Science Forums

Volunteering And Recruitment Thread

KiritoAsuna

Moderation note: This thread is for conversations by people seeking to volunteering to work with others, and people seeking to recruit volunteers.

Posts of this nature made in threads discussing neuro and computer science will be moved here.

Please help maintaining the readability of our science threads by refraining from posting volunteering or recuritment offers in them.

Craig and Jacob I am Simply Commenting to say i look forward to a nerve gear being here shortly and I too have decided that would go to college specifically to learn exactly what to do and what is needed to create a nerve gear or amusphere gaming headset i hope one day ill get to meet you Jacob since you decided to do the same maybe we can work together on it in the future. Thank you Craig for your insight but i will dedicate my life to making this even if it doesn't turn up to be very popular. Once again Thank You guys. :1drink: 

• 1 month later...

Although I am not the smartest man in the world, I believe this is all possible, we are only in late 2014 in about eight years time it's possible technology could have an immense boost and bring us what we need, I do not believe I have the mind or talent to pull off something as technical as the Nerve Gear but if this console were to become a reality I would hopefully be on the team of Game Devs releasing Sword Art Online or whatever it shall be called.

My comment may have not helped you in any way but I felt like I could tell you this because maybe I could help you all in some way or another.

Craig and Jacob I am Simply Commenting to say i look forward to a nerve gear being here shortly and I too have decided that would go to college specifically to learn exactly what to do and what is needed to create a nerve gear or amusphere gaming headset i hope one day ill get to meet you Jacob since you decided to do the same maybe we can work together on it in the future. Thank you Craig for your insight but i will dedicate my life to making this even if it doesn't turn up to be very popular. Once again Thank You guys. :1drink: 

Yes i also want to go to college and learn about the brain and be a software engineer to make this game.. I have too watched the anime and it was so amazing i want to create it. I hope we can all be a team?

• 1 month later...

Hello Guys,since the Guy who said he would make a website did not say anything for over 1 week i decided to make one so we can get this a bit more organized than just a simple Thread.

Next Week i would get a domain going specifically for this project  for now i think a subdomain of my Domain should be okay. I already installed a phpbb instance and if some of you want to help me get the Forum going it would be highly appreciated. The forum can be found under http://forum.brosquad.de i am currently in the process of setting it up.

PS: sorry for my english i come from Germany.

• 4 months later...

I juat read this forum and I think that what you guys are doing is amazing and it truly shows that people have such passion for something that they would actually try to put it into action. I know that is hard for me, so I give you guys a lot of credit. Most times, I don't even move past the idea stage. But this is different. I have always loved SAO and ever since I finished the series(both SAO and SAOII), I have wanted to make the NerveGear. I was wondering if any of you guys would "allow me in on it," for lack of better terminology. I have always been an enthusiast about the brain and mechatronics, so if I could be of some use, that would be pretty cool.

Edited by 17robots

Update on Project Arbiter.

Info count: couple small things to update on and nothing too exciting to report just a couple questions.

1. Couple of my friends in the game development field were saying if the plan goes smoothly and all ends well they said they would get to work with some games for the device. Any suggestions like games from SAO or game ideas will be much appreciated.

(Side note they are working to help with the code as we speak.)

2. I need some one with web development skills to make a website for the project to confirm legitimacy to the public if you can then I will also need a company name if anyone has any ideas.

3. I'm thinking I should start a thread in FullDive Tech just for Project Arbiter updates and stuff if you think I should then it will contain all the info and events coming up to the hopeful release of Project Arbiter. Answers are greatfully received.

4. I lied there are some big BIG news on Project Arbiter. PLATFORM prototype 1 is complete!!!! YES!!! Let me explain it is basically The Seed from SAO but you start with a see through floor and sky all around you and using your Flip Hud you can build place element and enemies anything as long as you have the design for the thing you are placing. It is a HUGE step for me and the team.

