Science Forums

What happens after life??

Tim_Lou

Originally posted by: Tim_Lou

soul if not a form of anything but energy. a human form of soul is simply a "look" of it.

Actually, the ancient astral travellers say that the soul is human form surrounded by an aura which changes colour depending on the individuals' level of enlightenment......

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the topic of the frozen guy, you may be speaking of something that happened here in canada a while back; a man fell through some ice in a river and floated downstream under the ice for quite some time before he was found a rescued. He was pronounced dead when recovered, but revived himself a while after.

The explanation for this situation is that the cold induced hypothermia, which in turn slowed the body's reactions to a point where that 1 lungfull ofair and few pints of oxyginated blood were enough to keep the cells of his body alive, and upon the body warming the reactions began to occur again ata normal rate spontaniously re-animating the body.

A very similar thing happens with arctic animals, the most extream form of which is hibernation. Penguins can stay underwater for extended periods, despite a small lung capacity, due to the fact that the cold water slows their metabolic process. Hibernation itself can appear to be death, as the heartrate and breathing of the body in question are slowed to imperceptible levels for months at a time.

As to near death experiences, I have never experienced one, though my father has. I'm quite content to keep it that way.

Originally posted by: lindagarrette

The answer is in the Bible if you analyze it correctly.

What this always winds up meaning is "If you analyze it the way *I* do!"

When we arrive in heaven, we will all be looking like God, as we were created in his image and that is the image of the perfect man, Jesus. We will also always be 32 years old physically, except we won't have any genitals

So Jesus did not have gentials? But he/we would have two arms, legs, hands, eyes, 10 fingers, toes,

And women will lose their vagina's? What of breasts? Ovaries?

soul if not a form of anything but energy. a human form of soul is simply a "look" of it. it might come from god....

asking limbs or whatever about soul is simply asking "whats the shape of energy??", which is pointless.

So the soul. our after life, WILL be physical, but based on shapeless energy, NOT of ANY physically defined shape?

as people are dead, they are moved to another world. which time and space both dont exist, that world is not the "physical" world.

many experiencer say that they went through a tunnel and see light and darkness (depending on the whether its heaven like or hellish or others). and many of them experience being in a "different" world, it is described as "multi-dimension" "timeless" and "spaceless".

well, i dont really know much, i read them in some other places. im not one of the experiencer as you know. these experiences sound crazy, and i am not totally believed in it. but as there are way too many experiencers out there, they must not be simple as "illusion".

Originally posted by: Freethinker

So the soul. our after life, WILL be physical, but based on shapeless energy, NOT of ANY physically defined shape?

No freethinker, it's that evanescent, transluent 'god-stuff' that we consciously gain control of when passing through the shadow of death and re-joining the one true path of love and harmony on our way to paradise where we'll have a sing-along (and all of our questions unaswered) with the benevolent creator.

I gotta love thins, makes me want to sit back with a bag of popcorn! Living people claiming to know IN DETAIL what will happen after death, precisely how we'll look feel and interact. Now THAT is pure hollywood entrtainment. They should make a show about this thread.

Originally posted by: geko

No freethinker, it's that evanescent, transluent

These are description of PHYSICAL things.

'god-stuff'

Again, a physical description.

Make up your mind. Is the soul physical or is it not?

that we consciously gain control of

1) So we make an intentional (conscious) effort? Why can't we make this same intentional effort at other times?

2) Where is the physical organ with-in the human body that establishes this connection?

3) IOW there is not a continual communications between us and this soul, it only happens as a data dump after we die? What happened to ensoulment at fertilization?

and re-joining

Why was the connection lost? At what point in time.

What you are saying is that the soul (which is physical) has no communications with either god nor our body from some intitial point (ensoulment?) till after we die.

What you are saying is that the soul (which is physical) has no communications with either god nor our body from some intitial point (ensoulment?) till after we die.

You are SUCH a goof!! You're forgetting that geko uses the tongue-in-cheek mode almost as much as i do, but he's on YOUR side. you're not supposed to slam HIM!! Come on, man, keep it straight... only pick on the silly creationists (like me), and the real jerks (who will remain nameless!), not the people that AGREE with you!!

"geko uses... tongue-in-cheek mode"

This is true. You've gotta love freethinkers' debunking though

But come to think of it

By banishing our soul back to this earth plane, buddha is punishing us for our inpure/sinful intentions in the higher realms of the gods. Our purpose here is to find the true path again in this earlthy life so we can once more 'advance' to the higher realms of existence. We cant remember any of this because god cannot allow us a head-start over HIS other children. We must be equals. On level par with the rest of our breathren.

The soul physically exists, it's just that it's slightly 'out-of-tune' with this existence, so therefore cannot interact with it. The soul and the body are connected by the 'AKA' cord that breaks at death after the knowledge has been passed to the spirit, which we then become.

