Science Forums

Sub7

i remember when i was in like..........4th or 5th grade i used to use a program called sub7 that would "hack" other peoples computers, and you could do various things to the machine. i did it for fun, just messed with people. i found out later on that this program was a virus...is that true?

i've been wondering for years and it just came to my mind...

anybody remember this program or know anything about the virus?

I remember using it back in early high school... most people didn't have any antivirus software running so it was really easy to get the trojan on their system. I remember doing the classics: taking control of the mouse, opening their cd drive, printing out naughty things on their printer... oh, the script kiddie fun! ;)

• 1 month later...

hi friends,

Can anyone please tell me that how do we use sub7? I have got it but i am not sure that whether it works behind a firewall or not. Coz I live in university halls of residence and there is a firewall on our network.

Secondly, I want to know that do I need to install it on the victim's PC directly or can I do a remote installation?

Please can some one answer my questions and also state a procedure of using this trojan.

Thanks a lot friends.

Waqas

well in theory, since i think this is illegal, you use the program to create a trojan. make sure you make it to deliver the victems IP address to your email, or icq address or something. then, send the victem the trojan. when they open the .exe it will alert you of their ip address and port. you type that into sub7 then you can control their computer. i doubt this would work nowadays, since everybody is a security freak. you can try though.

That is definately illegal unless you have permission from the victim to use it... You can also use this program to test the volnurabilities of another system or even your own, but again if it is against someone you need their concsent. Plus Sub7 is really a cheezy way to get into any system, you are better off learning how to do it for real, if you need to...

hi friends,

Can anyone please tell me that how do we use sub7? I have got it but i am not sure that whether it works behind a firewall or not. Coz I live in university halls of residence and there is a firewall on our network.

Secondly, I want to know that do I need to install it on the victim's PC directly or can I do a remote installation?

Please can some one answer my questions and also state a procedure of using this trojan.

Thanks a lot friends.

Waqas

Yes, you must install it manually on the victim's PC. You will need to get the Dean of the university to assist you with this since they have a special password for this. The system administrator of the university can help you with any firewall issues you have in breaching the security he has configured.

So why exactly do you need this again Waqas? if you need to access any windows machine, you'd be better off using remote desktop anyways, not sub7, I hope you realize that sub7 is still a virus, and in order for it to work you it needs to poke holes in the security of an already insecure OS, plus with a firewall involved, you will have to drill that as well, i'd say that if you need to access that machine, you would be way better off with remote desktop utility that is running by default in windows anyways, all you need is credentials on that box :circle:

Can anyone please tell me that how do we use sub7?

Google if you must, but know that every IDS on the planet has signatures for Sub7; you will be caught if you attempt to use this in a University environment.

I have got it but i am not sure that whether it works behind a firewall or not.

If you are genuinely interested in computer security, I suggest you do some research before attempting to run an exploit you genuinely don't understand. Here are a few suggestions:

1. Learn to code - I like C, but any language that lets you build custom packets and put them on the wire yourself will work (read: Not VB)
  2. Learn how sub7 works - by reading the source code
  3. Learn how intrusion detection systems work (Snort is a good starting point)
  4. Learn the legal ramifications of attempting to compromize someone else's machine in your locale

If you are not yet convinced that running sub7 on your school's network is a bad idea, I suggest you also learn to make pizza; you will not be finishing college.

do I need to install it on the victim's PC directly

You are contemplating running an blatant trojan across a network when you have physical access to the machine in question? Contemplate explaining your expulsion to whomever is funding your education because you wanted to be l33t.

Unroll gently, don't use after the date on the package, and clean up after yourself.

Thanks a lot friends.

We're here for you, buddy :hihi:

nice, Nemo, never doubted that you'd post something like that :rolleyes:

here are some more clarifications:

C works great, but one, you are better off learning C++, and two, if you dont have time, you are better off with Python, its quicker, easier to learn, and if you have no prior programming experience a way better language to start with.

I wouldnt bother with learning how sub7 works, its over a year old and is extremely depricated, as well as no a great code to look at. I'd suggest getting a book on computer security, i cant say that there is anything that is really great out there, but the hacking exposed series isnt that bad, looking through general books on security of systems is helpful. Learn your networking. Find out how the firewalls operate, what DMZ is play around with the "paketto" tools, learn nmap, learn all you can abut arp, play around with Operating System volnurabilities, as well as volnurabilities in servers... all that general stuff, oh and ofcourse never ever try to attack other peoples computers because its illegal.