5. We are also close to the first Full dive prototype testing.

6. For questions and private matters email [email protected]. The first 50 Legendary (now renamed) spots are now open! Send me your Full IRL name, Ingame name you will use and why you want to be a Legendary and when the time comes the full 100 of you will be sent the device with the PLATFORM installed and instructions included. See you all on the flip side.

I would be more then honored to be an alpha tester for the invention of the nerve gear and you can email me at [email protected], I have always been a fan of the sao subject or your project, and I can offer moral and physical support by being Canadian so I can help get approval of the device in Canada because I specialize in medical knowhow and a tiny bit of neurology but that's not what I am asking for, I just want to be the first prototype's tester, as long as there is above a 50% chance of success, I want to offer my knowledge of law as well, I am aged 15 I just don't want you to think I have a profession in medicine or law. So please email me back

Update on Project Arbiter.

Info count: couple small things to update on and nothing too exciting to report just a couple questions.

1. Couple of my friends in the game development field were saying if the plan goes smoothly and all ends well they said they would get to work with some games for the device. Any suggestions like games from SAO or game ideas will be much appreciated.

(Side note they are working to help with the code as we speak.)

2. I need some one with web development skills to make a website for the project to confirm legitimacy to the public if you can then I will also need a company name if anyone has any ideas.

3. I'm thinking I should start a thread in FullDive Tech just for Project Arbiter updates and stuff if you think I should then it will contain all the info and events coming up to the hopeful release of Project Arbiter. Answers are greatfully received.

4. I lied there are some big BIG news on Project Arbiter. PLATFORM prototype 1 is complete!!!! YES!!! Let me explain it is basically The Seed from SAO but you start with a see through floor and sky all around you and using your Flip Hud you can build place element and enemies anything as long as you have the design for the thing you are placing. It is a HUGE step for me and the team.

5. We are also close to the first Full dive prototype testing.

6. For questions and private matters email [email protected]. The first 50 Legendary (now renamed) spots are now open! Send me your Full IRL name, Ingame name you will use and why you want to be a Legendary and when the time comes the full 100 of you will be sent the device with the PLATFORM installed and instructions included. See you all on the flip side.

I would not mind working with you guys. I have a forum up here: www.scienceforums.com/topic/28417-id-like-to-form-a-company-to-make-the-nervegear-from-sword-art-online-does-anyone-want-to-help/ that I feel has the jobs that are required. Might I ask that I become a part of this project. I have loved the idea of a nervegear becoming reality and I would love to see what it looks like. Please message me if you could @Heisenscience. I feel that I could really be of use to your group.

And I would agree on the 20+ age limit, now that wouldnt keep under that age from joining, but would limit the responsible parties to the older members. We would need a thorough listing of our goals and the areas of expertise needed, much of this has been posted here and is a great place to start, for example I know nothing about neuroscience so I wouldn't sign up for that group nor try to become a team leader or board member presiding over said section

No I would say no preclusion as on of the main goals of said org would be video games lol and you can do more than just on forums-make flyers, raise awareness, recruit others, start a chapter and lead it's growth and events do fundraisers the sky would be the limit with parental and org approval ( mainly because as stated b4 we would need to watch our image and remain proffessional) and then someday when ur old enough join as a lead member, even a small pebble can start a avalanche with enough momentum. There's is my wise thought for the day lol

There is technically already a topic made by 17robots pertaining to the creation and development of an FDVR company, which can be found here. It may or may not be in line with your guys' ideas and aspirations, but give it a look.

I had seen that thread but it had kinda died the last time i looked at it. But as it turns out while me and RisingDev have been going back and forth, the same has been going on in the 17Robots' thread.

Well on another note I'd need a large showing of interest say at least 50 ppl to actually file the paper work for a nonprofit, Im sure there is more than that interested, but getting them moving is much more difficult. Until then I'm content to enjoy learning about things like neuroscience and stuff from you guys things that I don't know anything about