Science Forums

Sub7

• 3 years later...

I have Googled and Googled and Googled and have found no officila source claiming Sub7 is illegal. And as to installing it on victim's computer, probably risky if they look into it, as the disclaimer for downloading Sub7 says that you verify that you own all computers you install, infect Sub 7 on.

Paying no attention to that, I would say, send it as an e-mail attachment or IM to someone you know, disguised as their friend so they trust it, change the name so they think it's like a picture or something, and tell them to turn off their firewall, security, etc. because some people's computers don't allow it. Lol I have it all figured out...

Oh, and you can download Sub7 from the official site, Sub7Legends.com. If you do, make sure you DO save it to a floppy or CD just in case, this is a must as it probably can't be trusted not to infect your own computer. Sub7.net is no longer a working website BTW. Oh, and you can download other cool stuff from Sub7Legends like an icon changer, all you have to do is register for free so you can get a download pass. Man I can't wait to try this...

Ok here it goes, downloading now for the first time, arrg 92% Shoot, virus pop up came up again. I said to download to a CD, but make sure you do it at a library to make double sure, lol I have a $600 Windows Vista computer my mom would kill me if I infected it...

First of all, what a way to bring back an old topic... last post on it was in 2005.

Secondly, and i dont say this to a lot of people, but this

I have Googled and Googled and Googled and have found no officila source claiming Sub7 is illegal. And as to installing it on victim's computer, probably risky if they look into it, as the disclaimer for downloading Sub7 says that you verify that you own all computers you install, infect Sub 7 on.

Paying no attention to that, I would say, send it as an e-mail attachment or IM to someone you know, disguised as their friend so they trust it, change the name so they think it's like a picture or something, and tell them to turn off their firewall, security, etc. because some people's computers don't allow it. Lol I have it all figured out...

is plain stupid. There is nothing illegal about sub7 as a program, hell, i can write a program that will take over the great firewall of china, and it will not be illegal, it's the USE of Sub7 on a system that does not belong to you, or any system you dont have explicit written permission from the owner IS a federal crime (For starters: US CODE: Title 18,2701. Unlawful access to stored communications )

Thirdly,

DO save it to a floppy or CD just in case

How's that even supposed to help... i take it you are not a computer person... drop this Sub7 idea, it's dumb and script kiddyish, go pick up a book on Linux and keep yourself busy for a few years doing something that is actually fun and cool and mostly secure...

First of all, haha 4 yrs ol, so what.

Secondly, obviously the program itself is not illegal, anyone could tell that much.

And I don't say this to a lot of people, but that is plain stupid.
lol you actually went and looked up which exact fed crime it is and then linked to it.

Thirdly, saving it to the CD would contain the client, edit server, and server to the CD allowing easy removal and transportation.

There's nothing wrong with being a script kiddie, it is actually fun, and cool, maybe not to people who have been doing this for years who forgot how they started out.

How is messing with someone with Sub7 without having to do work somehow unfun...And as for being a computer person, I am the most advanced in my school, knowing graphics design, website design, and trying to get into programming. Is there any way you can make someone feel more unwelcome cause if there is, make sure you unload it all so the next person doesn't have to read this crap.