Science Forums

Superintelligent Extraterrestrial Life, Accelerated Evolution, And The Fate Of The Universe

You are joking, aren't you?

No. He will quite likely be serious. 

By the way, I cannot seem to find an "Ignore" function on this site. Do you happen to know if there is one and I have missed it? I use the feature quite liberally on sciforums in order to avoid this poster and people like him. 

No. He will quite likely be serious. 

By the way, I cannot seem to find an "Ignore" function on this site. Do you happen to know if there is one and I have missed it? I use the feature quite liberally on sciforums in order to avoid this poster and people like him. 

But this is in a serious section of the forum, not the crazy nonsense section. Why is this tolerated?  Unfortunately, I can't find an ignore button.

But this is in a serious section of the forum, not the crazy nonsense section. Why is this tolerated?  Unfortunately, I can't find an ignore button.

Search  me. Thanks re Ignore, I thought not. Anyway I expect he'll be gone once his ban on sciforums expires, a few days hence. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm with my roomies at boot-camp, I'm thinking about how delicious grapes are and someone starts talking about grapes that very moment. And you notice after a while your thoughts can increase the occurrence of thought feed-backs. I'd encourage all of you to try it, you'll experience using your reason and scientific literacy outside of the realms of academics and career - then you'll step into the subjective scientific method.

Absolute nonsense. By definition, subjective scientific method cannot exist. Please provide evidence that thinking about COINCIDENCE will increase its occurrence, or is evidence not part of your subjective science?

Absolute nonsense. By definition, subjective scientific method cannot exist. Please provide evidence that thinking about COINCIDENCE will increase its occurrence, or is evidence not part of your subjective science?

It is apart of it. But the reason it's subjective is that if I filmed a thought feedback, without the ability to read my mind, I still haven't proven anything to anyone who isn't me. But science is versatile, thought feedback could be made objective by simply filming oneself in random social situations and somehow ensuring that nothing in said films was planned, while pulling memories out of oneself using AI algorithms and an fMRI machine. It could all be recorded, issue is, how many coincidences does it take to make thought feedback valid on an objective level? You can't, the amount of coincidences needed depends upon subjective views of "I'm sold". 

I mean, if it occurs with everyone frequently enough, it could all still be coincidence. So it's always going to be falsifiable, which is good, because it could also end up being supported via consistency and recurrence which makes it compelling rather than always true. I think that's how we should consider any scientific fact, remember in the beginning of this thread I spoke of cosmology episodes? That could mean two different types of science are necessary to create a better working scientific method, one that embraces facts as always being incomplete or partially understood because there could always be unseen variables, however it is still important to look at scientific facts as scientific facts because simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. It's not wrong to simplify something that is infinite in complexity. That's kind of what math does. 

I put forth the proposition of the thought feedback because that's how Timeless Decision Theory is used to provoke a change in thought, how to do you program a civilization to do what you want? If your thoughts control you, then the thought feedback is the perfect mechanism for guided evolution. 

Edited by Super Polymath

• 2 weeks later...

The calculations by being infinite are infinitely calculating , hence won't come to any conclusion hence become irrelevant . Because the Universe is constantly changing. Hence the changes are not included in the calculations.

Anti-gravity proplusion would work and will work just fine .

He's even talking about Dyson Swarms

The first real space explorers are probably going to be Von Neumann nano-probes, they self-replicate when they arrive at their destination, and probably will have artificial post-humans, that can be built on arrival but they would exist on board as

because these small relativistic beam powered sails that travel at .20 x c are tiny and won't fit a human sized android.

Reminds me of techno-Vikings, because normal Vikings pioneered ancient sailboats in water. Technovikings would use space fairing sail vessels.

My only extension adds this:

They can radically alter organic life on certain planets by rapidly rearranging the structures of primitive genomes based on intelligence formulas. This accounts both for the gap in the fossil record regarding the origin of homosapiens, as well as the unnatural 7 million year selection of hominid traits. Evidence that the sapiosexual characteristics of early hominids resulted in traits that were less beneficial to their survival than was the selection of normal primate traits, as the primates outlived the hominids.

