Science Forums

Powertrain

--Understandable, but old school tech. POWERTRAIN is cutting edge technology.

By the way a similar thing exists already it's the ICE (=intercity express) train which goes through germany and northern Switzerland (and maybe elsewhere I don't know). They use a system that when the train brakes instead of losing all energy in friction they convert it in electricity. But they do not gain energy just they waste less.

I think thats the whole point here - theres no such thing a free energy, we can only waste less.

-POWERTRAIN does just that. Consumes a great deal less, while producing a freat deal more.

You know that using a transformer to step up the voltage will simultaneously step down the current - i dont know how useful it would be for widespread use...

--It's current is stepped down to meet grid standards and distribution requirements and/or whatever is required. The great thing about POWERTRAIN is, that everything is completely adjustable.

so is this POWERTRAIN being implemented anywhere or have you come to this forum to advertise this idea...

--I am the brain child of POWERTRAIN, and have been working on implimentation of it.

give us some hard evidence, a prototype even, to show that this could work
There will be no evidence. He simply needs to understand that any energy extracted from those trains must have been put into them.

Plus losses, of course!

-POWERTRAIN does just that. Consumes a great deal less, while producing a freat deal more.

;) It produces nothing. It's possible to extract some energy from a moving train, but only energy you have put into the train to begin with. The train itself produces nothing. It is pointless to put extra energy into the train just so you will have some to extract, you might as well put it into the alternators directly to prevent the losses experienced through inefficiencies.

There would be no point in adding trains to those that already run. The transportation industry already uses trains for all of the transporation it is practical for. That's why you see trailers being carried by trains. Any additional trains would be running empty with nothing to do but power your alternators. This would require as a minimum the energy to simply run an empty train back and forth contributing to the overall inefficiency and losses in the system.

Your idea as a means to provide power is worthless. It's possible that the train operators themselves could reuse energy used from regenerative braking systems if there were a method to store it and really it to the locomotion of the train. OTOH, if they just quit putting energy into the train at a point that it could coast to a stop with minimal braking the results would be the same. If you want to conserve energy go work on something like converting all the incandescent traffic lites to LEDs, you'll be way ahead over this powertrain idea.

But no theme song....Actually, only a complete idiot would not see that POWERTRAIN works or does exactly as I've explained. Please leave the rhetoric BS in your school desk.

..... :) <

you sound like that monorail guy from the simpsons... stop trying to sell us your idea and give us some hard evidence, a prototype even, to show that this could work

Actually, only a complete idiot would not see that POWERTRAIN works or does exactly as I've explained.<

Who you calling an idiot? Anyone with a simple idea of mechanical engineering can easily spot the inefficiencies in such a design. It's easy to see why it won't work and produce any benefit.

But no theme song....Actually, only a complete idiot would not see that POWERTRAIN works or does exactly as I've explained. Please leave the rhetoric BS in your school desk.

..... :) <

Huh... There are a lot of people here who seem to think POWERTRAIN is perhaps not as feasible as you'd wish. You seem to be its only defender. If you wish to gain support, calling everyone "a complete idiot" isn't the best tactic.

-Will

Perhaps you misunderstood, POWERTRAIN does not eliminate the use oil. I said POWERTRAIN clearly runs on fuel several times. It will eliminate the required consumption we currently use, and eliminate the need of imported oil.

Nothing will ever eliminate the use of oil as long as we use the mighty military machines we currently use. :)

Eliminate oil? What does it run on?

I think you took the blue pill.

A lot of short-comings around here? It's more than feasible to those with vision, but then it does require a state of higher thinking. I am the defender, and stand behind it 100%, in that I'm the only defender, speaks volumes for the rest. Just curious, are you one of the so called 'rest' you so presumably describe. At no time did I call 'everyone an 'idiot' as you so ignorantly describe, I said only an idiot could not understand how POWERTRAIN works without being provided with figures. If one is interested in this breakthrough, perhaps they can contribute figures, rather than being an ignorant critic. No small minds required please. And Will, if you only go around looking to interfere, rather than contributing, there are many other threads you can troll your way over to. :)

Thank You,

David Adams

Huh... There are a lot of people here who seem to think POWERTRAIN is perhaps not as feasible as you'd wish. You seem to be its only defender. If you wish to gain support, calling everyone "a complete idiot" isn't the best tactic.

-Will

Doh' extract energy? Doh' rofl at this rediculously feablistic half-brained comment. :)

There will be no evidence. He simply needs to understand that any energy extracted from those trains must have been put into them.

Plus losses, of course!

It produces nothing. It's possible to extract some energy from a moving train,

-1000 of times more efficient than 'any' meathod currently in use today. Make up your mind! Yes it is possible.

but only energy you have put into the train to begin with. The train itself produces nothing.

-Wrong, we utilize the trains force, which is not available in a direct drive system.

It is pointless to put extra energy into the train just so you will have some to extract,

-You are under a veil of illusion. Where can you produce this level of energy for slightly more pennies in fuel, and at the same time transport cargo/passengers/livestock/chemicals/freight across country for the same coin, eliminating long haul trucking and trucking fuels/ nuclear waste /fossil burning plants, etc?

you might as well put it into the alternators directly to prevent the losses experienced through inefficiencies.

-Again, You are under a veil of illusion. We have increased efficiency multiple times over. By utilizing what? Say it loud so the whole class can hear.

There would be no point in adding trains to those that already run. The transportation industry already uses trains for all of the transporation it is practical for. That's why you see trailers being carried by trains.

-Doh',...who would have tought of dat? Please, try not to present yourself as keeper of the clownshoes.

Any additional trains would be running empty with nothing to do but power your alternators. This would require as a minimum the energy to simply run an empty train back and forth contributing to the overall inefficiency and losses in the system.

-"Dip dop, mama, I lost my crackers"...LOL...

-trucking cargo is switched to rail.

Your idea as a means to provide power is worthless. It's possible that the train operators themselves could reuse energy used from regenerative braking systems if there were a method to store it and really it to the locomotion of the train.

-Your educational system is the true worthlessness of this post. rofl POWERTRAIN is the largest and most efficient/cost effective/ and eliminator of wasted energy concept known to mankind.

-Harnessing regenerative heat friction braking is simply for those like you with small minds, or those from the old school.

OTOH, if they just quit putting energy into the train at a point that it could coast to a stop with minimal braking the results would be the same.

-(cough) What? All I can say is, you're better off not typing, it's a wasted effort. LOL

If you want to conserve energy go work on something like converting all the incandescent traffic lites to LEDs, you'll be way ahead over this powertrain idea.

-What? Actually, changing traffic lights sounds like it'd be a good carreer for you.

Thank You,

David Adams

Anyone who does not see the over efficiency and advantages of POWERTRAIN, and then turns and makes a comment stating that any mechanical engineer can spot(canadian lol) inefficiency in POWERTRAIN, presents themselves to all here as clearly being an idiot, and has clearly lost their crackers. :)

Who you calling an idiot? Anyone with a simple idea of mechanical engineering can easily spot the inefficiencies in such a design. It's easy to see why it won't work and produce any benefit.