Science Forums

A perfect world?

Dark Mind

Would it work?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would it work?

• No, this form of government wouldn't work.
    • Yes, this form of government would work.

Here's my version of of a "Perfect World": :xx:

You combine Fascism (A system of government aimed at "The greatest good for the greatest number of people". It is, however, a system of government ruled by a single dictator.), Communism (Everyone is treated equally and has equal rights.), Capitalism (An economic system in which the means of production and distribution are privately or corporately owned and development is proportionate to the accumulation and reinvestment of profits gained in a free market.), and a touch of the Caste sysytem (A social structure in which classes are determined by heredity). Now I know that most of these contradict the others and that is why I would like to throw out some of the beliefs of these forms of government and keep the ones that would make the system work. I would use Fascism to promote general equality among, not between, the seperate castes. I would use the Caste System to create different classes among people based on their benefit to the society (also utilizing Fascism), for instance: I would make Doctors one of the highest classes followed closely by Medicine and science (like Physics and Pharmaceutical Technicians), the people working in these classes would enjoy a higher standard of life than some, say, working in a fast food restaraunt. Communism comes into play by creating equality within the classes and keeping people in Physics on the same comfort level of living as anyone else in Physics, just the same as every Librarian would enjoy the same comforts of living as any other Librarian. Capitalism would be used to promote the rising through the castes and abolishing the former principle of having to be born to a certain level of living standards; people would now be able to be "promoted" from something like the Entertainment business to something like Farming and would be able to continually rise up the social ladder and basically be able to choose what they did. And if there was an excess number of Doctors due to their raised standard of living and people wanting to have it the Poltical class could just spread them out over fields where there were too few operating in (like Plumbing or something), but at the same standard of living (they did make it to the Doctor level...). :hihi:

Well, those are my sixteen year old mind's beliefs on government. :D

Remember the optimist who drowned in a bathtub half-empty of water? Read

Machiavelli, The Prince

Orwell, 1984

Roth, Portnoy's Complaint

Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Haldeman, The Forever War

to gain some perspective on the results of power. Authority must always be contained by responsiblity and liabilty. Government has its own pensions independent of Social Security . Government it is immune from its own social legislation. What does that tell you?

http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:MRCIlMyIGkUJ:www.scienceforums.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D2441%26goto%3Dnewpost+%22uncle+al%22+hypersphere&hl=en

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Hypersphere.html

http://www.mathreference.com/ca-int,hsp.html

http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/comprom.htm

Central control of anything complex is mathematically constrained to end in utter failure. If compromise is attempted, the worst possible results are obtained. Government can succeed only if its sets the most general framework for a stable society (e.g., the US Constitution, that is smaller than any automobile owner's manual). All more specific controls and enforcements must operate on the local level where problems are overall much less complex.

When central government centrally administers your retirement, healthcare, welfare, education, manufacturing waste, morality, utilities... and local security, the country goes to Hell in an expensive handbasket (USSR, North Korea, Cuba, US). When buying and selling are regulated, the first items to be bought and sold are the regulators.

Remember the optimist who drowned in a bathtub half-empty of water? Read

Machiavelli, The Prince

Orwell, 1984

Roth, Portnoy's Complaint

Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Haldeman, The Forever War

When central government centrally administers your retirement, healthcare, welfare, education, manufacturing waste, morality, utilities... and local security, the country goes to Hell in an expensive handbasket (USSR, North Korea, Cuba, US). When buying and selling are regulated, the first items to be bought and sold are the regulators.

I agree with you. Atlas Shrugged scared the hell out of me. It was the perfect example of why government should not be allowed to have too much control, not to mention that people need to stand up for themselves and not be cowed by society. I also really liked the idea that money was the measure of man's ability rather than the "root of all evil", as the government would have had the people believe... and I wish that certain people would understand that we can only help others if we first help ourselves (I live amongst many illegal immigrants, some of whom I talk to often, who feel it's the USA's duty to take them in and give them jobs...) I feel that all government employees should be required to read it...

The perfect system of government you have mentioned is the right concoction from a 16 year old. In the third world, an environment of evenly balanced fascism,capitalism,communism,and casteism exist already exists in many countries of south asia,although the hierarchy of professions is a little jumbled..

G'day folks,

Dark Mind, I take it you're not 100% convinced by the politicians of your nation? Regardless of the intrinsic value or not of your ideas you would find the need to impose your view onto others who can't see things the same as you, thus destroying whatever value your ideas might have. That's why utopias can never work, from Plato to Marx to the neo-conservatives of your homeland,one person's idea of heaven is another's vision of hell and if we hold true to our principles of democracy, we need to allow others to live their lives in disagreement to our own views no matter how strongly or sincerely held. cheers gub.