Science Forums

Powertrain

POWERTRAIN

POWERTRAIN places 2000+ 16,500V Alternator stations every 1 mile on a cross country rail line.

Each station is constructed simultaneously in a short duration.

Trains traveling across the country are sent at 10 minute intervals, each producing electrical current as they wend by each alternating station.

Each 16,500V station is stepped up via transformer to 250,000V and feed directly to the grid.

It is the worlds largest fuel to electrical current efficiency concept known to mankind, and therefore should be implemented immediately.

It saves billions in fossils and emissions from trucking alone, nuclear waste, and provides electrical current more efficiently than anything man currently uses today and will also provide power for all electric cars and/or trucks.

POWERTRAIN utilizes a trains force/thrust/momentum/velocity/hp to produce electricity.

Questions and/or comments welcome.

Thank You,

David Adams

That's what I want to know, I've wound an alternator in the traditional sense before and I'm not shure what method you would use to extract power from the train by means of a stationary device. l also want to know how the train produced this power 'efficiently'.

Also, if it 'does save' billions, please show me where it is in efffect; otherwise that should be 'could save'.

An alternator is turned by each train as it wends by. These Alternators, 1 every 1/2-1 mile are each housed below the tracks in an underground structure we'll call an 'alternator station'. Alternators are affixed with a wheel at each side and trains are modified to turn said wheels/alternators as trains wend by, or the best application required and designed by qualified mechanical engineers. A monitored system sending a trains in intermittant intervals every 5-10 minutes, or 5-10 miles apart.

POWERTRAIN

POWERTRAIN places 2000+ 16,500V Alternator stations every 1 mile on a cross country rail line.

Trains traveling across the country are sent at 10 minute intervals, each producing electrical current as they wend by each alternating station.

Each 16,500V station is stepped up via transformer to 250,000V and feed directly to the grid.

It is the worlds largest fuel to electrical current efficiency concept known to mankind, and therefore should be implemented immediately.

It saves billions in fossils and emissions from trucking alone, nuclear waste, and provides electrical current more efficiently than anything man currently uses today and will also provide power for all electric cars and/or trucks.

POWERTRAIN utilizes a trains force/thrust/momentum/velocity/hp to produce electricity.

Questions and/or comments welcome.

Thank You,

David Adams

You will not get more energy than that produced by the moving train (infact it is less), so whatever the train is using to produce motion it must be other than the electric energy produced from the trains. Where is the enhancement in your system over fossil fuel, or nuclear, for two examples?

Why not just have diesel engines turning the alternators? Would not this be more efficient thanusing trains moving on tracks?

Geistkiesel.

Would save billions in trucking alone, and I read in one of your posts Gahd, something about the majority of our electricty is produced by fuels, therefore your the last I expected to ask such a question. But anyway, this an open discussion to find the best system application from the views those of here, and at the same time try answer any questions to the best of my knowledge. For the same coin, eliminate nuclear waste, let's see, we've spent 20 billion just to bury it, ummm the cost to erect a nuclear plant, ummmm, let's see, emissions/pollution virtually dissapear, we power electric cars, it saves billions in many different sectors by connection, a 6 degrees of seperation.

If you connect a car alternator to a fully drained car battery, connect a bicycle wheel to an aluminum pole, hold the wheel against the train as it wends by, and read your battery with a voltage meter. You will find the energy you have hasnessed. Granted the 1 or 2 low friction alternators I have in mind produce a great deal more electricity with a great deal more electromagnetic friction, yet they are a far cry from even slowing trains, and slighly more throttle will compensate if need be.

Oh yes, we utilize the trains force/velocity/momentum/thrust/hp. POWERTRAIN's run on fossil fuel, and pruduce electricity.

You will not get more energy than that produced by the moving train (infact it is less), so whatever the train is using to produce motion it must be other than the electric energy produced from the trains. Where is the enhancement in your system over fossil fuel, or nuclear, for two examples?

Why not just have diesel engines turning the alternators? Would not this be more efficient thanusing trains moving on tracks?

Geistkiesel.

