Science Forums

Sugar....Baby?

Robust

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanna send me some, I must admit, I'm quite partial to cheesecake as well. I also make a darn good one, I'm just generally too lazy to.
We should start a thread (probably in the new "religion" category) about the best cheescake recipe.

It's getting me in the mood for baking.

I usually keep my cheesecake lust under control by reminding myself that my typical cheesecake is about 5000 calories, or a little over 400 calories per slice. And stopping at one slice is tough, so I don't make one very often.

Good times ahead for us, Biochemist! Just informed by daughter (keeps getting into my life) that her sugarless cheesecake is on it's way....You'll have the recipe.

Good times ahead for us, Biochemist! Just informed by daughter (keeps getting into my life) that her sugarless cheesecake is on it's way....You'll have the recipe.
I understand sugarless cheescake. It is the low fat cheesecakes that I find difficult to appreciate. I think of them as a low fat dessert; it is not legitimate English to call them cheesecake.

I understand sugarless cheescake. It is the low fat cheesecakes that I find difficult to appreciate. I think of them as a low fat dessert; it is not legitimate English to call them cheesecake.

Right...then! I do understand. But the question is if sugar should be taxed at the same rate as that of tobacco?

How could you ask that???? sugar is a way of life!

no im just kidding... I understand what you are getting at. Sugar can be habit-forming, but since i have the metabolism of 5 horses, and im only 13, i can eat all the sugar i want and never get fat... sure i get gas alot... :sun: ... woo that smells! :( anyway...

Although sugar-use does not have the kind of health issues as tobacco, it is a major world commodity. If sugar was taxed as much as tobacco, our economy would skyrocket!!!... well... maybe... Personally i could get by without sugar. I'd just make up for it by eating tons of strawberries and grapes...

Which also give me gas too, but im sure we would all learn to live with that! :hyper:

I think the worst thing sugar can do is give you a sugar dependency... you know... where you have to have tonsofsugarmoresugariwantmoresugarYeah! :( :( ;)

Sadly i think this has effected my cousin. He is 7 years old and he is so hyper that i wonder how my aunt hasn't gone to an insane asylum! I have seen kids without medication that have ADHD and i can tell you right now, if hyperness gave you super strength, which to a degree i think it does, my cousin would be stronger than 3 kids who had ADHD that were twice his age and not on medication. He is really really hyper but he is still a pretty smart kid. Sometimes he breaks out in fits but its all part of being seven.

The point of this is, sugar is a major, and i stress that word, part of life! If they were to tax sugar, then i think a lot of people would suffer in silence while frosted Mini Wheats replaced their Froot Loops and Honeycomb. I personally cant stand those cereals so i wouldnt be worried.

Cheers!

IMAMONKEY! :(

Sugar, not so bad when you are young. I would stick to moderation when it comes to sugar, I think it slows down your production of insulin and if your body decides that it no longer needs to produce insulin then you wind up with diabetes...I am not saying sugar causes diabetes I am just saying everything in moderation... :(