Science Forums

What happens after life??

Tim_Lou

actually the phantom limb leaf thing is not due to residue, it was shown to me on a freshly cleaned plate, with fresh paper and a leaf I saw cut in half.

I would suggest you yourself try the experiment, also try pressing a GLOVED palm to the plate, this would remouve the "moisture" equation, and you can even use a thin slice of glass in between your palm and the plate. The glass and glove will remouve all but Electro-magnetic forces from the equation; pressure will be equil due to the plate spreading it evenly across the plate. You can likewise try the experiment with a DRY leaf, a stone, etc...

Skepdic is obviously as versed in their criticisums as they are versed in the spelling of "skeptic"(I know it's a dictionary, and a poor one at that).

"And the proof that these "unknown particles in the bloodstreem, those little speck that dance about" actually exists is where?" look in a high-powered microscope at a fresh blood sample, you will observe particulate matter in between the cells themselves. This matter has, to my knowledge, no known function.

"at what point was it proven that a soul exists, much less that it is "what drives the body to move" "

I did say IF.

As to the soul being the driving force, it is a widely held beleif with practical application in various martial arts. The most publicised being karate, and breaking cinderblocks. While, yes the bone structure of the hand, wrist, and arm are sufficient to absorb an impact with concrete with minimal damage(after conditioning), the force involved to break them IS quite extraordinary. As well there are some rather extraordinary feats involving "ki / Chi / Gi" and the ability to snuff flames, withstand razor blades drawn across the skin, spinning on top of a razor sharp spear point in the belly, etc... Most of thease feats can be observed in live demonstrations if you look for them. One such demonstration was in my town and I was mightily impressed. I am by no means a "master" at any such things, but what i saw did wrench pen a few doors in my mind I'd thought securely locked.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by: GAHDtry pressing a GLOVED palm to the plate, this would remouve the "moisture" equation,

What kind of glove? Leather would have it's own moisture. Cloth would allow mositure. Even plastic/ silicon would not stop high voltage from interacting with the moisture. The insulator would have to have an extremely high dielectric constant, which a glove would not.

and you can even use a thin slice of glass in between your palm and the plate. The glass and glove will remouve all but Electro-magnetic forces from the equation; pressure will be equil due to the plate spreading it evenly across the plate.

A capacitor is an electrical device which is made of two conductive plates and an insulator. Two hands, a metal plate and a hand, ... seperated by some insulator such as glass, ceramic, plastic, ... It allows electricity to flow under some conditions and not under others. It would block a battery's voltage, but not a high voltage type used in Kirlian phto.

Skepdic is obviously as versed in their criticisums as they are versed in the spelling of "skeptic"(I know it's a dictionary, and a poor one at that).

I love this one. It exposes so much about you!

Let's see SKEP-tic's DIC-tionary = SKEP-DIC = SKEPDIC.

Ya I could see how that would confuse you....

Especially since you think Kirlian (which you want to claim to know so much about) is spelled "Kirlean". And then there is "criticisums".

How many stones do you have in that glass house?

Originally posted by: GAHD"And the proof that these "unknown particles in the bloodstreem, those little speck that dance about" actually exists is where?" look in a high-powered microscope at a fresh blood sample, you will observe particulate matter in between the cells themselves. This matter has, to my knowledge, no known function.

We have already seen what the value is to your knowledge. We also see here that you fail to be able to provide support for your "knowledge" when challenged.

Perhaps if you cleaned the slides first...

Or got an EDUCATION? Failure in YOUR KNOWLEDGE does not mean it is not known.

"at what point was it proven that a soul exists, much less that it is "what drives the body to move" "

I did say IF.

Ya, right up there with WMD's in Iraq!

As to the soul being the driving force, it is a widely held beleif with practical application in various martial arts.

Hahahahah... Now THERE is scientific proof if I have ever seen any! Take the pee from my hand grasshopper! Hahahaha....

I am a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, from a Korean 8th (now 9th?) degree Master. Have done Kung Foo, Isshinryu, Aikido, Ti' Chi, ... As I no longer live anywhere near it, I can acknowledge where most of it came from.

Shin's Martial Arts Institute - Nashville, TN

http://www.sports-info.us/martial/profile/TN/Nashville/181

The most publicised being karate, and breaking cinderblocks. While, yes the bone structure of the hand, wrist, and arm are sufficient to absorb an impact with concrete with minimal damage(after conditioning), the force involved to break them IS quite extraordinary.

Broke bricks with my forehead. 4 boards at one time, in the air. It is all in your head (literally at times!). That and special bricks and boards.

