Science Forums

Could Jesus answer all questions being asked?

insight

i'm curious to know that Jesus could answer all kinds of questions that had been asked. since he is son of God, people would ask him divergent questions from life to philosophy. another question will follow up after the current answer is collected.

well first of all, if he even existed, he wasn't the "son of god." so i doubt some guy that possibly existed 2000 years ago could answer much of anything.

The cults of Yahweh are pernicious bloody atrocities obsessed with money and power. They promise post-mortem escrow for up-front payment. Why does your omnipotent god come up short of pocket change every Sunday morning? Test of faith!

Dominus et magister noster Iesus Christus dicendo "Poenitentiam agite adpropinquavit enim regnum caelorum" omnem vitam fidelium penitentiam esse voluit.

Empirical contradiction (a Christian Scientist with appendicitis) is a "test of faith." It's a particularly inferior pile of crap no matter what the flavor: Jews got ethics, Christians got morals, Muslims got whatever remained.

1) Yahweh, omniscient Creator of the Universe, got the inerrant value of pi correct to one - one! - significant figure. The Egyptians had it 100X better. Test of faith!

2) Crossbreeding of gods and mortals invariably produces powerful demigod idiots (e.g., Hercules; the spawn of Leda's eggs).

The cults of Yahweh are pernicious bloody atrocities obsessed with money and power. They promise post-mortem escrow for up-front payment. Why does your omnipotent god come up short of pocket change every Sunday morning? Test of faith!...
As I recall, UA, you were quite disposed against initiation of a religion forum. And here you are posting in it. You seem to have a strange attraction to things theological.

Or maybe you are just seduced by ancient languages.

Although I am new here it is fairly obvious that UncleAl is not a real person, but a test run of an Artificial Intelligence. The programmers have included the high level of invective and rampant cornucopia of concepts in an effort to obscure its artificial nature from the casual reader. Not a bad effort: I can't wait to see what version five or six does. By that time the artificial character may be less apparent, and who knows, there could even be signs of intelligence.

The cults of Yahweh are pernicious bloody atrocities obsessed with money and power. They promise post-mortem escrow for up-front payment. Why does your omnipotent god come up short of pocket change every Sunday morning? Test of faith!

Dominus et magister noster Iesus Christus dicendo "Poenitentiam agite adpropinquavit enim regnum caelorum" omnem vitam fidelium penitentiam esse voluit.

Empirical contradiction (a Christian Scientist with appendicitis) is a "test of faith." It's a particularly inferior pile of crap no matter what the flavor: Jews got ethics, Christians got morals, Muslims got whatever remained.

1) Yahweh, omniscient Creator of the Universe, got the inerrant value of pi correct to one - one! - significant figure. The Egyptians had it 100X better. Test of faith!

2) Crossbreeding of gods and mortals invariably produces powerful demigod idiots (e.g., Hercules; the spawn of Leda's eggs).

Uncle Al, i'm sorry that i don't understand what you're trying to say related to this thread. would you describe more for further comment?

wow that's cute. all i have found (specifically in this forum topic area) are close minded people with preformed ideas pretending to be scienctists. there is no ultimate truth in science. who gave you the authority to say what is or isn't true.

awww, guys, i'm sorrry...that's an awful way to start my hypography career.

please accept my apologies for such silly ridiculous ranting.

i'm unbelievably human, and i become a tad sensitive when people question and critize things i believe. hypocritical of me, ain't it?

sorry again!

i'm curious to know that Jesus could answer all kinds of questions that had been asked.
Jesus often did not answer questions he was directly asked. He was a guy with remarkable intuition and tended to communicate in a style that was a little orthogonal to the context, but more directly related to the core issues as He saw them. He would have been a great guy to have over to dinner. Particularly with someone like UncelAl at the table. Stew on that a while.

One example among dozens: The prostitute in John 8.

Church leaders brought a hooker to Jesus and asked whether she ought to be stoned. She was apparently cought mid-event and dragged into the square. You will note the other half of the tryst was not present, just the woman. Hmmm. Jesus, rather than answering their question, stooped and started writing on the ground in the dirt. He then stood and suggested that the sinless should be the ones to throw the stones. The men all left.

A common view of this surprising story is that Jesus is actually saying not only that those who are sinless should be the rock pitchers, but those that are without this particular sin should throw the stones. That is, Jesus was accusing the men present personally of illicit sex. This, of course, leads to the question: What was He writing on the ground? I think the answer is He was writing the names of women.

Spielberg should do this scene. The men show up dragging the prostitute. She looks fearful, expecting to be stoned. Jesus looks at her knowingly. He then fixes his gaze on the senior accuser, and writes the name of his dalliance first. He keeps writing on the ground, looking at each man one by one, until all are gone.

Finally, He tells the woman that being a prostitute is not OK. He communicates that He approves of her, but not her behavior.

Other examples where Jesus behavior was surprising: The Samaritan woman at the well. Jesus dealing with the moneychangers in the temple. Jesus telling Judas to "go quickly". Jesus dealing with Nicodemus, the Pharisee, in John 3. Most parables were meant to surprise (I thnk), not teach.

This guy was not predictable.

If you believe any of what is written in the Bible about Jesus, you must believe the miracles he performed as well. And it is rather strange to say he never existed, there were millions of people who saw, thousands who said they saw him raised from the dead, and thousands who even gave their lives because they believed so greatly in their conviction. No one would die for a lie, many will not even die for the truth. It's against human nature. I believe Jesus was the Son of God, he died to redeem us of our sins, and on the third day he rose again. (I don't care if you don't believe it, it's a free country and I can believe what I hold to be the truth if it does not harm others.) Looking at it from this point of view, it is easy to see why Jesus was not predictable. He said "I do only the will of my Father" and God said "My ways are not your ways, and my thoughts are not your thoughts." This would make for quite unpredictableness.

• 2 months later...