Science Forums

Is our life precoded in our first cell

anjalimago

DNAunion:

UncleAl: A simple thing like your mom pregnant with you eating soy products ... makes a mockery of predestination.

What???

UncleAl: Soy products contain isoflavone phytoestrogens - genestein daidzein - and coumesterol that substantially emasculate males from womb through puberty. They will end up with short stature, scant musculature, and small genitalia. Asian immigrants to Canada who adopt local diet without the soy and rich with animal protein input routinely have tall 180-pound hockey-playing sons who wow the girls. When traditional diet is maintained, so are traditional results. West coast Canadian condom dispensors have a special slot for "slimmer" rubbers.

Still don't get it. How does MY MOM being pregnant while I eat soy products make a mockery out of predestination? Could you be a little less obtuse?

Oh................ now I see.

I find UncleAl to be very obtuse and figured this was just more of the same.

He is. However, he also misses a loophole in his own suggestion. Hard Predestination would simply state that you're Mom was predestined to eat soy beans.

I'd also like to see Uncle Al back up his statement on soy beans in general. Almost every baby today is raised to some extent on some form of soy product or another. Its present in baby formula, in certain baby foods, etc. Given that the average Penis is around 6 inches(Source: Penthouse) and that we today seem to have the same distribution around that average I'd suggest some of that data he based that upon is incorrect or at least other factors would be involved. On a personal note, while my Ex-wife never ate soybeans our youngest son ate soy milk formula and has an above average one himself while one child who breast feed tends to be normal. The logic behind his statement and its foundational source is rather questionable in general.

• 4 weeks later...

Soy products contain isoflavone phytoestrogens - genestein daidzein - and coumesterol that substantially emasculate males from womb through puberty. They will end up with short stature, scant musculature, and small genitalia. Asian immigrants to Canada who adopt local diet without the soy and rich with animal protein input routinely have tall 180-pound hockey-playing sons who wow the girls. When traditional diet is maintained, so are traditional results. West coast Canadian condom dispensors have a special slot for "slimmer" rubbers...

So while consuming soybean products are healthy, they stunt our growth and make us weak???

Soy has a lot of estrogen, apparently. I think I had heard that before. I live almost entirely on soy protein. I will have to make some diet changes when I decide to get pregnant. He is saying that the amount of estrogen in a soy diet would adversely effect a growing male fetus. I don't think if you right now eat a lot of soy that you'll get shorter and your penis will shrink....

Soy has a lot of estrogen, apparently. I think I had heard that before. I live almost entirely on soy protein. I will have to make some diet changes when I decide to get pregnant. He is saying that the amount of estrogen in a soy diet would adversely effect a growing male fetus. I don't think if you right now eat a lot of soy that you'll get shorter and your penis will shrink....

I check on it , and soy beans don't have a high count of estrogen. The reason I was asking is because my Brother was raised on soybean products, and he is 6" and huge!! I agree w/paultrr, the logic behind uncleAl's statement is indeed questionable!

L2L

TeleMad: Biology can explain your conception, embryological development, birth, maturation from a child to an adult, and your reproducing offspring, all without recourse to a hypothetical God.

DAK: Not to be rude, but this is a bit weak as a 'no god proof' isn't it?

It's not meant to be a 'no god proof'. It does, however, show that there is no need for a God in any of that.

DAK: It also occurs to me that the use of "hypothetical God" seems meant to be pejorative, ...

No, it's not perjorative, it's descriptive. Despite what they will insist, religious people don't actually know that God exists (they may believe it, but they don't actually know it). Nor can they verify His existence to others or to science. God is hypothetical. If you feel otherwise, then please prove His existence.

TeleMad, ones religion does not have to be proven by science. How do you explain our excistence? monkies? If so, what did the monkies evolve from? I don't know a single christian that can prove to you, with scientific evidence, that God does exist. But I know plenty that can tell you bout there own experiences with him. Well I did'nt prove anything ;) , but this is how I feel about the matter!

L2L