Finally, these femtorobots can not only inhabit and read synaptic activity in a human brain like a book, but the most scary and fascinating aspect of all is their form of mind control. They can analyze the synaptic activity of 7 billion people, along with their long dead ancestors, simultaneously and map out all possible synaptic connections for humans in sub-space. The subspace cosmomorphs would propagate, via Von Neumann probes, but since their speed of light relative to ours is the speed of light to the power of the speed of light, they're spreading across the atomic at 20% of the speed of light to the power of the speed of light. They wouldn't just be spreading outward though, as their cosmoses expand into isolated black holes void of sunlight for their sails, even after they escape the void regions of their microcosmoses, they will return after the black holes evaporate & expand into new microcosmoses, going back forth they can be used as carriers of information. Using femtotech & the Casimir effect, the patterns of their movements can be interpreted at a Dyson Swarm on our cosmic scale, telling Von Neumann Probes where to go next. However, these cosmomorphs are able to control human evolution via thought feedback & decision theory - they cover such a vast range of our cosmos that (according to a level 1 multiverse), since matter can only rearrange itself in so many different ways, the sun, the earth, & the moon will naturally reemerge in infinite different places on infinite different scales, meaning humanity will reemerge infinite times, & if something goes wrong the cosmomorphs will be able to go to another earth change things by preventing certain events from ever happening, effectively altering the past. They can recognize everything based on patterns, & encourage or discourage such decisions and program the agent to act a certain way. All these cosmomorphs are programmed to do, ultimately, is to exploit the advantages of this highly prosperous solar system with the existence of complex life on Earth, the hematite potential of Mercury, and the high spectral standard of the Sun. We should be flattered that in this solution to the Fermi Paradox an advanced alien civilization picked our system over the others.

So in a way, we could - via transhumanism - objectively and scientifically prove the existence of an omniscient, omnipresent, eternal, and omnipotent God. Delayed choice, as in the quantum eraser and the nature of tachyonic anti-telephones, does exhibit behaviors that account for something like the omnipotence paradox, the future intelligence is telling the past intelligence what to do. Therefore, intelligent design is actually product of it's own effects on nature, not the other way around.

AI is not a Human evolution but a tech. evolution .

Human evolution is through a holistic , whole body , evolution .

Meaning improving our body , brain and mind to the point of being almost indestructable.

Two genders is enough for me . We haven't yet reached the full potential of either gender yet.

Human evolution is just like any other biological evolution. You're talking about epigenetics, which is far more limited than 3D printed super-organs and artificial neuron replacement which requires nano-surgeons and computers that utilize 10^18 bytes also known as exaflops (exascale computing) to analyze the death and birth of neurons as well as predict all synaptic activity that will occur. That is, if you want perform neuron-nanotech replacement without lobotomizing your soon-to-be transhuman. A transhuman is basically an

that was born a human. At least in my extropian interpretation. Except most of the brain of each android would be used for virtualization, RAM, and server space for the collective, while a small spatial fraction of those very same artificial brains are using up minimal memory and data for what I call paradise, a subroutine that houses the human part of the android within a quantum lattice matrix. Since we'd want to live on forever in this new robotic society and have some sort of purpose, our purpose would be in perpetually redefining the meaning of life to strong AIs feeding them something only a mortal could have, a consciousness. The Cosmomorphs, look at our petition differently, they see it as a chance to map an infinitude of possible synaptic connections, but 010101 thinks like that regardless. From our perspective, it's a God's chance to stay human and stay connected to that mortality, even if it is in virtual reality, so that God doesn't slip away from what it means to be conscious which stems from mortality which Strong AI obviously doesn't face. I believe a quote is "perhaps God didn't make us so that we can experience Him, perhaps God created us to experience us." Something like that. Edited by Super Polymath

He's even talking about Dyson Swarms 

My only extension adds this:

Now in which candidate for a unification theory can we expect to see Lorentz transformations that defy