There is ancient knowledge (handed down through word of mouth for millennia among the mountain-tribes people), that certain disciplines can be learnt that allow us to touch (and even become volitional of) our soul whilst remaining alive with the AKA cord still intact. But this is the dark-arts, frowned upon by many important angels but not out-lawed. It's still practiced in secret, under ground, by those that know, hidden away from the prying eyes of the institution...

-

Stock up on your pop-corn GAHD, 'cos i have lots more stories to tell....

souls are really not physical as many experiencers' descriptions.

i remember there is one that says, "i was looking at my body laying there, i tried so hard to move my hand, but i was like a piece of lead..." (something like that). souls are really not connected to our physical world. they do not really affect this world.

some experiencers saw that they are in a multi-dimensional world. which they can be at any time in the past or future and any place they want... and it seems that no one can really see him. (well, there is one experience that says a child can see him and understand him...the person says that it may be because of the innocence of the child....well, this may not be true....)

Originally posted by: gekoOriginally posted by: Freethinker

Ya gotta learn to close your italics tag....

souls are really not physical as many experiencers' descriptions... souls are really not connected to our physical world. they do not really affect this world.

Well, if they are "not connected to our physical world", then how does a specific soul know anything about it's associated body? Or is a soul so independant of the human, that it merely servers as a marker that "A" body, ANY body had existed and died and therefore a soul goes to heaven?

If the soul represents what the person was, then it must have had some method of getting that information from "our physical world". It had to have a physical component in order to exchange information with our physical existence.

You could always assume that mitochondia or DNA were the linkers between the soul and tha body. in fact Mitochondria would make one hell of a lot of sence, if the soul is what drives the body to move. Then again, perhapse it is tose hereto unknown particles in the bloodstreem, those little speck that dance about but we don't know what they do(not antibodies or such, we know what they do). As for the final data-dump from body to soul, who's to say one is required? Would not the soul be completly intermeshed with the physical body? This would explain Kirlean auras and such, especially the "half leaf" syndrome.

Originally posted by: GAHD

You could always assume that mitochondia or DNA were the linkers between the soul and tha body.

One can assume whatever one wishes, that does not give it the first bit of credibility.

in fact Mitochondria would make one hell of a lot of sence, if the soul is what drives the body to move.

1) we are very familiar with the function of every part of Mitochondria, where does the additional work get preformed?

2)there is absolutely nothing with-in the function nor construction of Mitochondria that would serve ANY purpose in communicating with some entity outside of the body.

3) at what point was it proven that a soul exists, much less that it is "what drives the body to move"

Then again, perhapse it is tose hereto unknown particles in the bloodstreem, those little speck that dance about but we don't know what they do(not antibodies or such, we know what they do).

And the proof that these "unknown particles in the bloodstreem, those little speck that dance about" actually exists is where?

As for the final data-dump from body to soul, who's to say one is required? Would not the soul be completly intermeshed with the physical body?

That is one of the points I am trying to make. It also shows that people that claim a soul exists can not even agree on what or how it would function.

If as was previously asserted, it has no function until after death, then there has to be a data dump at some point

If as you assert, it is "completly intermeshed", then this communications would be continuous.

Regardless, there would have to be some PHYSICAL mechanism for this data transfer.

Please show us the PHYSICAL ORGAN within the human body that serves this function. Show us which HUMAN ORGAN has the ability to communicate with some external entity, where it get's it's energy to do so and how it provides this process.

Also show the physical existence of the soul which recieves this data.

By claiming a physical connection between the body and soul, one REQUIRES a PHYSICAL existence for the soul. It therefore would be very simple to find the physical connection between the physical body and the physical element of the soul.

This would explain Kirlean auras and such, especially the "half leaf" syndrome.

Like so much other psuedo-science, claims are made that hit the media. The media loves things that make nice sound bites or headlines. They reject later information that shows the absurdity if those claims as it does not have hot sound bites nor create incredible headlines. The fallacy of Kirillian photography has been exposed all over the place. Here is part of one such resource.

Kirlian "photography"

In 1939, Semyon Kirlian discovered by accident that if an object on a photographic plate is subjected to a high-voltage electric field, an image is created on the plate. The image looks like a colored halo or coronal discharge. This image is said to be a physical manifestation of the spiritual aura or "life force" which allegedly surrounds each living thing.

Allegedly, this special method of "photographing" objects is a gateway to the paranormal world of auras. Actually, what is recorded is due to quite natural phenomena such as pressure, electrical grounding, humidity and temperature. Changes in moisture (which may reflect changes in emotions), barometric pressure, and voltage, among other things, will produce different 'auras'.

Living things...are moist. When the electricity enters the living object, it produces an area of gas ionization around the photographed object, assuming moisture is present on the object. This moisture is transferred from the subject to the emulsion surfa