligarchs prevented the possibility of cancelling debt, the post-scarcity world that is money-less offered by that Holy Grail of sacred geometry, you know what I'm talking about. They poisoned Rome's waterworks with led and used Rome's street systems to spread the black plague and used that sexually oppressive powerhouse of a religion known as Catholicism to retake control of this planet and control the population going from guided evolution of excess in the BC's to a common-life of hard menial futility of Opus Dei sheep controlled & ruled by debt, selecting the unfit to prevent evolution. Now we have "free-will", now it's the ADs. They defied nature adopting their plastic Jesus.

Edited by Super Polymath

The male population was never meant to control and outnumber or even equal in number to the female population

This is the reason they want to omit certain facts from the standard model that might solve the worlds problems in cheaply sustaining fusion or the medical implications of quantum miniaturization. It comes down to controlling gene selection, health, and debt in order to control sex basically.

Look at the statistics, men live shorter harder lives, & yet because of selective breeding, marital arrangement, gender based income, etc: global politics, the number of men and women come out about even. Just enough to keep the male youth violent, the prison system needs to house a set number of males, as do the global military force waging entirely unnecessary staged "violent altercations involving guns and explosives", etc so the rich can have their fill.

Half a year ago someone who owned fusion actually contacted me about my beliefs, the theory I've finally developed (although can't plot without a complete understanding of how "they" symbolize plotting in the third dimension, their methods now adopted from newton's symbols I'm not entirely familiar with) and when I questioned him on money he knew enough about me to not say that the physics isn't there, he said instead, "That's just the way it is!"

Well buddy, you're gonna have to do better than that if you don't wish for me to spread the actual physics around like virus with people who can properly express it. I want things. I have needs.

You certainly do. 

It's amazing to me that anyone with wealth wouldn't be shaken up that a few experiments done in the coldest man-made place in the universe could take it all away. All the plans you have for fusion's industry in the 2030s one-upped by quantum controlled fusion that is smaller, cheaper, and simpler than any blueprint that big $ in the private sector has now if my friend deducts a string of equations from a few computer aided 3d plots on mathematica onto physics journal a

It's already going to happen now, so laugh all you want about what you think you have on me that may or may not even shake me up. You've allowed me to **** the money bed. There's literally no way to avoid making the private sector obsolete.

Edited by Super Polymath

I am afraid this is incorrect.

When calculating relativistic velocities, you must use the relativistic velocity addition equation.

The two galaxies are only moving at 0.96c with respect to each other.

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/Relativ/einvel2.html

About halfway down the page is a calculator where you can see for yourself. (Don't forget one value should be negative!)

Note that even at +0.999999c and -0.999999c, the galaxies are only moving at 0.9999999999995001c with respect to each other.

I'm afraid this is incorrect. The relativistic velocity addition equation doesn't apply to redshift because redshift supposedly gives you the relative velocity, and that comes out to well over the speed of light when looking at distant galaxies. According to the model they're moving away from us faster the further away they are and the speed of light provides no restriction to their their relative velocities. That's why I personally think that redshift is not a reliable gauge of relative recession, it shifts during the journey. This seems obvious but it's not the standard view.

You can never go faster than the speed of light. There is no exceptions in our theories. The furthest galaxies are receding faster than light because the metric is changing in regards to the flow of the material. They move faster than light relative to our frame, but because of these relativistic effects, in their frame of reference, they are moving at subluminal speeds.

This is bollocks! According to the standard model, distant galaxies do move at speeds greater than c relative to us.

And obviously an object needs a constant source of energy to maintain constant acceleration. Dude, that couldn't be more basic physics, wow!

Super Polymath, you off your meds or something?

Super Polymath, you off your meds or something?

My suspicions regarding authority are what make me smart.

Bobby Fischer had way less evidence to back his personal brand of suspicions regarding the authorities, do you think that warranted inhibiting his ability to beat the Russian elite at chess with meds?

So did Sidis & Tesla, unlike them mine actually works.

They were on to something, but they were so wrong as to the minor details. Do you know what the word authority means? It comes from the word author. If you're not the authority, than you're not the author.

Edited by Super Polymath

My suspicions regarding authority are what make me smart.

But your certainty in your specific beliefs are what make you a nutjob.

Bobby Fischer had way less evidence to back his personal brand of suspicions regarding the authorities, do you think that warranted inhibiting his ability to beat the Russian elite at chess with meds?

I certainly didn't mean to imply that your views warranted a forced inhibition of your ability to play chess, or any other game.

So did Sidis & Tesla, unlike them mine actually works.

Then I shudder to think what you'd be like without them!

They were on to something, but they were so wrong as to the minor details. Do you know what the word authority means? It comes from the word author. If you're not the authority, than you're not the author.

Preaching to the choir, apparently I have "a major problem with authority". It's almost gotten me into trouble more than once. Damn bacon copper filth.

Do you know that no one actually needs meds? Yes, people can go around doing or believing whatever they want. Sometimes they even get away with it. Those are the authorities.

Most people on meds definitely shouldn't be, especially kids. Some people should be.

Edited by A-wal

Some people should be.

There you go again believing that you're capable of creating anything more than an irrelevant axiom.

A human decision is nothing more than the eventuality of a chaotic chain reaction. There may, however, be an intelligent system behind the cause that triggered said chain reaction, however. Provided my thesis is correct quantum computers are more than just the only means for faster than light travel, they're also how information panspermia can evolve an organic molecule into a Type .76 civilization such as ours.

Edited by Super Polymath