Science Forums

Help with a project idea

Hoffman

___I meant to post an idea for you earlier Hoffman but I had so much spiining 'round my cranium I couldn't get a single one. Plus these other guys put up good stuff quickly.

___I am now curious what you chose? Is it underway? Will you keep us posted? Research spoken here!

___I meant to post an idea for you earlier Hoffman but I had so much spiining 'round my cranium I couldn't get a single one. Plus these other guys put up good stuff quickly.

___I am now curious what you chose? Is it underway? Will you keep us posted? Research spoken here!

Well, I'm working with a group so we haven't really decided yet. We won't get working on it till like the last min. :) But the more ideas the better so if you have any more feel free to post them, and again thanks. :Alien:

Piece of rigid plywood (how do you brace its rear side?) covered with aluminum foil (waterproof) or whatever. Add 1/2" of sand - fine to course, round or sharp. Tilt at various angles - slump angle! Pour water down center at various rates. Alter viscosity of water (how do you measure viscosity?) with additions of a little methylcellulose and age overnight. Alter water density with additions of Epson salt (how dense can you get it?) Should you pre-wet before pouring?

How do the erosion patterns change? Digital camera or webcam helps to document. Remember to add a scale marker. You can do a few hundred runs in three weeks. Look up "Theory of Experimentation" to be efficient in testing yor hypotheses. Look up fractal analysis of drainage patterns.