As well there are some rather extraordinary feats involving "ki / Chi / Gi" and the ability to snuff flames, withstand razor blades drawn across the skin, spinning on top of a razor sharp spear point in the belly, etc... Most of thease feats can be observed in live demonstrations if you look for them.

My instructor used to eat lightbulbs. Lay on nail boards, swords, ....

One such demonstration was in my town and I was mightily impressed. I am by no means a "master" at any such things, but what i saw did wrench pen a few doors in my mind I'd thought securely locked.

Oh, ya. They can be amazing. Forget the watermellon. He could slice a cucumber in half on your stomach, blindfolded. Did acupuncture. He had a contract with Ft Benning to teach the Special Forces to kill silently by hand. Said he could reach in and pull out a beating heart. Never saw that one though!

It can all be demonstrated with-in the laws of physics. So what?

Originally posted by: Freethinker

Originally posted by: GAHDtry pressing a GLOVED palm to the plate, this would remouve the "moisture" equation, and you can even use a thin slice of glass in between your palm and the plate. The glass and glove will remouve all but Electro-magnetic forces from the equation; pressure will be equil due to the plate spreading it evenly across the plate.

What kind of glove? Leather would have it's own moisture. Cloth would allow mositure. Even plastic/ silicon would not stop high voltage from interacting with the moisture. The insulator would have to have an extremely high dielectric constant, which a glove would not.

"When the electricity enters the living object, it produces an area of gas ionization around the photographed object, assuming moisture is present on the object."

It seems your words contradict your "proof" 'Free'thinker. Gas ionisation of the surrounding atmosphere, which would NOT occur in the case of a hand insulated by glass or latex glove. The ionisation would not be able to interact with the "film" used on the plate, even if it could manage to occur through the glass(near perfect insulator, though it depends on the type of glass just as the refractive idex is dependant on the type), followed by a latex glove (faily potent insulator, in this case applicable twice; from glass, through glove into moisture on hand, and then trough glove to sourrounding air to produce ionisation. The glass itself is then applicable a second timme before the ionisation itself can interact with the film. I don't care to elaborate an obvious point any further, though I will if prompted.). DRY objects also produce auras, again remouving the ionisation ("assuming moisture is present on the object" - courtosy of your own ohh-so-toted "skep-dic") from the equation. In fact there is an argument on precisely that posted on your "Skep-dic", which the author of "skep-dic" fails to properly address; I find his resort to "minimalising"(your own favorite word "free"thinker) an indication of the level of competance associated with the writings. Again, I suggest you try the experiment yourself so you can speak from a firsthand perspective rather than a soly theoretical standpoint.

A capacitor is an electrical device which is made of two conductive plates and an insulator. Two hands, a metal plate and a hand, ... seperated by some insulator such as glass, ceramic, plastic, ... It allows electricity to flow under some conditions and not under others. It would block a battery's voltage, but not a high voltage type used in Kirlian phto.

It would not block the electromagnetic field created by the panel; be precise. It does however remouve the ionisation of the surrounding gas, a point you obviously missed. Even were the voltage high enough to allow a direct current to pass the isulating properties of glass once, it would not be sufficient to create an ionisation capable of returning through the glass to the paper. You and "SKEPDIC" suddenly seem to have views conflicting on details, but sharing the same logic flaw.

I love this one. It exposes so much about you!

Ya I could see how that would confuse you....

Especially since you think Kirlian (which you want to claim to know so much about) is spelled "Kirlean". And then there is "criticisums".

"love this one. It exposes so much about you!" -Ditto.

You will pardon me, I scored much higher in poetry, math, science(physi

Originally posted by: GAHDQuote

"Let's see SKEP-tic's DIC-tionary = SKEP-DIC = SKEPDIC."

If you'll re-read my original post you will see i was poking fun at precisely what you have typed, thank you for clarifying what I said so the compleately idiotic can understand.

What? I still dont understand this skep-dic's stuff.

Originally posted by: GAHD"When the electricity enters the living object, it produces an area of gas ionization around the photographed object, assuming moisture is present on the object."

You do not give a source for this (WOW, What a surpise!) so I don't know what credibility it has. We can see that it is internally self contradictory however, so I have no reason to allow it any crediblity.

1) there would not BE a "living object" that did not have "moisture ... present on the object."

2) regardless of the obfuscation of "living object" thrown in, it is obvious that it is the "moisture (that is) present on the object" that is producing the effct.

What a suprise, electron flow is conducted by moisture! This could start a whole new field of science! We'll call it Electricity!