If you'll turn to the discovery channel right now, you'll watch 10 or more dump trucks the size of basketball courts carrying coal to the plant. Funny, cranes are even bigger. You know that costs some bucks X's how many of these plants?

Geistkiesel.

Gahd...your the last I expected to ask such a question.

Our cheif weapon is surprise...

For the same coin, eliminate nuclear waste, let's see, we've spent 20 billion just to bury it, ummm the cost to erect a nuclear plant, ummmm, let's see, emissions/pollution virtually dissapear, we power electric cars, it saves billions in many different sectors by connection, a 6 degrees of seperation.

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand this; are you saying that powertrains would eliminate nuclear power or that nuclear power saves money despite the cost of nuclear waste disposal?

If you connect a car alternator to a fully drained car battery, connect a bicycle wheel to an aluminum pole, hold the wheel against the train as it wends by, and read your battery with a voltage meter. You will find the energy you have hasnessed. Granted the 1 or 2 low friction alternators I have in mind produce a great deal more electricity with a great deal more electromagnetic friction, yet they are a far cry from even slowing trains, and slighly more throttle will compensate if need be.

whateer energy you harness from the train will take away some of it's speed, increasing throttle means more fuel is burned. Far more efficient to just hook a motor up to the alternator.

On trucking costs: if it wasn't cheaper to take it by truck, do you think they would? We live in a capitalist regime, cost effectiveness is a staple of the transportation industry. They've even worked it out to cents per mile(thus why most truckers I know are paid something like 40-50 cents per mile)

...every 1 mile on a cross country rail line.

Er, what? It would be a massive expense just in land, let alone building all the other stuff like tracks. Why on earth use a train for any of this?

>Trains traveling across the country are sent at 10 minute intervals, each producing electrical current as they wend by each alternating station.

Eh? Tens of thousands of trains, on a grid design, every ten minutes? Spaced less than 1 mile apart? Aside from anything else, where would all the people go?

>Each 16,500V station is stepped up via transformer to 250,000V and feed directly to the grid.

>It is the worlds largest fuel to electrical current efficiency concept known to mankind, and therefore should be implemented immediately.

It's possibly the dum^H^H^Hbest idea I've ever heard, certainly you win today's prize. How about you just send me 0.1% of the cost of implementation, and I'll give you free electric for the rest of your life?

Great Britain — Area: 83,698 SQ. Miles - so about that many stations, plus tracks. Call it £100,000 per station for the land, and twice that for the building (unrealistically low, I know) so £300,000 * 83,698 = £25,109,400,000 :hihi: Send me £2,510,940 asap, for a full evaluation, and don't forget that free electric! For life!

>It saves billions in fossils and emissions from trucking alone, nuclear waste, and provides electrical current more efficiently than anything man currently uses today and will also provide power for all electric cars and/or trucks.

So you want all these trains to be stopping and starting, loading stuff, etc. as well? That just isn't going to work.

>POWERTRAIN utilizes a trains force/thrust/momentum/velocity/hp to produce electricity.

POWERTRAIN uses massive amounts of fuel to make a small amount of power. Perfect for a government project.

>Questions and/or comments welcome.

>Thank You,

>David Adams

You are welcome. Send the cheque soonest.

on another note: if you were to change your idea to use the alteernators to braake the train as it's coming into the station that would be a good idea: convert the mimentum used to travel into electricity.

Somehow I think there must allredy be an engine built with a braking flywheel to harness that energy.

By the way a similar thing exists already it's the ICE (=intercity express) train which goes through germany and northern Switzerland (and maybe elsewhere I don't know). They use a system that when the train brakes instead of losing all energy in friction they convert it in electricity. But they do not gain energy just they waste less.

I think thats the whole point here - theres no such thing a free energy, we can only waste less.

You know that using a transformer to step up the voltage will simultaneously step down the current - i dont know how useful it would be for widespread use...

so is this POWERTRAIN being implemented anywhere or have you come to this forum to advertise this idea...

By the way a similar thing exists already it's the ICE (=intercity express) train which goes through germany and northern Switzerland (and maybe elsewhere I don't know). They use a system that when the train brakes instead of losing all energy in friction they convert it in electricity.
At least somebody uses regenerative braking, what a relief!!!

