Science Forums

Skat

Turtle

___I have just looked over my Science Gallery images & despite my pride in my Katabatak graphs & wagon, etc., the most popular, most viewed image is the coprolite; skat, grundy, dropping, piece of pooh! ;) ;) ;) :)

___What in the name of creation!? I offer this anecdote: I took a poetry class once & had to memeorize a poem by this popular guy; I can't remember his name or poem, it started like "He fell from the top...". Anyway, he came to town & we went as a class. I took a female acquaintence & we went at the prescribed time & place. The reading was held in a large church & quite the varied crowd made attendence. Well dressed older folks, scroungy street folks, & in between folks. To begin, there came a warm up poet, & I never having attended a reading thought this somehow funny. When he finished, on came our laureate attraction & the room grew still. Then off he went on a 20 minute poem on pooh! ;) I mean he talked about it nonstop with poetic observations & twists of word & wit...I think I spent as much time sneeking peeks at other people as I did watching him.

___As the old SNL line goes, discuss. ;) ;)

• 8 months later...
It burned me a bit when I saw his response. I was angry at a post, and was trying to parady it... but was threatened with expulsion because my joke was not clear. Oh well... maybe it's okay in a thread about dookie. :hihi:

I personally appreciated the artfulness of your response. I find myself typing stuff like that and then deleting it sometimes, because I have a habit of initially trying to personalize my retorts. I wish there were a thread called "Shouting in the pillow" or something to that effect to allow a very cathartic release of exasperation without having to dance around the semantics of propriaty.

Bill

I personally appreciated the artfulness of your response. I find myself typing stuff like that and then deleting it sometimes, because I have a habit of initially trying to personalize my retorts. I wish there were a thread called "Shouting in the pillow" or something to that effect to allow a very cathartic release of exasperation without having to dance around the semantics of propriaty.

Thanks Dog. I love it here, and have no problem following the rules... I just know there is some gray area in them. I will speak what I feel, becuase I'd rather do that and get banished than scream into a pillow because I didn't.

As always, thanks for your post.

Cheers. :hihi:

It burned me a bit when I saw his response. I was angry at a post, and was trying to parady it... but was threatened with expulsion because my joke was not clear.

I appreciate the fact that you were upset by Infy's response. I truly do. And I really do encourage people to try to work through these things. However, usually, I encourage them to work through them in a PM. It really isn't all that great to have this type of stuff show up in other threads. Don't take this as another slam. That's not my intent. I just want you to understand that if you feel you were treated unfairly, there is something that you can do. This goes for ALL MEMBERS.

If you feel that you are being unfairly treated by another member, or by any part of the staff, contact an Administrator via Private Message (PM). We will look into the situation, discuss it amongst the other Administrators, and get back to you with an answer. (just a side note: While Tormod is 'the' Admin around here, and is more than willing to help any one at any time, please try to pick a different Admin for your PM. He's got a lot on his plate, and that's why he's got the rest of us here to help. Rest assured that he will hear about your situation in the "Admin" forum, as we generally do not make major decisions without him (hey, I said 'generally', T!) )

Please take into account that our staff is human, we often make mistakes. But then again, we are usually the first ones to admit to those mistakes. We've tried very hard to assemble a group of diverse, interesting, and fair people that help take care of things around here. However, we all have off days (yes, even me on occasion, about 1 every 9 years or so), so we are prone to blunders, over-reactions, and the like. Point them out to us in a PM and they will be dealt with accordingly.

Oh well... maybe it's okay in a thread about dookie. :hihi:

:) Well, DUH!

Of course it is. On with the poo-talk!

I just want you to understand that if you feel you were treated unfairly, there is something that you can do. This goes for ALL MEMBERS.

If you feel that you are being unfairly treated by another member, or by any part of the staff, contact an Administrator via Private Message (PM).

Thanks Irish. I was not treated unfairly. I made a silly post, and it was taken poorly. I am somewhat concerned that I've received neg feedback from moderators when my intention was playful, but I guess I'll have to deal with that.

PMs were exchanged, but since it continued to be brought up, I responded.

Thanks for the post.

Cheers. :hihi:

Poo-Poo Poem!

When I wake up, there you are!

Coming out of me through Intestines Far! :hihi:

Ascending, Decending, Tranverse Colon All,

You travel long distance, to take a fall!

Plop, Plop, Fizz, Fizz,

Oh what a relief it is! :)

Then I notice the whirpool,

Taking you to far off lands.

Only be filtered through screens,

By City Water Workers Hands.

But thats ok my Poo friend...

Tomorrow We'll do it again!

;) :) :eek: :eek: ;)