It seems your words contradict your "proof" 'Free'thinker. Gas ionisation of the surrounding atmosphere, which would NOT occur in the case of a hand insulated by glass or latex glove.

You obviously know nothing about this new technology I am calling Electricity.

The ionisation would not be able to interact with the "film" used on the plate, even if it could manage to occur through the glass(near perfect insulator, though it depends on the type of glass just as the refractive idex is dependant on the type),

1) "refractive idex " relates to light. It has NOTHING to do with ELECTRICITY.

2) Glass is a semi-conductor. It can be used to make electronic devices like transistors and LCD panels. In fact an LCD only works because of capacitive conductance thru it.

I have a degree in electronics. You obviously don't.

followed by a latex glove (faily potent insulator,

You don't comprehend the process of electron flow. At the voltages used in Kirlian, none of this acts as a complete insulator. In fact is it precisely the electron flow that the photographic plate is responding to.

DRY objects also produce auras,

If by "auras" you mean photographable corona discharge from a high frequency, high voltage source, yes there will be, as long as the DRY object contains some conductive materials. Moisture is not the only thing that conducts.

AS to the rest of your post, I will capsulize it rather than continuing to repost the report of the repost with a few additions along the way. The complete text of each previous message is avaiable here for anyone that needs to read it.

A capacitor is an electrical device which is made of two conductive plates and an insulator. ...It would block a battery's voltage, but not a high voltage type used in Kirlian phto.

It would not block the electromagnetic field created by the panel; be precise.

OK, let's be precise. The static discharge effect has NOTHING to do with an "electromagnetic field". If you had an actually understanding of what you pretend to talk about, you would KNOW this. The high freq, high voltage electicity passing thru the various materials uses electrostatic process.

It does however remouve the ionisation of the surrounding gas,

Glass, plastic, nor any other material does NOT "remouve the ionisation of the surrounding gas". If there is sufficient eletrostatic energy to pass thru the materials (as their MUST be in order for Kirlian to occur) there will be a static discharge coronal field.

a point you obviously missed.

No, just another point you show no understanding of.

Even were the voltage high enough to allow a direct current

Just one after another. I ca

Originally posted by: GAHD(For clarification, the italicized quotes are mine)"And the proof that these "unknown particles in the bloodstreem, those little speck that dance about" actually exists is where?"

look in a high-powered microscope at a fresh blood sample, you will observe particulate matter in between the cells themselves. This matter has, to my knowledge, no known function.

We have already seen what the value is to your knowledge. We also see here that you fail to be able to provide support for your "knowledge" when challenged.

The support I provide is that of any educatior; I supply a means for you to learn first hand, as your abrasive personality indicates you will not relent in a simple civil conversation. Why not check google? Or better yet, why don't you get your own Microscope out (I own one, don't you? If not go to a university or highschool and ask to borrow their equipment for 2 minutes.) and then you can "clean the slides" youself...

Above we see an interesting process. A CLAIM is made (and not even by irisheyes!). That there are "little speck that dance about" in our blood that "has, to my knowledge, "no known function". No PROOF supplied. When asked for PROOF, we are told that PROOF is NOT an accumulation of verifyable facts, it is a "a means for you to learn first hand". Not that PROOF is something one supplies to support a CLAIM. But that PROOF is something the OTHER PERSON has to go out and get. It seems my failure to accept the PROOF given of my needed to research it myself is due to my lack of owning a microscope. We'll ignore my already owning a number of them. I apologize if I was not being civil by presuming to ask for FACTUAL proof.

So as instructed, in order to better comprehend the overwhelming proof SUPPLIED by owning a microscope and researching for myself, I did a Google for:

"unknown particles in the bloodstreem, those little speck that dance about"

and got:

Did you mean: "unknown particles in the bloodstream, those little speck that dance about"

Your search - "unknown particles in the bloodstreem, those little speck that dance about" - did not match any documents.

OK, a simple typo. so I clicked on the corrected spelling so we all can see the PROOF!

Hey, wait a minute, all I got from Google was:

Your search - "unknown particles in the bloodstream, those little speck that dance about" - did not match any documents.

So I tried a smaller selection:

Your search - bloodstream "those little speck that dance about" - did not match any documents.

I'm sorry I failed so miserably to comprehend your massive PROOFS. And it would seem that since not a single web site out of the billions of web sites Google catalogs seems to know about your "little speck that dance about" in our blood stream", that you have an incredible opportunity to go down in history as the person that discovered them And gave a complete explanation to the world, as long as each person has their own microscope.