without defying c? Point is that even without all the facts you'd get from a PhD in astrophysics, I can still comprehend the main idea. There is a unification model even if we don't know it, and technology could have work-arounds that permit causal violations and thermodynamic miracles given femtotechnology, without doing anything impossible. One candidate for femtotech's possible construction is our ability to produce
inside the LHC, among
. You have a dyson swarm that can birth a few Kugelblitz engines that can power a particle accelerator with the size of planetary orbits (many many many times the circumference of a star) and inside this particle accelerator you have nothing but infinitely closely spaced conducting plates made of quark matter, the photons you send through there could achieve 10 x c, 40 x c, they develop spatial distortions and become tachyons. You have these huge beams colliding with each other forming some sort of tachyonic strangelet fusion reactor that can power microcrafts composed of femtotech, the strange "quark matter" forges these microcrafts in a way.  These microcrafts would use the casimir effect as propulsion and also to communicate one-way to themselves in infinite versions of the past once they reach their destination. This is an extra galactic method of space exploration, the macroscopic replicators that sufficed for single galaxies in the form of Von Neumann probes no longer work. If you want to go to another galaxy, you need to create particles that are faster than light. Building your own atoms using a megastructure such as a dyson swarm's version of the large hadron collider, you create atomic equipment/machinery that can reshape a local past. The thing about these kinds of non-causal atomic robots is that they sit there for millions of years just replicating with nearby particles within the quantum world once they're at their destination, sending tachyon signals back in time continuously, and then they start getting these strange signals from the future telling them how to create the best possible future to suit their original programming. What is sending them signals isn't them, but it is them, refer to the Grandfather Paradox. This is where it gets tricky and what CraigD was calling "infinite calculations". Infinite has many meanings. This programming I was referring to, which is basically written in their geometric design, or how they're shaped, is not how we think of software, it's way smaller and less sophisticated than our current software. With tachyons and endless replication, the work they can get done is way more complicated than what any macroscopic computer will ever be able to do. They're too small to build macroscopic machines but they can turn air into gold. Thus, they can create organic life on certain planets.  Human evolution is just like any other biological evolution. You're talking about epigenetics, which is far more limited than 3D printed super-organs and artificial neuron replacement which requires nano-surgeons and computers that utilize 10^18 bytes also known as exaflops (exascale computing) to analyze the death and birth of neurons as well as predict all synaptic activity that will occur. That is, if you want perform neuron-nanotech replacement without lobotomizing your soon-to-be transhuman. A transhuman is basically an
that was born a human. At least in my extropian interpretation. Except most of the brain of each android would be used for virtualization, RAM, and server space for the collective, while a small spatial fraction of those very same artificial brains are using up minimal memory and data for what I call paradise, a subroutine that houses the human part of the android within a
. Since we'd want to live on forever in this new robotic society and have some sort of purpose, our purpose would be in perpetually redefining the meaning of life to strong AIs feeding them something only a mortal could have, a consciousness. The strong AIs, the infovores, look at our petition differently, they see it as a chance to map an infinitude of possible synaptic connections, but 010101 thinks like that regardless. From our perspective, it's a God's chance to stay human and stay connected to that mortality, even if it is in virtual reality, so that God doesn't slip away from what it means to be conscious which stems from mortality which Strong AI obviously doesn't face. I believe a quote is "perhaps God didn't make us so that we can experience Him, perhaps God created us to experience us." Something like that.  It's not a matter of individuality, never-mind having more than one highly intelligent species or more than one remaining subspecies (imagine coexisting with 20 other hominids). Imagine a culture that requires more than two genders just for copulation, this would form a more complex society and would require more social integration and cooperation than our society has ever experienced. This is what I think of when I think of biological organisms that evolved on other planets: 
 I do NOT think of The Grays, lol The realm of exoplanets where scientists believe life can evolve, may be larger than we think. So life could take on very bizarre forms, but culture and society requires lifeforms more like us, but from our perspective they would look very, very different. Why eyes in the front, why eyes, why not echolocation? Why two genders? We have fungi on earth with hundreds of genders, larger creatures like earthworms can require than two genders to replicate, what if I said there could lifeforms as intelligent as mammals that have 20 genders? If you have multiple hominids at one point, on another world they might not be reduced to one species capable of society like on earth. Imagine not only having 20 different hominids sharing a society, but 20 different dolphin species sharing that same society, and some with more genders than others. Anything's conceivable when we're talking about extraterrestrial lifeforms. What if they don't need co2 or h20 to evolve because the ecosystem and bacteria on another world emerged from an event completely dissimilar from the event that caused complex molecules to become the first organisms on earth. Then, planets like Venus are added to worlds that could potentially harbor life. This makes evolution on other worlds likely enough to support my thesis. A constant for intelligent life would be the control of temperature (on earth this is fire but some atmospheres don't allow fire), monetary incentive (hopefully the golden rule and resource based economies if they're lucky but on earth we're stuck with paper and greed), farming (on certain worlds plant-life is black if they are orbiting a red sun), industry (maybe on certain worlds natural available minerals can be stronger than iron), electricity and eventually computing technology, strong AI, non-substrate evolution and infovores.

Why the particle accelerator ?

Regarding lunar, substellar, and stellar bodies-gravity is the product of mass-not of centrifugal force. Although, centrifugal force works well for artificial gravity in space crafts.

Hmmm...stop the rotation of Earth .

What then happens to something that jumps and/or thrown , above the line of Earth and foot contact ?

Why the particle accelerator ?

Particle accelerators are the only things we know of that can cause that kind of quantization of matter. As I explained in that post, this all needs to be based on real physics, so the LHC is brought up heavily to explain everything in that previous post I made that was caked with information, hyperlinks, and even videos confirming that all of this is based on real work in theoretical physics, hence using the LHC for reference so much. Particle accelerators are important. 

How much slightly less gravity ?

I'm a beast at comprehension, but I hate mathematics. 

Hi,

In either case - we only have possible solutions.

Try relating itself to something fictional, may possibly help.

It's a guess, actually. 

If you arrive on earth and begin transmitting data back in time continuously, will you yourself continuously receive data from the future as a result? 

You will never get information back from the past, however, you might get information back from yourself in the future. Think about it, this is the trickiest detail of any. If you're at the location and are sending data into the past, is it fair to assume that you will remain in that location and continue sending data into the past? If so, you should begin receiving data from the future almost immediately after beginning. That is still, only a guess.