The idea is old but, very sadly, not much employed. I even found it mentioned in Edison's biography.

Absolutly not. We utilize the trains force/velocity/momentum/thrust/hp which greatly improves efficiency, eliminates nuclear waste, fossil fuel buning plants, fossil fuel burning cars, fossil fuel burning 'cross country' trucking, oil drilling and transporting, off shore oil rigs, provides cleaner air/water/atmosphere,and several other anenues related to energy production and conservation.

It requires a full mile with the brakes fully locked to stop a 50 box car train at 60mph.

Once a car is up to a speed of 60mph, it only requires less than 10hp to continue at that speed on a level surface with no wind resistance. There is both wasted fuel and energy. I am utilizing a fraction of this energy with POWERTRAIN. Mercedes has just introduced a V8 that drops 4 cylinders once up to highway cruising speed. Not only does this save wasted fuel/energy, but it reduces to just above hp required to maintain said speed, reducing the level of wasted energy.

Thank You,

David Adams

Our cheif weapon is surprise...

I'm sorry, I don't quite understand this; are you saying that powertrains would eliminate nuclear power or that nuclear power saves money despite the cost of nuclear waste disposal?

whateer energy you harness from the train will take away some of it's speed, increasing throttle means more fuel is burned. Far more efficient to just hook a motor up to the alternator.

On trucking costs: if it wasn't cheaper to take it by truck, do you think they would? We live in a capitalist regime, cost effectiveness is a staple of the transportation industry. They've even worked it out to cents per mile(thus why most truckers I know are paid something like 40-50 cents per mile)

Er, what? It would be a massive expense just in land, let alone building all the other stuff like tracks. Why on earth use a train for any of this.

--Rail lines and trains already exist and are modified, each alternator station is constructed simultainiously along the line/s.

>Trains traveling across the country are sent at 10 minute intervals, each producing electrical current as they wend by each alternating station.

Eh? Tens of thousands of trains, on a grid design, every ten minutes? Spaced less than 1 mile apart? Aside from anything else, where would all the people go?

--Out to lunch? 5-10 miles apart, perhaps first you could try reading and understand?

>Each 16,500V station is stepped up via transformer to 250,000V and feed directly to the grid.

>It is the worlds largest fuel to electrical current efficiency concept known to mankind, and therefore should be implemented immediately.

It's possibly the dum^H^H^Hbest idea I've ever heard, certainly you win today's prize. How about you just send me 0.1% of the cost of implementation, and I'll give you free electric for the rest of your life?

--You've lost your crackers, but at least that clears things up for us.

Great Britain — Area: 83,698 SQ. Miles - so about that many stations, plus tracks. Call it £100,000 per station for the land, and twice that for the building (unrealistically low, I know) so £300,000 * 83,698 = £25,109,400,000 ;) Send me £2,510,940 asap, for a full evaluation, and don't forget that free electric! For life!

>It saves billions in fossils and emissions from trucking alone, nuclear waste, and provides electrical current more efficiently than anything man currently uses today and will also provide power for all electric cars and/or trucks.

So you want all these trains to be stopping and starting, loading stuff, etc. as well? That just isn't going to work.

--Some will, Yes.

>POWERTRAIN utilizes a trains force/thrust/momentum/velocity/hp to produce electricity.

POWERTRAIN uses massive amounts of fuel to make a small amount of power. Perfect for a government project.

--No, POWERTRAIN uses a minimal amount of fuel in relevance to it's return, and will be minimal to construct and operate.

>Questions and/or comments welcome.

>Thank You,

>David Adams

You are welcome. Send the cheque soonest.

--No, although the effort deserves a thread doofus award. ;)

--No, brake friction energy is old school technology. POWERTRAIN is cutting edge.

on another note: if you were to change your idea to use the alteernators to braake the train as it's coming into the station that would be a good idea: convert the mimentum used to travel into electricity.

Somehow I think there must allredy be an engine built with a braking flywheel to harness that energy.