Originally posted by: GAHD(For clarification, the italicized quotes are mine)"I am a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, from a Korean 8th (now 9th?) degree Master. Have done Kung Foo, Isshinryu, Aikido, Ti' Chi, ... As I no longer live anywhere near it, I can acknowledge where most of it came from.

Shin's Martial Arts Institute - Nashville, TN

The most publicised being karate, and breaking cinderblocks. While, yes the bone structure of the hand, wrist, and arm are sufficient to absorb an impact with concrete with minimal damage(after conditioning), the force involved to break them IS quite extraordinary.

"Broke bricks with my forehead. 4 boards at one time, in the air. It is all in your head (literally at times!). That and special bricks and boards. "

'Mind over matter' is exactly what I was referring to as pratical application, thank you again for restating my words, but how is this an argument? Why did it require the previous alleged credentials? Your case is beginning to lapse into an apparent vendetta against the topic or against myself, I at this point kindly ask that you refrain from further abasement of yourself, and that you keep your writing tone to one of respect.

Let me see if I can explain it in a way you can comprehend. PROOF. See the way I approach it, when I make or am about to make a claim, I provide PROOF to give it CREDIBILITY.

You might find this an interesting new approach to use. Rather than just making empty CLAIMS:

YOu know, rather than claiming you know about little stuff floating in our blood that no scientist has any clue about, you couuld actually provide some PROOF of it. A new twist for you I know. Or how the sooul controls the body. Rather than claim some knowledge of it, you could actually PROVE it for a change.

I provided specific details to show that I DO know something about it. Again, this is referred to as PROOF. The support I provide is that of any educatior; I supply a means for you to learn first hand. Why not check google?

Originally posted by: GAHD"When the electricity enters the living object, it produces an area of gas ionization around the photographed object, assuming moisture is present on the object."

You do not give a source for this (WOW, What a surpise!) so I don't know what credibility it has. We can see that it is internally self contradictory however, so I have no reason to allow it any crediblity.

I'm surprised Freethinker, you don't recognise your own "proof"? This was infact a quote of your own "proof" against kirlean photography....from SKEPDIC! I agree it has NO CREDABILITY WHATSOEVER! NONE! THAT'S WHAT I"VE SAID REPEATEDLY! I'm again GLAD you agree with me dispite your Malicious attitude.

LMAO!

Ok, freethinker I'll walk away from this argument before both of us get banned.

Now to get back to the topic at hand; Afterlife.

DISCLAIMER: the following is a compleate contrivance, with no basis in fact.

While reading tormod's "multiple universe" thread I was reminded of an old idea about the afterlife; The theory of infinate dimensions Means that all possibilities must play out, what if there was a universe where all "that god stuff" That was the soul went to? Or if you would prefer a less Religious viewpoint; a dimension in which we were spontaniously created once we expired in this dimension?

Originally posted by: IrishEyes

Above we see an interesting process. A CLAIM is made (and not even by irisheyes!).

Did anyone else see this? Hey now, 'slick' (just loved that one!), chill out on me already. I've been fairly quiet these past few days!!

Easy. don't get your Irish up! (I'm Irish, so I can say that! )

Seriously, I was just having fun with you.

Originally posted by: GAHDDISCLAIMER: the following is a compleate contrivance, with no basis in fact.

While reading tormod's "multiple universe" thread I was reminded of an old idea about the afterlife; The theory of infinate dimensions Means that all possibilities must play out, what if there was a universe where all "that god stuff" That was the soul went to? Or if you would prefer a less Religious viewpoint; a dimension in which we were spontaniously created once we expired in this dimension?

Also with the qualifier that this is just a hypothetical "what if".

I have often wondered about "multiple universe".. The theory of infinate dimensions Means that all possibilities must play out, what if there was a universe where..." a god COULD exist. It would seem that based on a infinite number of universes, there would have to be some (infinite) subset in which there was a god, in fact every concievable god((ddesse)s).

It just doesn't happen to be this set.

Originally posted by: IrishEyesWell watch it there, mister! If you keep it up, I'm going tot hink you actually LIKE this weird back-and-forth we have... ;>)

Back and forth, side to side, up and down, .... variety is the spice of life.

Reminds me of an old saying.

"If you want to be known far and wide, always get it on side to side!"

or (this is one of those that works only phonetically (when spoken))

She offered her honor

he honored her offer

so all night long

it was onher and offher.

If we did not each achieve some form of personal satisfaction from this, we would not be doing it. I do enjoy your posts.

But what is a "tot hink"? A small sickle?